Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Are You Ready for August 28th?

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by sleepr27

Ah the HYPE, can't wait to read the comments on this website 1 month after august 28. And btw i love SWTOR, so i guess it's good.

Wasn't 11/11/11 the big swtor beta release date?

Are you thinking of Skyrim?

I wasn't frequenting these particular forums then, but I think of Skyrim as the ultimate 11/11/11 game release date "freak out."

Either way, what does a poor SWTOR prediction about beta have to do with someone's expectation that GW2 will have disgruntled fans attacking the game like SWTOR did a month after release? I figure it will likely have at least 12 handfuls.

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , the only thing that concerns me when it comes to the month of August is Torchlight 2 and my school taxes , the rest can suck it. :)

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by colddog04

Are you thinking of Skyrim?

Ya, possibly so.  Strangely coincidental date in hype history either way.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128
    Originally posted by SuprGamerX

Heh , the only thing that concerns me when it comes to the month of August is Torchlight 2 and my school taxes , the rest can suck it. :)

Thank you for your opinion, it was both relevant to the original topic, as well as refreshing and original.  You have improved the well being of not only myself, but generations to follow.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Now its time for me to buy a copy.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• velimiriusvelimirius Member UncommonPosts: 134

Im rdy for August 25th :)

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

hibernating till August 25

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Finally!

Congrats Anet and good luck getting this most excellent game ready for release, if you need a few hundred thousand extra hands to help test you know how to reach us! ;)

Playing GW2..

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Wooooot finally!!!

Normally I can't get days off work at weeks of month ends, they better make an exception for august :)

• skozaxskozax Member Posts: 28

At last !!!

1 month till i start uni..

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

So only one BWE to go, and its in july... i hope they let us touch the last two races!

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Im not really that excited to be honest. THere are way too many great games releasing at the time. I may wait a couple months to pick this up. 

I know many people here play MMOs exclusively so I understand the excitement. For me however, before i get into a MMO that is going to take 300+ hours of my life I like to clear my other more high profile games first.

Dark Souls (PC), Torchlight II, Darksiders II & Dishonored are all releasing around the same time... Ill beat those first.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• XeseXese Member Posts: 39

25th is the day i get back from my honeymoon

30th is my birthday

Looks like it's gonna be a week-long party for me

:D

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Sweet! Release is only 7 days after my birthday. Oh sweet, sweet release!

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Varthander

So only one BWE to go, and its in july... i hope they let us touch the last two races!

I hope they DON'T.  It would be nice if they would save some things for launch instead of spoiling so so much.  I already feel like half the game has been spoiled for me.  But it was only, THANKFULLY, on one race and class.  Still....I don't want to see the Asura or Sylvari until launch.  Just my opinion.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Now to decide what to play for next 2 months

Edit: I thought I heard somewhere they werent going to let us beta Asura/plantpeople. Those are for launch

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

The game will never be ready by Aug 28th, still a ton of work to do on the game.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by Mephster

The game will never be ready by Aug 28th, still a ton of work to do on the game.

I personally thought it wasn't in bad shape at all, what's still left to be done in you're opinion?

• DfixDfix Member UncommonPosts: 238

Thanks for the inside info. Does ANet pay well?

Vivik-Cerberus
  • jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Asura... Guardian? I can't decide! But you bet your ass there will be an MMORPG guild in there on day 1! Which is likely 8/25 for pre-order folks!

count me in:) 

Did we ever get an EU branch going?

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

my birth day is aug 27 o.o they come out the day after

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

My BIRTHDAY IS JULY 10, BUT WHATEVER!!

August 27 will be the last day i see the streets!!!!!

So What Now?

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by TweFoju

My BIRTHDAY IS JULY 10, BUT WHATEVER!!

August 27 will be the last day i see the streets!!!!!

My Mom has the same B-day.

More on topic: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!

• VagabondLifeVagabondLife Member Posts: 91

Source?....are you a CB tester?..........NO? Oh yes....your a GW2 hater....almost forgot.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

what?! nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! i start school on september 1st!!!!! ugh.