Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I dump him?

LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
Context: My boyfriend of 6 years has gotten himself the Grand Master Collection and got me the standard edition.  Some things to note: He works, makes a great living as a Psychologist in our small town.  He does not want me to work so I take care of the home front...amongst other things....

His argument for not getting the GMC for me is because other than (in chronological order) EverQuest, Anarchy Online, and World of Warcraft my staying power with games is shoddy at best.  Those 3 games I stayed in solidly for at least 4 years per game.  I am no longer playing any of them and unsubscribed from most of them. I think he is just referring to the fact he got me the Digital Deluxe edition of Star Trek Online and he rarely talks me into playing that game with him.  Also, the fact after helping to lead a successful guild in WoW with him for 3 years I became burnt out with the game.

The thing is...is that he talked me into STO and on one drunken night I finally said "Hell yeah I want to be a Joined Trill."...But shortly after launch Cryptic burned me...well...burned us all with their C-Store products.  He doesn't let the negative impacts of PWE affect his playtime in STO but I can't help it...those master keys really get under my skin as a subscriber.  So I really hate logging into that game but I do, for him...without much complaint other than the uncommon grumbles when another lockbox drops.

And that WoW thing...As a leader of my guild I had some of the most strenuous administrative responsibilities.  I think some of his OCD rubbed off on me, but it takes forever to get things perfect as far as lining up online accounts with users, keeping accurate records all of the time, recruiting and interviewing, assessing complaints....and so on...I got burnt out and yeah I left them in the dust and yeah I feel bad about it....however....

I still really want that Grand Master Collection.  My girl would have so much swag in that snakeskin coat.

So...should I dump him?

Note: This is a (mostly) joke thread but I figure I'll rage/whine here since I am tired of dropping hints that I would have really REALLY like the MC too. Oh...and the right answer is: Yes.

Comments

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Yes dump him and get the MC yourself. And then, everytime you see his toon in a battleground/warzone you kill him over and over again.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Lucrecia
    Note: This is a (mostly) joke thread but I figure I'll rage/whine here since I am tired of dropping hints that I would have really REALLY like the MC too.

If he REALLY loves you he'll upgrade you. I would... if for no better reason than peacekeeping in the home front image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

LMAO

What I want to ask in a reply would get me banned.

:)

• LecianLecian Member Posts: 19

[mod edit]

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

I think he's trying to help your bleeding finger heal after the mess you made prior to the last GW2 weekend beta.  If he doesn't get you the MC after it clears up and the gangrene subsides, then dump his ass.

• BerikaiBerikai Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by Yalexy

Yes dump him and get the MC yourself. And then, everytime you see his toon in a battleground/warzone you kill him over and over again.

LMAO,we have a winner :)

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

No need to dump the guy, just withdraw certain bedroom privileges until he capitulates. I'd estimate it taking less than a week.

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292

Heh, no, you shouldn't. What you should do is put him on...umm...let's call it "punishment" until he gets the MC for you. I think you can figure out what "punishment" entails without me spelling it out *smiles*. Good luck!

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

i bought my wife the delux edition  and  only got myself the  standard edition in GW2

on a side note i did forget to tell her  about my HOM  items  i think ill keep quiet about them(or ill have to spend months unlocking them for her)

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

Another option.....upgrade or buy your own game. No need for all the drama.

• ChingoChingo Member UncommonPosts: 128

And he's a phychologist? Oh wow:D

Just tell him to switch with you _or else_:) I wish my wife played MMORPGs so that I could buy her collector's editions as a sign of my undying love for her:)

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

It would appear that he has sound reasoning for not buying you the MC edition. You say that "He" doesn't want you to work so you can take care of the home front. From the sound if it, he rules your life. So.. in conclusion, if you let him tell you not to work and you listen, then just follow protocol and listen when he says you don't need the MC edition as you're fickle with your gaming. 

You asked.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Are you poor?  Buy it yourself and stop expecting your boyfriend to pay for everything.  It's a video game not a dinner date.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
     He does not want me to work so I take care of the home front...amongst other things....

Use the force.

Tomorrow morning,get out of the bed before him and  lie that you are going to work.

Platinum MC awaits.

Let's internet

Originally posted by Chingo

And he's a phychologist? Oh wow:D

Just tell him to switch with you _or else_:) I wish my wife played MMORPGs so that I could buy her collector's editions as a sign of my undying love for her:)

^

This, i can't get my wife to play crap.

Originally posted by SuperXero89

Are you poor?  Buy it yourself and stop expecting your boyfriend to pay for everything.  It's a video game not a dinner date.

Dinner dates are less than most MMO games.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

If he really loved you, he wouldn't have bought the game for either of you...

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

Yalexy : A lovely thought....hell...even if I stay with him I could do this.  I'll know when he is playing, where he is playing but I won't tell him about my Dragon (We'll be playing Lumie come Friday)....

Iselin : Our homefront is rather peaceful no matter what conflicts might arise...this might change things though.  Considering making a trip to the toy store for some nerf gun weaponry and going full terrorist on his butt when he gets home from work.

MMOGamer71 :  Oh my XD...well there's PMs.

Lecian : 7 posts in...you sure have a lot of reason to be devoted to the integrity of the content of these forums.

BartDaCat :  Aww...that's long since healed now for the most part.  I was able to totally rip through the last two GW2 beta events.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

dump him, buy the mc and then leave him a note that says "Analyze THIS!" and let him do his psychology thing. He'll love it and thank you for the challenge, I'm sure ;)

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

You might not care to answer,  but do you have children?

If so ... you do work.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    I still really want that Master Collection.  My girl would have so much swag in that snakeskin coat.

Hate to be Buzz Killington over here but...

The Master Collection does not include the Snakeskin Jacket... thats the GM collection with the lifetime sub...

No Swag for you!

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Wighty
    I still really want that Master Collection.  My girl would have so much swag in that snakeskin coat.

The Master Collection does not include the Snakeskin Jacket... thats the GM collection with the lifetime sub...

No Swag for you!

LOL, Buzz Killington

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Well, he's made the decision to be the cash cow in the relationship. That doesn't mean he gets to make your decisions for you, however well thought out his reasons may be. That said, I wouldn't actually break up with him if everything else in the relationship is OK. However, it seems like you could get a really decent set of headphones or something similar out of the deal though. You could maybe even successfully argue for a computer/laptop upgrade. While you may not play TSW for very long, you will definitely play something, putting the new computer to good use.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

The joy of being rich is to give your love one the best thing in life. 

Guess he doesn't love you that much lol.

Dump him.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    Originally posted by Wighty

No Swag for you!

Gah...that's what I meant! The Grand Master Collection with the lifetime sub.  He got that for himself and I got the standard.

@some others who are takign things too seriously by offering actual "advice" or just being rude:  This is a joke thread.  Is joke! You know,... joke! :p...(mostly)...