Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Preacher, Goon & Chaos Theorist Decks

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Funcom has partnered with MMORPG.com to give our readers the first look at custom decks that players will have access to when playing The Secret World. These decks guide players in finding an awesome build for their characters in game. This time, we bring you the Gladiator, Necromancer & Warlord decks. Read on!

The Chaos Theorist is a whirlwind of attacks, hitting anyone around him. He uses both Chaos Magic and Fist Weapons to damage large groups of opponents. The Chaos Theorist is also very mobile and able to control the positioning of his enemies, by Impairing and pulling them towards him, so he can ensure he hits all of them at once.

Read more The Secret World: Preacher, Goon & Chaos Theorist Decks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• werewoodwerewood Member Posts: 76

What I noticed in the last BWE is that actually all weapons have both single target attacks as well as AE ones. Its just a matter of side effects, range and type of AE. Its still nice. But the decks here may give a novice an impression that she can't achieve a similar effect with another build. Just my 2cp. Overall as indicated on my blog, I do recommend this game :)

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

I rolled Chaos/Fists in closed beta and it rocked. Better survivability than anything else I tried.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

I've noticed that the melee attacks are much more effective than the ranged/gun attacks, which seems odd. But since I always use a melee character, I didn't bitch about it. Did it change since the last BWE?

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 627

Is there any one place (i.e. thread) where all these decks are listed/posted?

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

I tried the Chaos Theorist deck and let me tell you it owns all around.  So much so I'm afraid chaos/fists will be first to get the nerf bat.  Having 2 charge abilities plus an AOE pull knock-down that does high damage is just insane. Ranged and low def opponents don't stand a chance.  After trying chaos/fist combo everything else felt very weak.  Also get bad-ass looking deck outfit as a bonus!  Chaos/fists will be very popular.

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162

They really seem to love that wheel of misfortune tree

• MaelkorMaelkor Member UncommonPosts: 459

In general in games similar to this style melee attacks will always do slightly more damage than ranged attacks due to the difficulty in maintaining melee distance and having to close before being able to fight.

For instance in the beta I noticed a number of critters that backed off and spread out because they did ranged attacks, forcing you to chase them if you are melee. Mix this with slows and such and it becomes possible for a mob to kite you instead of the other way around. The nice thing is you can mix and match to have both ranged and melee abilities at the same time.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by Benbrada

Is there any one place (i.e. thread) where all these decks are listed/posted?

A few more at http://www.thesecretworld.com/world/decks/

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

I'm set for early launch this friday :)

The Ultimate Breakdown

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Originally posted by achesoma

I tried the Chaos Theorist deck and let me tell you it owns all around.  So much so I'm afraid chaos/fists will be first to get the nerf bat.  Having 2 charge abilities plus an AOE pull knock-down that does high damage is just insane. Ranged and low def opponents don't stand a chance.  After trying chaos/fist combo everything else felt very weak.  Also get bad-ass looking deck outfit as a bonus!  Chaos/fists will be very popular.

I saw a lot of Chaos/Fist decks running around on the last BWE, and they indeed owned. I was concentrating on the sword tree myself, and doing very well against groups of mobs, but I have to admit to a little jealousy when I saw a Chaos/Fist player do their thing.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• I also played in the BWE.  I'd watched videos before to see how things looked.  The videos led me to believe that damage is weak.  When I played the BWE I went with assault Rifle/Blood Magic.  I tried 3 different builds of these rwo abilities.  My reacction to the videos proved true.  Base level of damage is too weak.  Passives are negligible increase in damage.  Worse I found healing the same.  Base heals, even with passives, cannot obliviate the amount of damage received.  Blood shield a heal and absorbtion barrier is taken down with one enemy attack which stops the Heal over Time from occurring.  And worse of all anyone using DoT abilities is a massochist with a suicide complex.  By the time a DoT stops an enemy it has already made multiple attacks on you.

But in regards to all of that I like the potential of the game and preordered,  Like some others I'm ready to go Friday and try to make it work.

• TorvacTorvac Member UncommonPosts: 135

you got to find the right synergy between passives and actives :

1) active skill X sets status Y on mob (or you)

2) with status Y passive skill A activates Z

3) with Z ...

hard to explain but thats how it goes.

e.g. i was playing a blade/blood penetration build, had 1 active skill to set afflicted state on mobs, then 1 passive that gives higher penetration on afflicted mobs, another that stacked penetration buffs. so the longer the fights goes the higher my penetration rating is. so if your depend on DoTs figure out how to make actives/passives add to each other for DoTing. same with heals/shields.

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523

Can;t wait for this game to come out.  Finally a singl eshard mmorpg with 100's of skills to choose from.

• BaffleBaffle Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by Jaedor

I rolled Chaos/Fists in closed beta and it rocked. Better survivability than anything else I tried.

Anything mixed with Chaos or Blades give very good survivability. Chaos + Blades is even more powerful on that front. Some people love that in PvP aoe'ing large groups, but there are debuffs and purge effects that can quickly make an end to that!