Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pairs well with chaos?

ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

Durring the last beta weekend I tried out chaos and hammer.  I really enjoyed chaos, and it seemed to work well with hammer for tanking.  But from everything I have read you need to have multiple builds late game, so you can fill many roles.  To that end I am planning on going hammer/chaos to start.  And build into a chaos/? build for DPS.  And branch out from there.  

So I'm trying to also figure out what a good dps deck would be.  Are there any weapons that pair particuarly well with chaos that lean toward DPS?  The only reason I want to go chaos/? for a DPS deck is to reduce the ammount of points needed to get two decks up and running.

Comments

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

I found chaos/blade to be quite good over the past 2 betas.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• ChingoChingo Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Chaos/pistols worked for me especially in solo PvE in the first 2 areas.
  • JuJutsuJuJutsu Member Posts: 331

Chaos/fist seemed to work well

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

I did chaos and hammer as well and it was a wicked debuff build.  The mob takes more damage and does less damage with the two weapons weaken effects.

Thinking about assault rifle & chaos but I didn't have a chance to try it.  They seem to share a lot of the same important qualities with one being ranged and the other being melee.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Don't forget also that using the same weapon you can emphasize DPS quite a bit by just switching talismans. If all you care about for now is tanking and DPS use your Hammer/Chaos combo you like and keep 2 sets of talismans. That will work for a while anyway.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

Chaos/fists is my personal favorite.  Drop mobs very fast with big bursts plus get some survivability without losing DPS.  Go with AOE focused for PVE and single target for PVP.  If going pure melee make sure you have a few charges and pull abilities.  Look at the Executioner(Templar) and Chaos Theorist(Dragon) decks to give you some ideas.  I've tried both decks and some variations thereof.  Let me tell you I was faceroling in PVE and PVP.  All other specs I tried after chaos/fists felt very weak by comparison.  Keep in mind there are a lot of tight spots(PVE) in TSW so kiting can be problematic. 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • KaazKaaz Member Posts: 18

Chaos + Assault Rifles, with passives to boost burst from fists chaos + AR for dpsness, which also leads nicely to AR healing if needed ^^

• EudaimonEudaimon Member UncommonPosts: 116

You could do worse than look at

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=25719

That gives you a lot of info on how weapons synergise, and on which effects.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

fists, assualt rifle & swords pair well

blood , hammers, shotguns and pistols pair pretty good too

elemental would require you to get bridging passives from a 3rd weapon.

with fists you can make a good PVP healer build and a aoe dps build

with swords you can make a good tank build, a CC build and AOE build etc..

with AR you can make awesome aoe dps, single target dps or a multifunction PVP build (either singel or aoe damage with leahes for self heal or evasion tanking and strong CC)

with blood you can make a good PVP tank build

hammers you can make a very good tank build

shotgun or pistol you can make a nasty debuff leading to increased damage build - multi target with shotgun, single with pistols.  pistol one can kinda work as a ground denial build for PVP also - really nasty for stonehenge, get in the middle and slap down all your GTAOE fields.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    Originally posted by Eudaimon

You could do worse than look at

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=25719

That gives you a lot of info on how weapons synergise, and on which effects.

Great chart for reference and everyone should use it but everyone should know that you can build a deck with nearly any weapon combo. Having greater synergy only means you have more options for more decks. Even two weapons that share zero synergies can still be combined with neurtal element passives ... you just won't have many options.

The best bet is start with weapons you want to begin with that share synergies simply to open greater possibilities for Deck builds. Later on when most of the skill have been trained you can create crazy combo's few may have tried. One issue I am noticing is that many players seem to think you can only combine weapons that share multiple syngeries. That is entirely not true as any one deck cannot secialize in multiple states, etc effectively anyway. You simply can build more decks than other combo's.

You stay sassy!

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Like some others in the thread, I enjoyed Chaos/fists, specifically Chaos Theorist deck from Dragon.  For soloing it was really nice because of the high dps and survivability because fists' self healing.  I didn't progress too far into the deck, but I will definitely use this for my alt.  Plus chaos seems solid for pvp too.  That pull move they have reminds me of the maurader pull from Warhammer! 

• DominionlordDominionlord Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

fists, assualt rifle & swords pair well

blood , hammers, shotguns and pistols pair pretty good too

elemental would require you to get bridging passives from a 3rd weapon.

with fists you can make a good PVP healer build and a aoe dps build

with swords you can make a good tank build, a CC build and AOE build etc..

with AR you can make awesome aoe dps, single target dps or a multifunction PVP build (either singel or aoe damage with leahes for self heal or evasion tanking and strong CC)

with blood you can make a good PVP tank build

hammers you can make a very good tank build

shotgun or pistol you can make a nasty debuff leading to increased damage build - multi target with shotgun, single with pistols.  pistol one can kinda work as a ground denial build for PVP also - really nasty for stonehenge, get in the middle and slap down all your GTAOE fields.

all good suggestions.

• BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366

+1 Fist

Yes you should be Fisting for justice!!!!  Hrmmm,  that didnt come out right.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Fists

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/