Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is your Blacklisted company?

Comments

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

My list:

EA- Screw their DRM. And as a sports fan, this shows just how committed I am.

Lucas Arts- SWG

SOE- SWG

Blizzard- All their games since Diablo 2 have honestly sucked.

I will not buy games from these companies ever.

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Only EA
  • SizzzSizzz Member Posts: 61

Games for windows Live

Ubisoft

Bioware

Lucas Arts

Activision

Its not just that they do not make good games, Its because every $ they get is used to activley destroy any oppertunities for games that will advance the genre. So if you give them a $, the chance for that next great game is reduced.

To identify the type of companies who are detrimental look at the PC games list on metacritic, if the user reviews are lower than industry reviews, these are games and companies who are intentionally using your investment in a game, diverting that capital from game industry development, and using it for expanding the marketing industry and DRM. If the opposite is true and the user review is higher than the industry review, then typically it will be a game where development is the company's primary concern. The disparity between user reviews and industry marketing reviews, can indicate a correlation between the title's budget distribution between marketing and development.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Sizzz
    To identify the type of companies who are detrimental look at the PC games list on metacritic, if the user reviews are lower than industry reviews, these are games and companies who are intentionally using your investment in a game, diverting that capital from game industry development, and using it for expanding the marketing industry and DRM.

Not coincidentally, user reviews for the bigger phone companies, airlines, and other products show pretty much identical patterns.

I wonder if market share correlates positively with buyers perception of "greed'.  Huh.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

EA is working really hard at turning into one for me.

If you pile up dirt on a previously really good name like BIOWARE, well, that can happen to you.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Adamantine

EA is working really hard at turning into one for me.

If you pile up dirt on a previously really good name like BIOWARE, well, that can happen to you.

It's cyclic; SoE was Bottom Dog for a long, long time following a certain patch.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574

Starvault and Turbine

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

MindArk

NPCube

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I don't blacklist companies. I blacklist games.

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

Who is the mmorpg company you refuse to buy another one from?

For me my list is SOE , Cryptic , EA and Funcom.

For me it isnt a total blacklist as in NEVER buy, but NEVER buy at release.

Funcom, they have proven they cannot release a game in decent condition or get one there in the first year, so they are on the "wait and see" list.

EA, they lied so much with SWTOR and have remained blind up to this point as to why so many have left the game that they are also on the "wait" list with any new game they make. Throw in their handling of Warhammer, buying out so many great companies like Bioware and seeing their top quality games turn into mediocre games (mass effect 3, dragon age 2). They are quickly nearing the point that I will refuse to buy any of their games because I dont want to fund the further expansion of such a piss poor corporation.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

I certainly lost faith in Bioware. They lost their magic touch when they gave up on Neverwinter NIghts and Baldur's Gate. The Old Republic just made things worse. Still liked ME2 and DA:O.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• DreddeDredde Member Posts: 28

I dont blacklist either. I just wanna play the best game, I give a s*** in who made it.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

I don't blacklist companies. I blacklist games.

this ^^^^

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

So far 43 people have listed EA.

lemme pile one more on..

I will NEVER forgive them for buying out and killing westwood...and Maxis....and Bullfrog...

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• ShariestShariest Member Posts: 44

EA,  Ehoever made Soul Calibur V rushed and i have had as blacklisted Ubisoft (Revelations...too short), the maker of CoD MW and Black Ops (until is heard that Black O II has an intresting story). No one else, i guess...

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

I don't blacklist any company because I am a gamer.

Why would I blacklist and limit my choices for entertainment?

Yes, I am the 90% mainstream that doesn't really care EA/Acti-Blizz/Take2 etc did something bad. :)

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774
    Originally posted by kostoslav
    Only EA

Blacklisting EA? Is that wise, they have their name against so many games, some of which they only distribute.

And because their name is against so many names there are good  games and bad names with their name on it.  Just saying. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

$OE was blacklisted for years but they have worked themselves off my list..

The latest addition and only blacklisted company on my list currently is Actiblizzard...

I will never buy another game or expansion from this outfit again regardless of how good it is..

EA wants to be on my blacklist and will without a doubt eventually end up on it..

Funcom is permenantly on my wait and see list as i dont trust their early releases and have been burned twice before, combined with EA it leaves a little bit of a toxic taste in my mouth..

Playing GW2..

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Originally posted by VultureSkull
    Originally posted by kostoslav
    Only EA

Blacklisting EA? Is that wise, they have their name against so many games, some of which they only distribute.

And because their name is against so many names there are good  games and bad names with their name on it.  Just saying. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face.

I'm not going to speak about EA directly but about the concept.

The reason you would blacklist/boycott a company is to change behavior or protest behavior that you find unacceptable.  Video game companies are no different than other companies.  If you want to get their attention you need to affect their bottom line.  Yes, sometimes that might mean you actually miss out on something you might like, but when enough people do this the company notices and at least have to give serious thought to changing the objectionable behavior.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Call me a forgiving soul, while I remain wary of titles from Funcom and some other firms that have disappointed me in the past, I'm still willing to look at each new release with a fresh eye because you never know where the fun just might be hiding.

Heck, I even broke down last night and downloaded STO ending my grudge against Cryptic (though it did help that PWI runs that title now).

So no companies on the blacklist for me at this time. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IndolIndol Member Posts: 189

Activision Blizzard is the only company i've blacklisted.

Beyond Blizzard being completely assimilated, they've just been riding the success of the original Blizzard titles for the past decade+.

When's the last time they made an original title? Back when they were a company that actually tried.

• DeepfallDeepfall Member UncommonPosts: 51

I wouldn't blacklist anyone but Frogster.

Whatever people think about me "self-punishing", I won't try another game they run after TERA.

I truly enjoy the game but Frogster ruined my experience in a way I had never seen in any subscription games. Even SOE with their NGE didn't get that close to become a fraud to my eyes. Which is saying a lot when you see the context in which they had launched the Trial of Obi-Wan's expansion.

Frogster is actually a case where I can only be better off never trying any other games they produce. They proved me I should start to be careful with companies' reputation before buying a mmorpg.

However, I'll never truly boycott EA or SoE, despite they screwed me with SWG and SWTOR. I'll just consider what they write about their own products as spam and give much more credit to players feedbacks. Not that I wasn't until now, but I repeatingly made the mistake of trusting pre-release comments to the point of pre-ordering myself. Beta-testers never truly know what they are speaking of, the ones who do being drawn in the mass.

I played RIFT 2 months after its release, stopped my subscription not because the game was bad, but because I had too much work to do. I'm now moving back to it, leaving the Secret World behind. If in 6 months they haven't alienated their player-base, I'll consider taking a freetrial/buying it.

But buying mmorpgs reasonably is probably harder than what many reasonable players think it is. I've been over-precautious with Starvault and Mortal Online, I may have already missed something.

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498

I don't have any company blacklisted. I've been playing games for a lot of years and happily I haven't had too many clunkers. Yes I've certainly bought some bad games over the years but it seems to be less and less as the years go on, With more and more info available I can usually tell pretty well if a title is for me or not. I don't know if some people just run out and by things based on hope or what but it seems like a lot of folks have been burned a lot. I also think some take their gaming company vendettas a little to seriously. Of course that's the joy of being a consumer, we all can make our own choices.

• TyvolusTyvolus Member Posts: 190

Do I have to just stick to the gaming industry...because there are plenty of companies across the board that will NEVER see a penny of my money ? Back to topic, EA and Blizzard. These two epitomize the problems with companies that are way too big for their own good.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Nexon, gPotato, PWE-Cryptic, BigPoint, WB-Turbine, SoE, Activision-Blizzard

EA-BW is preety damn close to being blacklisted as well. 

Not that bough much of their games anyway, since they do not produce games I like anymore.