Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arenanet: Get Ready [For August 28th!]

Comments

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Just waiting to see if this delivers the 1-2 punch that we all been hearing about. I for one will be glad maybe then all the fighting over what game is best will stop.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by erictlewis
    Just waiting to see if this delivers the 1-2 punch that we all been hearing about. I for one will be glad maybe then all the fighting over what game is best will stop. 

The fighting will never stop. At least not on these forums.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Holy Fuuuu... That's a great news, i want so much to play this game when ever i want.

• xxlilDevilxxxxlilDevilxx Member UncommonPosts: 245

Very excited about the date.

But will they have enough time to fix all the bugs in the quests? In beta there are some minor bugs (no voice over, quest mob path problem...etc).

Also the 2 other races are still in progress, there will be more bugs in those area.

Hope we will see those 2 remaining races in the next BWE and hopfully they can fix the majority of the bugs before launch.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

This should be stickied.  But, either way, it's about damned time.   Finally, in 2 months exact we know we'r egoing to have the game in full and character progression will matter instead of not.

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

I just hope they have time to properly polish up this game. Not in a rush since i have TSW to keep me occupied ^^

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    Originally posted by channel84

I just hope they have time to properly polish up this game. Not in a rush since i have TSW to keep me occupied ^^

I think they have, because all the core systems & features are in place and the beta events helped ArenaNet implement some quality of life features that normally would be left till several months after release, like the whole Overflow debacle. They really have left themselves enough time to polish it up.

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED. THANK YOU MMO-GODS

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540
    Originally posted by channel84

How many games have had this much polish at release, that this one already has two months out?  How about three months after?  It was in better shape than most other games, even back in April.

• khamul787khamul787 Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Originally posted by Honner

I can't belive ebgames were right lol. anyway...

was that ZHAITAN?!?!??! at the second 33 ??????????????????????????????????????????? image

I don't think so; if you look closely just before that, you can see there are multiple dragons. I think these are just some of Zhaitan's minion dragon bros.

• RameiArashiRameiArashi Member UncommonPosts: 294

http://www.arena.net/blog/announcing-the-guild-wars-2-launch-date - official announcement blog, including last beta weekend date

• SomsbalSomsbal Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by khamul787

was that ZHAITAN?!?!??! at the second 33 ??????????????????????????????????????????? image

I don't think so; if you look closely just before that, you can see there are multiple dragons. I think these are just some of Zhaitan's minion dragon bros.

Actually, Zhaitan IS formed by multiple dragons, so it might indeed be him in the trailer.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zhaitan#cite_note-2

"Zhaitan's body will be comprised of other dragons."

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

In this thread Everyone thought the OP was trolling. http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/355221/page/1

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Jonoku
    In this thread Everyone thought the OP was trolling. http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/355221/page/1

We thought he was trolling because he based it on the idea that his uncle works for ArenaNet. A lot of people predicted a launch in August, and there was a reasonable amount of people who thought that we would get the release date on 6-28. All of these people were correct.

• SuddleDSuddleD Member Posts: 12

I can't wait to donimate the battlefields with my guild and alliance. I feel sorry for the servers that will face us! :0D

Titan Alliance.

• khamul787khamul787 Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Originally posted by Somsbal

Actually, Zhaitan IS formed by multiple dragons, so it might indeed be him in the trailer.

I just meant that there are *actually* multiple dragons flying around, though I wouldn't be surprised if the multi-headed one that flies by is Zhaitan himself after looking at him a bit more.

• SomsbalSomsbal Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by Somsbal

I just meant that there are *actually* multiple dragons flying around, though I wouldn't be surprised if the multi-headed one that flies by is Zhaitan himself after looking at him a bit more.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm pretty sure it was Zhaitan though (or some part of him) because they only showed a glimpse of him. If it was just a regular dragon, they would have probably shown the whole dragon like they did with the Shatterer and that zombie dragon.

• rockintylerrockintyler Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by Meowhead

Should probably change that to a hyperlink like so - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-CB0hheQRg - just so people on mobile devices or whatever can click on it. :)

Done! Never thought about that in the extreme amounts of excitement I had this morning when I saw the Facebook post.

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

Why should we get ready for August 28th when we can play it on August 25th? But damn, my B-day is just 3 days away from the 25th. If this game released a few days before that date then I would be probably get some GW2 game cards as gifts. image

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Yes the messiah is coming and we'll all be able to get a cure for cancer. 

Seriousely though, this is good news.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Wasn't this the date posted by someone last week, supposedly that was leaked to him by Gamestop employees? That everyone flamed and tore a new asshole unnecessarily?

Dem trolls, feelin' bit salty right now.

He didnt say the date, just that they were aiming for an august release. 

Everyone flamed him, me included, but in a lighthearted way - its quite a fun thread actually

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012
    Originally posted by stragen001

Wasn't this the date posted by someone last week, supposedly that was leaked to him by Gamestop employees? That everyone flamed and tore a new asshole unnecessarily?

He didnt say the date, just that they were aiming for an august release. 

Everyone flamed him, me included, but in a lighthearted way - its quite a fun thread actually

Aye, besides his guess was rather general and honestly it could easily of just been a troll-topic turned right. If a game is guaranteed to come out in 2012 and its already halfway through the year, guessing a month and being right isn't exactly hard to do. Specially since you can cut out at least a month or two because a developer never announces the release date within a month of the actual date.

We're talking at least a 20-25% chance to be right. And he covered his arse by saying "August or December!"

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350

As a matter of fact, yes..yes that was the date.   Seriously tho...Gamestop got it right?  Didn't know that was even possible..

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by Gurpslord

As a matter of fact, yes..yes that was the date.   Seriously tho...Gamestop got it right?  Didn't know that was even possible..

Well sure if you make several dozen guesses, one is bound to get it eventually.  There are only so many days each month that games normally get released on, so it was a given.