Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game would be much better with ranked Battlegrounds.

2»

Comments

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Have none of you noticed the ability delay in EVE... it's pathetic. When you turn off a module and it goes round in the red like 1/4 of the way before it shows it as off and you can click it again : The worse thing is some systems are worse than others, some will go round like half.....

Don't join Factional Warfare btw unless you're in a corp who does it and then I don't even see the point, you might as well roam yourselves without them. See joining fleets in FW is so bad you never have good players, people get scared and warp away. Joined a group of 17 and two people warped in and killed two of our guys instantly because they went directly at them... then everyone warped away without telling : We're 16 and they killed two noob frigates, FFS! We actually had a Merm who didn't use frigates and he wasn't even bothering to fire, he wasn't locked down but just said in chat that there was no point..... fucking move so you take less damage u nub. FW is such a shambles and the worst thing is it's in low sec, though it was meant to get people into PVP, instead it just gives you more targets cause of pirates, they should have built it into low sec for newer players.

The only real PVP you can get is in 0.0 from as far as I can tell, low sec is just gate camp sec, the most boring noob PVP known to man. I don't get it I looked at my map to see how player people were in each system and I noticed Rancer (I think it was called) had a load of deaths so I went there in a stealth bomber. So funny all the kills the got as people were trying to jump through.... fucking look at the map to see the stats you idiots. I mean why are people gate camping in the first place? They stayed there all night judging from the map... just that isn't the PVP I want. 

Like I said 0.0 solo roaming was the only good PVP I came across but you think a fight is going well and suddenly you have like 10 people jump in and it's like.......... fuck sake, burn away and warp and hope some follow me and I can get a lucky frigate kill. You cannot kill anything with a tank because they'll always have friends or several ALTs. Even then most the time you're getting kills because your ship is just better, most people fly Dramiels and just own any frigate for solo PVP but then I just don't see it as fair as that is about how much money you have. Then to do anything meaningful you need an alliance in 0.0 and capital ships.

Dunno the game isn't hard, it's one of the easiest to understand PVP games, basically it all comes down to knowing what ship does what and picking your fights. Tbh the only useful PVP ships are nano these days because you need to get away and be able to control range. 

Like I said no skill involved, just unfair fights make up for 99.9% of EVE and to me that is boring. Saying that though people don't even seem to complain about the ability delay in the game and the obvious lag from system to system... dunno how people can fight in it. I mean when people played SWTOR everyone was complaining but I reckon EVE hides behind the "it's complex man you just don't understand" lol. Fact is EVE has mostly ALTS logged in I swear, everyone I talk to has at least 2 accounts and the most I've seen is 15.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Dalano

Um, they sort of exist already.

Red vs. Blue is a player-created perpetual war between two corps. 1 vs. 1s are honored and happen all the time. Tourneys are held often. In fleet fights, one side will often ship down if there's a clear advantage.  Special weekend events take place. Rankings are provided by killboards and mean about as much as WoW's BG rankings, i.e. very little.

Any character over a week old can join and be pew-pewing within minutes.

That's the beauty of the sandbox: if they're built well enough, the players can create their own content, often better than the devs could.

+1

RvB is extremely popular in EVE. There have been nights that 10% of the player kills in EVE were from RvB. Best part - barrier to entry is non-existent. Join up, hop in a frigate and have some fun. :) 

Here's a link for people interested in more info: RvB

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• everm0reeverm0re Member Posts: 1

wow.

really? abilities?

why do u need battlegrounds? because u suck at picking ur fights or u are to lazy to acquire the knowledge that lets u know if u can take an enemy or not?

There is tons of 1on1s happening in lowsec. Yes there is gate camps, but they arent pretty easy to avoid. which u obviously dont know how to do. Because there being tons of kills on the map for quite some time is a good indicator that there probably is a gamecamp going on.

This thread just makes it obvious to any not-halfassed-EvE-Player that u didnt take ur time to learn how to play EvE. Thats just it. U can make up for a lot in lowerclassed ships just with flying skill, good fittings and general game knowledge.

And how can u complain about FW fleets having bad players when all you wrote so far shows that you werent any good yourself. Yes there are bad players, but dont badmouth them when u arent good yourself, and if u are make it an effort to show them the way to do it right.

Yes a lot of Eve Players have alt accounts, me too, because PvP mostly isnt hotseat based and also because the gameworld is fucking huge( not like a 10 minute flight in WoW :P ) and if u are playing the markets its easier this way . 

What u are trying to do is compare different MMO genres with each other which will never work out.

How are battlegrounds "fair"? the only way they ever are "fair" in BG-PvP games is when u run the FOTM class combo. Because if you don't then u get screwed because with some combos its just a steep uphill battle against the combo that is favored by the live patch. 

And u also didnt understand what makes the Alliance Tournament so much fun. The big contenders for the title take hundreds of hours of gametime to find the setups that they are gonna run. And they do that in the most secret spots they can find so no one gets intelligence on their setup. Which brings us back to the main point of the game, to gather intelligence on the people you are going to fight.

IF the AT was and 24/7 all year thing nearly none of the people that take the AT serious would give a fuck about it.

So yes, this is the wrong game for u if u r looking for hotseat bg pvp.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Make your own with your corp/alliance mates?  That is what's so cool about Eve.  I was in a alliance where did things like bg's all the time, planned or even randomly, if enough people were on.  Regardless, Eve isn't about twitch skill whether it's 1v1 or 200v200.

If you feel that you need to buy isk and characters to play the game, it's quite possible that you are playing the wrong game.  There are plenty of games that allow for instanced pvp.  Go play them.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I'd say that, for the most part, what EVE does, EVE does right.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• OdyssesOdysses Member Posts: 581

The OP sounds alot like the new wave of instant gratification MMO Players.

1) This game does not have feature X like game Y does.
    2) Because this game does not have feature X, I will not play it.
    3) I am representative of the majority of the people who are contemplating buying this game.
    4) Therefore if I do not buy this game, few people will.
    5) Therefore this game will fail.
    (Please ignore the fact that if you do include feature X I will nevertheless only play the game for 2  months before becoming bored and leaving said game for game Z)

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Hello. I just stopped by to ROFL. Carry on.

Joined - July 2004

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by tixylix

Have none of you noticed the ability delay in EVE... it's pathetic. When you turn off a module and it goes round in the red like 1/4 of the way before it shows it as off and you can click it again : The worse thing is some systems are worse than others, some will go round like half.....

What does this have to do with battlegrounds or PvP skill?

Don't join Factional Warfare btw unless you're in a corp who does it and then I don't even see the point, you might as well roam yourselves without them. See joining fleets in FW is so bad you never have good players, people get scared and warp away. Joined a group of 17 and two people warped in and killed two of our guys instantly because they went directly at them... then everyone warped away without telling : We're 16 and they killed two noob frigates, FFS! We actually had a Merm who didn't use frigates and he wasn't even bothering to fire, he wasn't locked down but just said in chat that there was no point..... fucking move so you take less damage u nub. FW is such a shambles and the worst thing is it's in low sec, though it was meant to get people into PVP, instead it just gives you more targets cause of pirates, they should have built it into low sec for newer players.

So your corp sucks and are a bunch of cowards, that is not a fault of Eve.

The only real PVP you can get is in 0.0 from as far as I can tell, low sec is just gate camp sec, the most boring noob PVP known to man. I don't get it I looked at my map to see how player people were in each system and I noticed Rancer (I think it was called) had a load of deaths so I went there in a stealth bomber. So funny all the kills the got as people were trying to jump through.... fucking look at the map to see the stats you idiots. I mean why are people gate camping in the first place? They stayed there all night judging from the map... just that isn't the PVP I want. 

Rancer is a very popular pirate home.  They are (in)famous for gate camping and smart bombing.  "Why are people gate camping?"  You answered your own question in the previous sentence.  Because they get tons of kills and some of  the wrecks have expensive cargo.

"that isn't the PvP I want"... ok, nobody was asking you to join them.  They wouldn't accept you anyway.

Like I said 0.0 solo roaming was the only good PVP I came across but you think a fight is going well and suddenly you have like 10 people jump in and it's like.......... fuck sake, burn away and warp and hope some follow me and I can get a lucky frigate kill. You cannot kill anything with a tank because they'll always have friends or several ALTs. Even then most the time you're getting kills because your ship is just better, most people fly Dramiels and just own any frigate for solo PVP but then I just don't see it as fair as that is about how much money you have. Then to do anything meaningful you need an alliance in 0.0 and capital ships.

You flew into a trap.  Welcome to Eve.  You will not survive in 0.0 alone unless you've been around for a while and even then it is very very difficult.

Dunno the game isn't hard, it's one of the easiest to understand PVP games, basically it all comes down to knowing what ship does what and picking your fights. Tbh the only useful PVP ships are nano these days because you need to get away and be able to control range. 

So fly nano ships.  If the game requires no skill why are you worried about controlling range?

Like I said no skill involved, just unfair fights make up for 99.9% of EVE and to me that is boring. Saying that though people don't even seem to complain about the ability delay in the game and the obvious lag from system to system... dunno how people can fight in it. I mean when people played SWTOR everyone was complaining but I reckon EVE hides behind the "it's complex man you just don't understand" lol. Fact is EVE has mostly ALTS logged in I swear, everyone I talk to has at least 2 accounts and the most I've seen is 15.

"unfair fights make up 99.9% of Eve" and 85.3% of all statistics are made up.

"Fact is EVE has mostly ALTS".  Can you show me the source of this fact?  Anecdotal evidence doesn't count.

"the most I've seen is 15".  There's a player in WoW with 40 accounts, does that mean WoW is mostly alts?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• OldBikerOldBiker Member Posts: 75

There is a PODSIDE episode where they talk alot about this subject.  Rundle has some very good ideas how to make this work and it would be excellent for the new player experience.  It would give inexperienced players a place to gain confidence in PvP and could be good for Eve in general.  Go listen to PODSIDE 3 or 4 or one of the later Lost in Eve episodes and you can hear the discussion.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

So funny you call us instant gratification whiners or we want dumbed down games or we're casual gamers....

My friends all tried EVE and they all say it's based on un fair fights and it is boring.

They all spend hours a day on LoL or WoW Arena or CS 1.6.... more hardcore than any of you here and yet they hate EVE cause it's about the time you put in and not skill..

Pretty simple and what I've experienced too.... oh look I'm doing missions while alt tab to gain money (BORINGGGGGGGG) because the combat is so *yawn* and requires no skill.

Why even make me grind these misisons for money? Just give me the money so I can PVP and do that part of the game I want?

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    Originally posted by remyburke

Hello. I just stopped by to ROFL. Carry on.

Yeah, me too. And I don't even play Eve. But I'll add that as I got up off the floor, I was sadly shaking my head.

Once upon a time....

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

So funny you call us instant gratification whiners or we want dumbed down games or we're casual gamers....

My friends all tried EVE and they all say it's based on un fair fights and it is boring.

They all spend hours a day on LoL or WoW Arena or CS 1.6.... more hardcore than any of you here and yet they hate EVE cause it's about the time you put in and not skill..

Pretty simple and what I've experienced too.... oh look I'm doing missions while alt tab to gain money (BORINGGGGGGGG) because the combat is so *yawn* and requires no skill.

Why even make me grind these misisons for money? Just give me the money so I can PVP and do that part of the game I want?

lol sorry you got owned so much. Better luck in your next game.

One of my favorite parts about PvP in EVE is the tears that follow :)

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272

Eve might not be great, but it is good comparing to other MMOs out there.

Keep on rockin'!image

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by FastSloth
    Fair fights prove who has the most skill

Nope. It doesn't matter how often people repeat that, it's not true. That's like me running around "only 1 on 1 ibis fights with civilian gatling lasers while we keep our eyes closed prove who has the most skill!!"

Welcome to Eve. If you were looking for a fair fight, wrong game.

+1 :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"