Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you still playing D3?

7star7star Member Posts: 405

Survey of our very own mmorpg.com community:

If you bought Diablo 3 at release or just after (sometime in May) are you still playing?

If you are still playing, what are you doing? Leveling alts, making money in the RMAH, still working on your main, playing hardcore, helping friends in co-op?

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Yes. It is still fun for me. I also only have one toon at max level/inferno.

There are at laest 4 more alts to level.

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181

Hell no, I'm done with this game for good and won't even bother checking it out when PVP comes out.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

I bought the game only few days ago,I like it and during yesterday's gw2 beta I choose to play D3.

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193

No, its a single player rpg, you beat the game, uninstall it and forget about it, like all the others

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531

I play a bit, but the times in betwen are increasing. It is not as exciting now, but I have def got my money's worth.

• NavyJackalNavyJackal Member Posts: 82

Stopped playing it a few weeks after I bought it.  Finished the game in normal mode, played through a few acts in nightmare, then just lost interest.  Never bothered with the AH, either the ingame gold AH or RMAH.  Didn't see a whole lot to keep my interest.   Definitely doesn't have the appeal or longevity of Diablo 2.  

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I quit playing.

I wasn't looking for a game that turns everyone into gold farmers. I wanted a game where I could find loot for myself, not find loot then AH or vender 99.9% of it.

The loot drops are a joke, the crafting is a joke, and the RMAH is a joke. Unfortunately, I'm not laughing.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I'm still playing it sometimes. I don't know what happened but I just have no urge to keep playing. I played through normal and nightmare, got about half way through hell mode but it just wasn't as fun anymore. I'll probably check back every once in a while.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

So is it hatred against Blizzard or there games? hmm..

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I haven't bought the game but everyone I work with who bought the game is still playing it and talking about it everyday.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I play every day. I'm a slow leveler so still have plenty of enjoyable gameplay left. Plus Hardcore characters. Never bought anything off the AH/RMAH but I have sold on both.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

I quit playing.

I wasn't looking for a game that turns everyone into gold farmers. I wanted a game where I could find loot for myself, not find loot then AH or vender 99.9% of it.

The loot drops are a joke, the crafting is a joke, and the RMAH is a joke. Unfortunately, I'm not laughing.

Gambling in D2 was perfectly acceptable, yet crafting in D3 is constantly bitched about, even though its almost exactly the same mechanic (a bit less random though).

People love to forget the fact that 99% of the drops in D2 were vendor trash, if they were even worth picking up in the first place. Same goes for Torchlight 1 & 2, Diablo 1, NOX, Titan Quest, and pretty much every other ARPG ever made. Yet only D3 gets flak for it, go figure right?

People bitch about having to farm for gear, but had absolutely no problems whatsoever doing 500000000 Baal / Andy / Nithalak runs in a row to *gasp* GET GEAR. Wow, imagine that, farming for gear was fine and fun in D2 for some reason, yet in D3 it's considered a bad thing.

The hypocrisy shown by most critics of D3 is simply astounding. Most are great examples of the, "But mommy, I want to win  NOW!!!", generation of gamers.

Oh, and I do still play and enjoy the game.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

I quit playing.

Gambling in D2 was perfectly acceptable, yet crafting in D3 is constantly bitched about, even though its almost exactly the same mechanic (a bit less random though).

People love to forget the fact that 99% of the drops in D2 were vendor trash, if they were even worth picking up in the first place. Same goes for Torchlight 1 & 2, Diablo 1, NOX, Titan Quest, and pretty much every other ARPG ever made. Yet only D3 gets flak for it, go figure right?

People bitch about having to farm for gear, but had absolutely no problems whatsoever doing 500000000 Baal / Andy / Nithalak runs in a row to *gasp* GET GEAR. Wow, imagine that, farming for gear was fine and fun in D2 for some reason, yet in D3 it's considered a bad thing.

The hypocrisy shown by most critics of D3 is simply astounding. Most are great examples of the, "But mommy, I want to win  NOW!!!", generation of gamers.

Yawn.

The tired old "gamers" who tell everyone grinding for hours and hours and hours for nothing is the fun are no better than those of use who want to play for a few hours and have something to show for it. I don't want to have to play for 10 hours straight in order to get one or if im lucky two items that are somewhat useful.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

My play time has declined drastically.  The Gold AH prices and crappy drops have pretty much killed my motivation to play very much.  I'm also unhappy that they've done nothing about public bots and 3rd party programs like autoit.

The core gameplay and classes are excellent.  I think they've just lost complete touch with what made D2 special.

I would consider soloing if the drops were better.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Nope, beat it on Normal, played 3/4 though Act 1 on Nightmare, got bored, havn't logged in for weeks now!  Considering it'll probably be another decade or more before we see another Diablo, I have time to play it more later...heh

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

I quit playing.

Yawn.

The tired old "gamers" who tell everyone grinding for hours and hours and hours for nothing is the fun are no better than those of use who want to play for a few hours and have something to show for it. I don't want to have to play for 10 hours straight in order to get one or if im lucky two items that are somewhat useful.

Isn't that still the basis of a large majority of online multiplayer RPGs at endgame? Some games still take weeks or even months before you get an upgrade, and people still find them enjoyable.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

The game destroyed what made D1 great, what was built even greater in D2. The item grind isn't the same, not at all. The classes would have been interesting if you weren't pigeon holed into viable specs. Ontop of all of this they launched RMAH and directly influenced the amount of item drops to suplement it.  

So... No I'm not playing anymore, doesn't really matter what they do to the game at this point ... they have lost my business and that of my names'.

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

I cannot really stand this pile of crap. I wanted to play some time 2 weeks ago and the servers were closed... wtf.. I uninstalled it. Shame on blizzard. Those were the last dollars i spent on them.

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

I haven't touched it in over 3 weeks, deleted it from my pc.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• escarretaescarreta Member Posts: 99

Playing Diablo 3? No no no i m not a blizzard slave sorry...

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Nah, the fun ended weeks ago.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Only when my friends want to group up and do some dungeon crawling, otherwise.... no.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Been playing since release and still going. Made over £120 as well without even really trying. I don't care for the RMAH myself and would never spend real money on game items.. but who am I to complain when it's working out pretty well for me? If people are buying, I'm selling. Plus, I enjoy the game.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Bobbie203Bobbie203 Member Posts: 136

I am still playing diablo 3 part time, its a mini part time job for me to farm inferno gears and sell them in real money auction house.

i made a total $322 usd this week so far. I have to thank blizzard alot for real money auction house.

My brother farms inferno gears as well, he made $400+ usd last week. I love diablo 3.

Thank you blizzard for the success of real money auction house, no complaints from me. I dont buy gears with money i just sell them.

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

Yep.