Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My opinion About TSW

13»

Comments

• CorantheCoranthe Member UncommonPosts: 10

I'm actually pretty positive they will focus on them too.  It appears they have a lot vested in this game.  Almost moreso than AoC from the feel of it.  I've played both of them now and there's a responsiveness from the Dev team in regards to bug fixes and such that I haven't seen in an mmo in quite some time.  

There's still some minor issues but so far I haven't seen anything that majorly effected gameplay but you know the patch "domino" effect is what concerns me more.  No mmo's these days seem to release something that's polished off the bat.  I'm sorta concerned if when they attempt to fix the minor things post launch it'll break something big or something.  Also the PvP... I'm not sure how i feel about it... it's kinda cool but at the same time you get wiped out pretty quick and during the pvp beta I saw something i REALLY didn't like.  People advertising for premade groups with QL requirements.  This has the MAJOR potential to suck for the casuals that like to hop on for like 40 mins of PVP.

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by Coranthe
      Also the PvP... I'm not sure how i feel about it... it's kinda cool but at the same time you get wiped out pretty quick and during the pvp beta I saw something i REALLY didn't like.  People advertising for premade groups with QL requirements.  This has the MAJOR potential to suck for the casuals that like to hop on for like 40 mins of PVP.

I've seen the pvp premade advertisements and also the wow-like instance advertisements (like LF QL5 tank etc.) These people won't last long, they were only beta testing. From those who will actually play it, most of them will play for only 1 month, finish the story and leave (thank God).  With GW2 being around the corner, TSW really has potential to create a better than average community.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

Just wanted to say you need to try things out for yourself and decide what you like and don't like and what works for you.  Keep in mind this site has a very bad reputation for flaming games unfairly and opinions based on the egos of their posters.  Yes I post on here so I guess I would be part of the group too.  :)  That being said, if I listened to the majority on here:

I wouldn't have tried TSW during the last two weekends and experienced it for myself.  I found I liked the game and many of the opinions on here were completely different than mine. I also liked that I saw improvements from one weekend to the next helping make the game better.   I liked this game a lot.  I planned to pass on TSW based upon all the things I was hearing.  Sure glad I checked it out for myself. 

This isn't the only game I've found differences on either.  Prior to that I decided to get  Mass Effect 3.   I had I played it and really liked it although I did find the ending a bit lacking.  Again I am glad I checked it out on my own and didnt listen to the masses on here.

Now sometimes I find that I do agree with the majority on here on certain games.  How do you know when the masses are right or not for you?  The simple fact is you don't.  As I said in the beginning try things out for yourself and see what you like.  If you like a game and play it, great who cares what everyone else thinks, your probably to busy having fun to care.

• DreddeDredde Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by wireyankee

Good honest review. I agree with you. Their is no excuse for gameplay to be this poor in 2012. Games like WoW, and CoH's have been out for years with better graphics and gameplay.

What are you talking about? Better graphics? TSW got the best graphics of all the mmos out atm. Dont know what kind of computer your running it on, or if you looked at some crappy youtube video.

Anyways gameplay is everything to a gamer, thats why I love this game atleast.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

Maybe it's because of recent improvements, or because I was using a gamepad with my ability keys programmed to rumble, but the combat had a good enough "feel" for me. They are also still improving on it, so I think this will be a non-issue fairly soon.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Dredde
    Originally posted by wireyankee

Good honest review. I agree with you. Their is no excuse for gameplay to be this poor in 2012. Games like WoW, and CoH's have been out for years with better graphics and gameplay.

What are you talking about? Better graphics? TSW got the best graphics of all the mmos out atm. Dont know what kind of computer your running it on, or if you looked at some crappy youtube video.

Anyways gameplay is everything to a gamer, thats why I love this game atleast.

Amen to this. Originally, when I was playing the beta on my older ATI gaming laptop, I might have agreed that the graphics were somewhat lackluster, but after switching over to my desktop with a new Nvidia 560 ti 448, the difference was like night and day! Even on the high settings alone, it looked incredible.

I think anyone that complains about the graphics just hasn't seen them on a system that can do them justice.

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430
    Originally posted by Drachonis
    Originally posted by Coranthe

TSW?  The gameplay isn't horrible... I'm not sure what you mean by "feel"  you have a Force feedback mouse or something?  The fact of the matter is even with AoC I got tired of the constant beheadings, evisceration etc... to compare another game... Warhammer Space Marine 40k; ever play it?  It's an awesome game ... to a degree.  The slo mo back breaking critical hit chainsaw cinematronic scenes?  Lame.  There's no FLOW.  After a while... yawn. 

I have to agree with Coranthe on this.  What gaming setup do you have that WoW, CoH, or other mmos gave you this "feeling"?  WoW was the worst in this department, so I'm just confused.   Combat in TSW felt more viceral and real imho than a lot of other mmos I have played.  Sure TSW is not perfect in this department, but once I got into this game and all the little pieces fell into place, TSW was just plain fun for me.  I was enjoying myself the 2nd beta weekend, but was not really sold on the game.  When I got into the 3rd weekend, everything the game does well just clickd with me and I started to have the most fun I have had in a long while in an mmo.  Perhaps being a "hardcore gamer" OP means your just a bit burnt out on the genera, or you simply play too much and have unreasonable expectations.  I don't see how the gameplay in this game is bad at all, but to each their own.  I hope OP that u find a game u can enjoy, but I just can't understand your problems with TSW.

Hardcore gamer means people that play the game for a team or play in tournaments like ESL etc etc.

And the gameplay feels like your fighting with less gravity and you actually don´t get the feeling when you hit the mob.

But like i said this is my opinion and i dislike a lot that.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by xenpt

Just to warn you guys this is my opinion as an hardcore gamer that likes to try all games.

The main idea of the game is quite good and the evolving  environment sound music is pretty awesome.

Doing quests gets interesting althought it also gets boring not all quests are interesting like the main ones.

The gameplay is really horrible for a game this big, coming out in 2012 with this horrible gameplay i have no idea what is wrong with Funcom.

PvP is fun but since the gameplay is horrible it will annoy you also if theres lots of people it will give you breaks of lag.

For me this game from 0 to 100 in SCORE i will give  a 60 if gameplay was good it would go to the 85/90 but its just horrible.

Because gameplay is everything to a gamer.

I am sad that they made a game this awesome with so much issues and horrible gameplay. Hope they will learn it and make a decent one in the future.

Im a big fan of Anarchy Online and i like AoC.

kind of a non descriptive opinion.. what about the gameplay do you dislike?

Doesnt really matter to be honest.  TSW is a wonderful game but I consider it a very niche title and is not for everyone. 

I however love just about every thing about it yes even the combat because it is strategic.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by xenpt

Just to warn you guys this is my opinion as an hardcore gamer that likes to try all games.

The main idea of the game is quite good and the evolving  environment sound music is pretty awesome.

Doing quests gets interesting althought it also gets boring not all quests are interesting like the main ones.

The gameplay is really horrible for a game this big, coming out in 2012 with this horrible gameplay i have no idea what is wrong with Funcom.

PvP is fun but since the gameplay is horrible it will annoy you also if theres lots of people it will give you breaks of lag.

For me this game from 0 to 100 in SCORE i will give  a 60 if gameplay was good it would go to the 85/90 but its just horrible.

Because gameplay is everything to a gamer.

I am sad that they made a game this awesome with so much issues and horrible gameplay. Hope they will learn it and make a decent one in the future.

Im a big fan of Anarchy Online and i like AoC.

kind of a non descriptive opinion.. what about the gameplay do you dislike?

Doesnt really matter to be honest.  TSW is a wonderful game but I consider it a very niche title and is not for everyone. 

I however love just about every thing about it yes even the combat because it is strategic.

But you prefer Gw2 for some reason , i also think the name of the game sound, environment story, quests its really awesome but the gameplay its just weird.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

So this is a TSW forum right? Yet it's turned into, "GW2 is worse TSW is better!". You want to know what I find funny?

It's TSW fanboi's that brought GW2 into this. bcbully and Thorbrand i'm looking at you two....

It was a semi-honest discussion, but then you just had to bring in the compare games posts....

Seriously, if you think TSW is the coolest thing since sliced bread that's freaking awesome for you two, but it doesn't mean you have to try and turn any forum on GW2 or TSW into a compare games thread. 

c'mon guys, GW2 isn't your cup of tea, so don't expect TSW to be everyone else's.

I just find it funny how in other threads TSW fans say GW2 people ruin every TSW thread, and in GW2 the fanbois claim that TSW people ruin the GW2 threads, i think this points the opposite... The hardcore fanbois have to bring in other games to try and make "their" game better.

Shouldn't have even posted this though... I'm sure it'll either get flamed or ignored... Just what i've seen over the last few threads turned bad.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

Originally posted by Thorbrand

Keep reading on gameplay being bad. TSW is a more advanced version of GW2 which is quite dumbed down compared to TSW. Don't see how people are saying GW2 gameplay is so great when they are both the same just GW2 is very generic.

Best MMO in 10yrs. That's all there is to say.

Lol Gw2 is not dumbed down, its just different. Like TSW has the quests for investigation, GW2 has DEs its just different in everyway and yes the gameplay on GW2 you actually feel ur hitting the mobs not just thin air like TSW.

Mayb in not used to a new gameplay like you have no gravity or feel the movements of your character but like i said in the begining its my opinion and the gameplay is just plain horrible for me.

And i have tried the BW until now but i wont anymore.