Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release Date Disappointment

Comments

• MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by SuperXero89

To the person that believes it's so easy to balance academic success and work/social life, I somehow doubt you can comment.  Unless you're taking 6 classes a semester with a perfect GPA, you can't say all those activities didn't negatively affect your grade.

It is pretty apparent you never attended college. 6 classes? That doesn't mean anything, it is all about the credit hours.

1) If you are taking 6 x 4 credit hour class, what the hell are you thinking? You are almost at double the load of many college students.

2) A perfect GPA doesn't really mean jack. If you are going to graduate school, maybe, but in the working world it is all who you know and how you interview. They are not going to turn you down if you don't have a perfect GPA. Not to mention, you won't use 95% of what you learned in the work place anyways, lol.

3) You have to have some kind fo work/life balance or you will just go insane. Believe it or not, doing things that is not 100% focused on studying and working is actually a good thing. You have to keep your stress down and enjoy yourself from time to time or you are just going to go crazy and burn out.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by MattVid
    Originally posted by xalvi

Anyways on a brighter topic, idk how people can say college is the easiest time of your life id like to know what you majored in but in my major, health care/biochem, it def is not easy and time consuming so lets leave it at that. If you are complaining about your family being burden on you, idk what to tell you that shouldnt be a way to describe your family, but thats just me  lol :p

You are the kid on here whining about how you can't handle balancing a video game with classes. And getting dissappointed because they are not releasing a game on your schedule. Again, I studied Computer Engineering, easily on par with your degree. It was hard, at times, but past the first couple years, you get it down and you kind of roll with it. As I said, there was a time where I had to stop playing video games almost entirely, and focus on school only. This was my hardest year, but I made it.

I am not sure if you are even addressing me, I never said anything about family being a burden? Remember, you are the one whining like a child, not anyone else ...

1. its not only my schedule if you would read and stop flaming for no reason, i said in my original post - "i guess im probably only talking to college folks here", try trolling somewhere else

2. Whining? all i said is they released it literally 2 days after the fall semester wtf is so hard to understand?

3. You contradict yourself when you said before college is the easiest time of your life, when in this post you said it was hard for you.

4. stop being paranoid and thinking im talking about you with the family comment, talking about "kids" that whine.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

1) If you are taking 6 x 4 credit hour class, what the hell are you thinking? You are almost at double the load of many college students.

Uhm, maybe you need to take a loan while you are there and need to keep it as fast as you can?

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339

This couldnt have worked out any better for ME. Will get back from visiting the in-laws in the middle of the freakin' desert on the 24th of Aug. You better believe I will need something to regain my sanity.. I think the head start on the 25th will do nicely.

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181

August 28 is still too soon, the game is not ready and not a lot will change in 2 months.

• NanulakNanulak Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Perfect timing!  College is for learning.  And one of the most important things you will learn when there is that you can make to with a lot less sleep.  Heck, you will get all the sleep you will ever need after you die ;)

Nanulak

• Ah, yes. Another post from the "entitled generation".

99% of us have been chomping at the bit for a release date and when they finally give us one, you complain? I've been beaming all morning since I read the email from ANet. Now I can finally relax and look forward to playing on August 25th.

Ach, kids these days.

Originally posted by zenryoku

Ah, yes. Another post from the "entitled generation".

99% of us have been chomping at the bit for a release date and when they finally give us one, you complain? I've been beaming all morning since I read the email from ANet. Now I can finally relax and look forward to playing on August 25th.

Ach, kids these days.

IDK what you "old" (i guess ill call you that if you like it?) people are talking about "kids" these days, did you get bullied by these kids ffs? These "kids" will be taking treating you during your late years, and are the next generation grow a pair and stfu kthnx. The true kids are the one saying "Kids these days". 

EDIT* - oh sorry i just found out your canadian, who takes them seriously anyways Canadians these days.

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174

This thread is a bad thread and you should feel bad.

Originally posted by RoyalPhunk

This thread is a bad thread and you should feel bad.

Your well thought argument and logical reasoning has convinced me to agree with you.

• NanulakNanulak Member UncommonPosts: 372

I forgot.  Its time to start putting in those vacation requests now before others do.

Nanulak

• Randallt3mpRandallt3mp Member UncommonPosts: 168

I feel for ya man. Transfering to UC in Psych this Fall.  But thank god for the quarter system I dont start till late September.  That means I got a good 3 weeks of almost completely free time to soak in as much GW2 before I have to hit the books.

MMOs Played: FFXI,Age of Conan, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, GW2

Playing:None

Waiting For: Wildstar, The Repopulation, Archeage, TESO, Warhammer 40K:EC, EQN

• DesolousDesolous Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Originally posted by Dahkot72

Dear god  , I wish college and socializing time was the scheduling conflict worry in my life sometimes.

Just wait till you have spouse/kids/client deadlines/etc etc to have to go first before any gaming time.

I will make you weep for you "busy" college days.

lol Amen brother!! I wish my schedule conflict only was School. I was lucky enough to marry a woman that plays games as well so I'm lucky on the no wife aggro front. 

Aug is going to be a great month.

See you all in game!!

• rockintylerrockintyler Member Posts: 14

I for one am a college student and not complaining at all on the release date. Between two jobs and homework I know I will have time to play Guild Wars 2 while also having a social life.

It's not all about a small sector of their audience and pleasing only a few. It's about pleasing the vast majority which is what they have done and glad they did. No one has to wait past summer and into the holiday season. We get to experience it before that, before everyone is tied up with holiday gatherings.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by LachyFTW

August 28 is still too soon, the game is not ready and not a lot will change in 2 months.

We are playing on a client they want us to. Nothing says things aren't already fixed.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Ach, kids these days.

IDK what you "old" (i guess ill call you that if you like it?) people are talking about "kids" these days, did you get bullied by these kids ffs? These "kids" will be taking treating you during your late years, and are the next generation grow a pair and stfu kthnx. The true kids are the one saying "Kids these days". 

EDIT* - oh sorry i just found out your canadian, who takes them seriously anyways Canadians these days.

Kinda getting personal aren't you. :-/

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• arteskillaarteskilla Member UncommonPosts: 28

To be honest the shorter are your gaming sessions the better for enjoyment of the game and your personal life. All those people who play 35 hours in first 2 days of any game release simply get burned out in like a week and then complain that the game is bad...

• Originally posted by xalvi

Ach, kids these days.

So...your response is to attempt to insult my country and demonstrate your inability to form a proper sentence? You seemed to have missed my point, so I'll use small words to help you out.

The game is going to be able to be played soon so that is really cool and stuff. You and all of the other people should be happy about that because we don't have to wait a long time.

Phew...that was a challenge.

• dellirious13dellirious13 Member Posts: 205

I actually liked when games released after college started again when i was still going. I didn't get to play Guild Wars 1 as much at first, because i was working fulltime during the summer, doing family events, visiting friends,etc....while during school family was 100s of miles away, i didnt have work, and all my friends were around all the time so i didnt need to drive to them....i got to play 2-3 times more, even with college events, homework, and hanging out with friends. :)

Edit: I never got below a B in college either, so it wasnt like i was not paying attention to school while playing more :P

Well my response was to show you how childish grown up" could be when some say "Ach, kids these days", so ya my response was going to be personal....what did you expect me to do? give you flowers for insulting college students who study hard?

You alone insulted yourself when you put comments like these, not i. Oh and yet again you continue to insult, so i have nothing to say to a "grown up" such as yourself.

Are you still trying to defend yourself for wanting the world to revolve around you? This is why people are blasting you down. And your amazing gramatical, sentence structure and spelling skills are not helping your case either.

Your thread is about "entitlement", which is immature. What did you expect to happen? It is like a parent telling their child that they can buy the toy when they get their allowance money in a week (release date of August 28th). Instead, they throw a tantrum on the ground crying for it now (your thread).

From what i recall it is only Zenryoku and yourself that are trying to act big and flaming because you're mad. Why are you still posting anyways? Did i not reply to your post before?

EDIT* - looking at your previous posts on these forums, it looks like you don't get along with anyone and tend to rage. Argue and flame somewhere else please you're good at that.

• RassmanRassman Member Posts: 36

Ach, kids these days.

So...your response is to attempt to insult my country and demonstrate your inability to form a proper sentence? You seemed to have missed my point, so I'll use small words to help you out.

The game is going to be able to be played soon so that is really cool and stuff. You and all of the other people should be happy about that because we don't have to wait a long time.

Phew...that was a challenge.

Well my response was to show you how childish older folks could be when some say "Ach, kids these days", so ya my response was going to be personal....what did you expect me to do? give you flowers for insulting college students who study hard?

You alone insulted yourself when you put comments like these, not i. Oh and yet again you continue to insult, so i have nothing to say to a "grown up" such as yourself.

Firstly the gamers these days(Myself included) are too needy! It always more more more and now now now. You can't deny the facts man! I'm starting jumping around yelling yes in my house when I got my email! GW2 has been ready since I first played the beta! Its only a waiting game now...

• ThrashbargThrashbarg Member Posts: 125

Didn't you all know the center of the universe is a black hole? Talking to anyone who believes themself to be the center of the universe is about as effective as yelling into a black hole, but hey, that's the internets for ya.......

Anyway......

Woohoo! Release date announced! And it's the week of my birthday, thanks for the awesome present Anet! (hmmm, maybe they did it just for me, since I'm so awesome.... ;p)

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426

Ach, kids these days.

Baby boomers are the entitlement generation...you got so spoiled you dont even remember that your parents created those entitlements so you would have a better life than they did.

And all old people do is blame "kids these days"...they have been doing it Hesiod back in the 8TH CENTURY BC "I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckelss beyond words...When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise(disrespectful) and IMPATIENT of restraint".

Hows that for youth...telling you how you got old.

P.S. Your best days are behind you so start talking about how bad it was when you were young.

Originally posted by rdrakken

Ach, kids these days.

Baby boomers are the entitlement generation...you got so spoiled you dont even remember that your parents created those entitlements so you would have a better life than they did.

And all old people do is blame "kids these days"...they have been doing it Hesiod back in the 8TH CENTURY BC "I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckelss beyond words...When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise(disrespectful) and IMPATIENT of restraint".

Hows that for youth...telling you how you got old.

P.S. Your best days are behind you so start talking about how bad it was when you were young.

I understand and agree with your post, but to be fair a lot of them (in real life) are actually pleasent to be with i know because i was volunteering for my major. This is just the internet so im not really stressing, Mattvid just doesnt get along with anyone and just likes to rage, seems like he is mad at the world.

• HardangerHardanger Member Posts: 226

My one reaction:  GAH!

I waited all year for this game, thinking I'd be able to play it for a decent chunk of the summer.  Now, they have to taunt me by releasing it less than a week before school starts up again.  Screw you, ANet.  But also, good job not being a pushover.