Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How stupid.... don't consider students?

bwinthehousebwinthehouse Member Posts: 19

This launch date is horrible. It is right when the bulk of the gaming community is going to college, highschool, graduate school etc... I do not understand games that do not set up their release dates with well know college breaks and vacations. I am just disappointed because I wanted to grind this game out before I went to college, not during my first couple of days at the school were I might not even be set up to play yet. ARGH!!! This whole summer, there has not been one good game....

Comments

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by bwinthehouse

This launch date is horrible. It is right when the bulk of the gaming community is going to college, highschool, graduate school etc... I do not understand games that do not set up their release dates with well know college breaks and vacations. I am just disappointed because I wanted to grind this game out before I went to college, not during my first couple of days at the school were I might not even be set up to play yet. ARGH!!! This whole summer, there has not been one good game....

It is a great date for those of us who already completed or will complete the college grind by then.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

this is the most useless topic i ever seen on this site !!!!

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

This launch date is horrible. It is right when the bulk of the American gaming community is going to college, highschool, graduate school etc... I do not understand games that do not set up their release dates with well know college breaks and vacations. I am just disappointed because I wanted to grind this game out before I went to college, not during my first couple of days at the school were I might not even be set up to play yet. ARGH!!! This whole summer, there has not been one good game....

I added the word you forgot...don't forget, this game is launching worldwide.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Oh no spoiled children who don't work during the summer can't grind out to max level before school starts.

Cry me a fricken river.

• SevrdTiesSevrdTies Member UncommonPosts: 5

also remember...this will somewhat cut down on the number of people trying to access the servers all at once. in turn, this could cut back on potential server crashes...

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

You have the entire summer free and complain because a game doesn't release then?

Man, you need a job.

• FausteluneFaustelune Member Posts: 9
    The force of entitlement is strong with this one.
  • TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

The game will exist for quite a long time and there is no need to grind to max level? Don't see a valid complaint here.

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

complain over and over again for a release date... when you get one.. you still bitch

Pathedic.

Sorry Anet cant come up with the magical formula to please Students, Teachers, Truck Drivers, Lesbains, transgendered, Mutated, handicapped and the elderly..

How Dare they dissapoint ANYONE!

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Its not like all those levels you get will matter, I will still dominate you in structured pvp. Mwahahahahahah skill>grind games gotta love it. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Maybe because the world doesn't revolve around students.

http://www.theesa.com/facts/index.asp

Quick note from the industry facts list:

The average game player is 30 years old and has been playing games for 12 years.

Yeah, they are releasing it at a fine time for the average gamer.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

This kind of makes up for the stress tests being done during work hours.

PS:  Get used to it kid.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

This launch date is horrible. It is right when the bulk of the gaming community is going to college, highschool, graduate school etc...

Good, this complaint is only proving why it is a good launch date  ~ So we adults can enjoy the game during the day, and late nights while all the whiney children are sleeping or at school.  When you get older and don't have to worry about school anymore, you'll appreciate dates like this too!

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157

This launch date is horrible. It is right when the bulk of the gaming community is going to college, highschool, graduate school etc... I do not understand games that do not set up their release dates with well know college breaks and vacations. I am just disappointed because I wanted to grind this game out before I went to college, not during my first couple of days at the school were I might not even be set up to play yet. ARGH!!! This whole summer, There has not been one good game....

The average games is 34 years old....

Also: I'm a student and I still have holidays then (Europe FTW!)

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

Students dont have money so they arent important, and the game will be around for years to come.

• ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Member Posts: 283

Chill out, the game will still be there when you are set up to play.

Lots of people, including myself, still managed to play games during college. Sure you have to make some sacrifices, but hey such is life.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

Since when did college stop you from playing games?  Any dedicated gamer skips classes for a game launch and does minimal work for as long as they can get away with it so they can enjoy the first few weeks of a game.

• CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568

just means the community of guild wars 2 will be all the better without the immature kids out of school for the summer

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

Look at it this way, gives you a bit of time to settle into a GW2 routine that you can work around your studies before they start properly...I was more concerned about getting a later release date around Christmas, when the work really starts to ramp up.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Dear God, please don't skip your first weeks of college for a video game. You'll never be able to live with yourself later. Here's the thing that sucks about becoming an adult. You have to start making the right choice instead of the fun choice.

I can gaurentee you, by the end of college, you will have completely forgotten about missing the launch of GW2.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

I am just disappointed because I wanted to grind this game out before I went to college

There's your problem.

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620
    Originally posted by CrunkJuice2

just means the community of guild wars 2 will be all the better without the immature kids out of school for the summer

this xD

• fuzzylogic11fuzzylogic11 Member UncommonPosts: 56

The video game I want to play is releasing too close to me starting college.

First world problem

http://www.reddit.com/r/firstworldproblems/

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by jessie360
    Originally posted by ThaneUlfgar

Chill out, the game will still be there when you are set up to play.

Lots of people, including myself, still managed to play games during college. Sure you have to make some sacrifices, but hey such is life.

[mod edit]

Until they get out in the real world where almost 50% of them are unemployed or working in jobs outside of the field they studied for.

LoL college a great way to go in debt

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

The only disappointment I have with the launch is that its not launching on a friday/weekend. >.< I mean..Seriously tuesday?  Why couldnt it have been on a monday instead? Or wednesday!  Pffft tuesday what were they thinking

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

This discussion has been closed.