Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How stupid.... don't consider students?

Comments

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by p_c_sousa
    Originally posted by CrunkJuice2

just means the community of guild wars 2 will be all the better without the immature kids out of school for the summer

this xD

+1

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

I'm a stundent and release date is perfect for me.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Originally posted by Castillle

The only disappointment I have with the launch is that its not launching on a friday/weekend. >.< I mean..Seriously tuesday?  Why couldnt it have been on a monday instead? Or wednesday!  Pffft tuesday what were they thinking

Tuesday is the official launch day for everything, unless you're wooshing me.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

The only disappointment I have with the launch is that its not launching on a friday/weekend. >.< I mean..Seriously tuesday?  Why couldnt it have been on a monday instead? Or wednesday!  Pffft tuesday what were they thinking

I can explain that.

The weekend before is a free trial on some servers for the general public and early access for anyone who pre-purchased the game.

The headstart is on saturday. :)

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

If you prepurchase you start at Saturday, problem?

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by Alders

It's gotta be friday, friday, fridaaaaaaaaaaaay! oooooooh!

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

No it is not, many games launches on thursdays as well. But it usually is one of those 2 days.

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334

Games always launch on Tuesdays (at least in Europe) because of the way sales figures get calculated.

BTW, the 'bulk' of gamers are NOT still in school.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

There is no rule books when it comes to launching a game. It would make better sense to release the game on August 27, Monday, so people who prepurchased it could have the friday followed by the weekend to play it but meh we got the rest of the decade to play it :p

• OrsonDiturnoOrsonDiturno Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by p_c_sousa

this is the most useless topic i ever seen on this site !!!!

Sadly, I have seen worse.

• SomsbalSomsbal Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by fuzzylogic11

The video game I want to play is releasing too close to me starting college.

First world problem

http://www.reddit.com/r/firstworldproblems/

Here you go:

• bwinthehousebwinthehouse Member Posts: 19

Wow, I forgot that my audience here was bitter unemployed college grads who can player this game any time of the year because they do not have a job. I speak for the majority and younger part of the community when I say that this release date is horrible. How did they chose this one in the board room? Did they not consider that a majority of their buyers would be extremely stressed out with starting school again? Such a bad business move, they should have considered the happiness of the majority. 

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Originally posted by korat102
    Originally posted by bwinthehouse

This launch date is horrible. It is right when the bulk of the American gaming community is going to college, highschool, graduate school etc... I do not understand games that do not set up their release dates with well know college breaks and vacations. I am just disappointed because I wanted to grind this game out before I went to college, not during my first couple of days at the school were I might not even be set up to play yet. ARGH!!! This whole summer, there has not been one good game....

I added the word you forgot...don't forget, this game is launching worldwide.

For the Americans out there, the next term at University for UK is:

Michaelmas 2012 Sunday, 7 October Saturday, 1 December

and for school children

Autumn Term: 1st week of September to 3rd week in December.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• KillerhamKillerham Member UncommonPosts: 17

I think OP has a point. There are tons and tons of college students all around the country, quite a bit of them are gamers. Whats wrong with maneuvering the release date to best receive the $$ from these potential customers? What probably really happened is they could not make a pre-summer release date.

[mod edit]

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

This launch date is horrible. It is right when the bulk of the gaming community is going to college, highschool, graduate school etc... I do not understand games that do not set up their release dates with well know college breaks and vacations. I am just disappointed because I wanted to grind this game out before I went to college, not during my first couple of days at the school were I might not even be set up to play yet. ARGH!!! This whole summer, there has not been one good game....

Why on earth would some company adjust their product release based on YOUR free time... What the hell are you smoking? XD

I'm an university student and I don't expect anything like that, infact I'll be more concentrated while studiying during the summer (yes, as a mechanical engineering student you don't have much free time during the summer break). Tho I'd be ok with any release date since I can't afford to be lazy 24/7 for 1 month at this time of my life :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

The anti-student stink up in here did rather catch me off guard, was running on an assumption that the geek/gamer community generally considers education a worthwhile endeavour.

• jessie360jessie360 Member Posts: 65

Wow, I forgot that my audience here was bitter unemployed college grads who can player this game any time of the year because they do not have a job. I speak for the majority and younger part of the community when I say that this release date is horrible. How did they chose this one in the board room? Did they not consider that a majority of their buyers would be extremely stressed out with starting school again? Such a bad business move, they should have considered the happiness of the majority. 

Hahaha!

[mod edit]

Since the "younger" crowd are dependent on real working adults to give them funds, they aren't really that important from a business aspect.  Also, you haven't even started college yet and you're making judgments on bad business moves?  [mod edit]

Let adults worry about who's going to be paying to play the games. [mod edit]

Originally posted by jessie360

Originally posted by bwinthehouse Wow, I forgot that my audience here was bitter unemployed college grads who can player this game any time of the year because they do not have a job. I speak for the majority and younger part of the community when I say that this release date is horrible. How did they chose this one in the board room? Did they not consider that a majority of their buyers would be extremely stressed out with starting school again? Such a bad business move, they should have considered the happiness of the majority. 
    Hahaha!

[mod edit]

Since the "younger" crowd are dependent on real working adults to give them funds, they aren't really that important from a business aspect.  Also, you haven't even started college yet and you're making judgments on bad business moves?  [mod edit]

Let adults worry about who's going to be paying to play the games.  [mod edit]

Like this.

• jessie360jessie360 Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Xexv

The anti-student stink up in here did rather catch me off guard, was running on an assumption that the geek/gamer community generally considers education a worthwhile endeavour.

I'm not anti-student, I think education is extremely important.  I'm anti-idiot and anti-entitled brat.  There is a huge difference.

Originally posted by Xexv The anti-student stink up in here did rather catch me off guard, was running on an assumption that the geek/gamer community generally considers education a worthwhile endeavour.
    I'm not anti-student, I think education is extremely important.  I'm anti-idiot and anti-entitled brat.  There is a huge difference.

Fair enough.

MOAR HOT POCKETS.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by Killerham

I think OP has a point. There are tons and tons of college students all around the country, quite a bit of them are gamers. Whats wrong with maneuvering the release date to best receive the $$ from these potential customers? What probably really happened is they could not make a pre-summer release date.

But all the trolls are just being D-bags and dont really care for a debate. Have not logged on for like a year ... only logged on to just  let everyone know this.... your all jerks.

Most college students I know are retarded and spend there loans on things that don't pertain to school, so I am sure there will be some that do that with GW2.

GW2 is a game of skill not having the option to play 24/7 the first month will not cause you to be underpowered and get slughtered in the game.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

One does not tend to say the smartest things when angry.....

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    Originally posted by korat102

This launch date is horrible. It is right when the bulk of the American gaming community is going to college, highschool, graduate school etc... I do not understand games that do not set up their release dates with well know college breaks and vacations. I am just disappointed because I wanted to grind this game out before I went to college, not during my first couple of days at the school were I might not even be set up to play yet. ARGH!!! This whole summer, there has not been one good game....

I added the word you forgot...don't forget, this game is launching worldwide.

Do they not have schools in third world countries?

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by Xexv

Originally posted by bwinthehouse Wow, I forgot that my audience here was bitter unemployed college grads who can player this game any time of the year because they do not have a job. I speak for the majority and younger part of the community when I say that this release date is horrible. How did they chose this one in the board room? Did they not consider that a majority of their buyers would be extremely stressed out with starting school again? Such a bad business move, they should have considered the happiness of the majority. 
    Hahaha!

[mod edit]

Let adults worry about who's going to be paying to play the games. [mod edit]

Like this.

LMFAO that made me laugh irl, that timing couldnt come any better.

Ya too many nerd ragers on these forums, to a point maybe i believe the OP when he said that there are unemployed losers lurking through the forums. I can say though that when i look at all the people who rant or complain about kids profiles tend to be in the late 30s-40s, odd

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by Killerham

But all the trolls are just being D-bags and dont really care for a debate. Have not logged on for like a year ... only logged on to just  let everyone know this.... your all jerks.

So it IS in ther best interst to release after their breaks so they have less time to play and less likely to get bored with the game or run out of content. For alot of European countires the release is after summerbreak and JUST in the next vacation. Not to mention the people interested will buy the game regardless.

Regardless the OP needs to get to terms the word does not revolve around him/her.

This discussion has been closed.