Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How stupid.... don't consider students?

Comments

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    Originally posted by Khrymson
    Originally posted by stragen001

The rest of us have to goto work every day, and you dont hear us complaining about them releasing on a workday do you? 

This^

And I work 7 days a week...never get a day off.  Course I do work overnights thus having my entire late morning, afternoons, evenings and late nights to do as I please, but thats besides the point...ROFL

what soooooooo many here in this thread are afraid to admit.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by SuperXero89

I would how many of these hardworking, educated adults are working as cashiers at Kum & Go.

LOL ikr, but most of all i wonder how many this educated adults have a women :P

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Cool.  One more egocentric college kid finally realizing the world doesn't revolve around them.  ArenaNet, you just made the world a better place.

BTW, the release date is actually a bad time for me as well as I will be on vacation.  I'll have about enough time to make a character or two to save the names and play for a couple hours during early release (I pre-purchased).  The difference between you and I is I'm not going to whine because I don't get to play when I want.  That's life.  Get used to it.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• Grimrist000Grimrist000 Member Posts: 82

what is this? i don't even...

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152
    Originally posted by xalvi

I would how many of these hardworking, educated adults are working as cashiers at Kum & Go.

If you fill your mind with these kinds of thoughts, Im guessing you have no woman.

To the OP, this is life dude, get used to it. Once you stop thinking the world revolves around you, life gets much better.

• YilelienYilelien Member UncommonPosts: 324

Get a job!

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Sad topic.. as if being a student is as demanding as a full time job or something. I've been a student.. most people have. You have more free time as a student compared to any other part of your life afterwards, especially in the first month of a new term/semester.

I'd rather be out enjoying the social side of being a student at that time tho instead of being stuck at a computer. GW2 would have to wait and I wouldn't care in the slightest.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by bwinthehouse

Wow, I forgot that my audience here was bitter unemployed college grads who can player this game any time of the year because they do not have a job. I speak for the majority and younger part of the community when I say that this release date is horrible. How did they chose this one in the board room? Did they not consider that a majority of their buyers would be extremely stressed out with starting school again? Such a bad business move, they should have considered the happiness of the majority. 

You speak for the majority?  Does that come with a nametag?  Like "Majority Speaker"?  Are you the president of the "Majority Club"?

I highly doubt your assertion....

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• arrgyarrgy Member UncommonPosts: 87

As sad as this topic is, the OP has a good point. From a business point of view waiting until the end of August is probably the worst time to release this game, for the reasons he stated. You either do it in the middle of summer or closer to christmas.

Its kind of like the games that decide to patch on the east coast in early to  late afternoon, when most of your subscribers are on *cough Turbine* and then it turns into a night thing because you don't know how to patch something correctly.

Its like selling bathing suits during Thanksgiving, really doesn't make good business sense.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by Adalwulff
    Originally posted by xalvi

If you fill your mind with these kinds of thoughts, Im guessing you have no woman.

To the OP, this is life dude, get used to it. Once you stop thinking the world revolves around you, life gets much better.

Clarly you can't detect sarcasm when i said "educated adults", but your well thought out reasoning and educatd reply made me agree with you that i may have no woman. Is your ego fulfilled now?

• chefdiablochefdiablo Member Posts: 202

Originally posted by Kaneth
    Maybe because the world doesn't revolve around students.http://www.theesa.com/facts/index.aspQuick note from the industry facts list:The average game player is 30 years old and has been playing games for 12 years.Yeah, they are releasing it at a fine time for the average gamer.

Nice! Many of the posters around this site tend to think of themselves as the "bulk the gaming world" in one way or another. It is our human tendency to believe we represent more than just ourselves. It can also be very disheartening to find out you are a minority rather than the opposite.

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Gw2 is likely a lot younger but the average age in Most MMOs is in the early 30's. Not to mention GW2's target audience is a lot more casaul than most AAA MMOs appealing to those players that do not want to grind, are PvP players and do no want to invest a lot of effort or time into a MMO.  In regards to College Students it is the start of the semester and if they want to spend a few weeks at release playing non stop it should not matter much as they will have planty of time to catch up.  I cannot recall anyone ever studying the first weeks of a semester.  Once you get out of  schoola nd get a job you will realize how much more freetime you had as a student.  In regards to the devs I doubt they care if it inconviences anyone as they have already sold an amazing total of pre-order boxes.  I doubt they care if anyone plays as long as they pay to buy the game.

• RamadarRamadar Member Posts: 167

This launch date is horrible. It is right when the bulk of the gaming community is going to college, highschool, graduate school etc... I do not understand games that do not set up their release dates with well know college breaks and vacations. I am just disappointed because I wanted to grind this game out before I went to college, not during my first couple of days at the school were I might not even be set up to play yet. ARGH!!! This whole summer, there has not been one good game....

lol I can see that would suck then again I've never had that problem except when I have to work 10 to 12 hour days for about 2 to 3 weeks at a time, then again I dont have my hobbies on my mind 24/7 like I did when I was a little whipper snapper. GW 2 isn't going anywhere be glad that ANet put us all at ease I am looking forward for AUG 28, 2012 !!!!! YEAH BABY

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb....

• KingzainiKingzaini Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Khrymson

This launch date is horrible. It is right when the bulk of the gaming community is going to college, highschool, graduate school etc...

Good, this complaint is only proving why it is a good launch date  ~ So we adults can enjoy the game during the day, and late nights while all the whiney children are sleeping or at school.  When you get older and don't have to worry about school anymore, you'll appreciate dates like this too!

All the more to love the current launch date.

• HEISTTHEISTT Member UncommonPosts: 20

Just see it on the positive side. You cannot be playing GW 2 24/7 so that means you are less likely to 'burn out' (that happened to me a lot in the past when I played a game too often and still occurs sometimes). And you are also not very likely to have a lot of prep work to do for any exams (since schools are just starting) so you can still dedicate most of your time after school to play this gem!

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

The date is good like any other date. If you say that i imagine if it was December... Maybe you would prefer it..

You will cry a lot if you think the dates will always fit your tastes like you want on future, because they wont. The perfect date for you would be horrible for others and the other way arround. So accept it and dont cry over it.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145
    Originally posted by chefdiablo

Originally posted by Kaneth
    Maybe because the world doesn't revolve around students.

http://www.theesa.com/facts/index.asp

Quick note from the industry facts list:

The average game player is 30 years old and has been playing games for 12 years.

Yeah, they are releasing it at a fine time for the average gamer.

Nice! Many of the posters around this site tend to think of themselves as the "bulk the gaming world" in one way or another. It is our human tendency to believe we represent more than just ourselves. It can also be very disheartening to find out you are a minority rather than the opposite.

Was making a reply whitthe same content as Kaneth but a copy will do :P 

its about in every "discussion"  ..I love the "The US has the most gamers" myth  .. or the "90% is male" ones ,  funny stuff.

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Member Posts: 237

Wow, I forgot that my audience here was bitter unemployed college grads who can player this game any time of the year because they do not have a job. I speak for the majority and younger part of the community when I say that this release date is horrible. How did they chose this one in the board room? Did they not consider that a majority of their buyers would be extremely stressed out with starting school again? Such a bad business move, they should have considered the happiness of the majority. 

Hum.  You call them bitter, but you seem to be the only one who is upset.  Everyone else is just laughing at you in disbelief.

As a member of the "majority" you are taking the liberty of speaking for, I will say that I don't want your representation.  I'm not upset about the release date because I'm equally busy regardless of when it occurs.  I will only ever play when I have time to do so.

• OnoriaOnoria Member UncommonPosts: 25

Actually Buddy, I am a completely EMPLOYED college drop out and I'm looking forward to this release date because unlike yesterday, there was NO release date.  Any release date is a great release date at this point. 

Enjoy college. While I enjoy playing my Asura :)

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

OK, the first thread that said pretty much the same thing was kinda dumb.

This one? Officially stupid. Dear god, this company should TOTALLY cater to you so that you can spend all your hours playing video games instead of studying.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

I think it's a smart move. Back to school and something exciting to talk about with your friend's you might not have seen for a while or new friends you might make. Seems like a good oppurtunity for some word of mouth. 

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by p_c_sousa

this is the most useless topic i ever seen on this site !!!!

↑ This

• Originally posted by Loke666

You have the entire summer free and complain because a game doesn't release then?

Man, you need a job.

where is the 'like' button

• MorvMorv Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by vmoped

This launch date is horrible. It is right when the bulk of the gaming community is going to college, highschool, graduate school etc... I do not understand games that do not set up their release dates with well know college breaks and vacations. I am just disappointed because I wanted to grind this game out before I went to college, not during my first couple of days at the school were I might not even be set up to play yet. ARGH!!! This whole summer, there has not been one good game....

It is a great date for those of us who already completed or will complete the college grind by then. Cheers!

That would be me, July 15th, yay!

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Why whine to the company? I would be more mad at your college... They are taking away your game time!
This discussion has been closed.