Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Are You Ready for August 28th?

Comments

• DestructhorDestructhor Member Posts: 88
    Woohoo! That is all
  • MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by Scypheroth

still going to wait 2 months after release...dont need annother SWTOR for me personally

What the hell is the point of waiting? It is buy to play, with no subscription fee.

Guess I better put in for some vacation time ;)

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

I don't think I have seen more cursing in one thread than this one.I hope it is stopped sooner rather than later ot my visits to this site will  end.

Oh noe, the site will be deprived of your presence?  Staighten up guys, this is a serious threat.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• MsGamerladyMsGamerlady Member UncommonPosts: 192

Hurray :)

/does a happy dance

• GMan33GMan33 Member UncommonPosts: 79

Yeah!!!! The wait is almost over! After the SWTOR abysmal failure im looking foward to a fresh new, and exciting mmo that knows what the hell they are doing!

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Of course.  OF COURSE.  So, I open up the page today, see the announcement and I literally squealed.  Then I saw the date one second later and screamed in frustration.  That's my Wedding Anniversary, rofl!  Heheh, it's ok.  I got over it.  What's one day, right?  You can bet though, that I'll be sneaking in some GW2 time that day before or after whatever we do that night.  (hoping she doesn't make it an all day thing, gulp!).

Well, at least we get 2 solid months of TSW before GW2, that's kind of cool.  Will be interesting to see how my interest in TSW at that time is and whether I will want to play both at the same time.

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

That was a hell of a wait... hopefully it will have been worth it!

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by elocke

Of course.  OF COURSE.  So, I open up the page today, see the announcement and I literally squealed.  Then I saw the date one second later and screamed in frustration.  That's my Wedding Anniversary, rofl!  Heheh, it's ok.  I got over it.  What's one day, right?  You can bet though, that I'll be sneaking in some GW2 time that day before or after whatever we do that night.  (hoping she doesn't make it an all day thing, gulp!).

Well, at least we get 2 solid months of TSW before GW2, that's kind of cool.  Will be interesting to see how my interest in TSW at that time is and whether I will want to play both at the same time.

If u pre purchased u get 3 day headstart.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614
    Originally posted by QSatu

I feel almost strange that there was no announcement of anouncement of release date =P

sorta. they teased us with the jerseys remember 6-28-12. some of us knew there was something happening today

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

I have to say i really didn't expect anything because of those shirts.

Looks like those shirts announced the day that they would announce the release date, so....they weren't completely without value! lol

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128

Huh, my birthday.  Neato.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by MattVid

still going to wait 2 months after release...dont need annother SWTOR for me personally

What the hell is the point of waiting? It is buy to play, with no subscription fee.

Guess I better put in for some vacation time ;)

What does a sub fee have to do with anything? You still pay 60 bucks for the box, which you may come to regret later. Themeparks don't give more than 3 months anyway, so a sub isn't much.

Personally, like i've already said, i'll wait before buying any game, and when the price drops, i'll save even more. I still have to wait 2-3 months before getting TSW,a dn then 3 more of gameplay, so i'll only be getting GW2, only next year atleast. But have fun all first day buyers, and no, no sarcasm.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I don't think I have seen more cursing in one thread than this one.I hope it is stopped sooner rather than later ot my visits to this site will  end.

Fuckin' A, man. I wish I was less of a bitch about saying fuck. I have to admit I'm mother fuckin' happy about the bitchin' release date.

• DfixDfix Member UncommonPosts: 238

#GW2iscoming is #1 trending on Twitter. Now that's how it's done!

Vivik-Cerberus
  • cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

I'm the only one that is cursing in this thread.  Awesome B-day present for me. :D   Now, where is my Planetside 2 beta key.   I need more awesome stuff popping up today.  I need to keep riding on this high, if you get my drift.

BOOYAKA!

• SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178

This is fun. About an hour ago I had a strong feeling that I should immidietly go to guildwars 2 website, becouse there will be big announcment made today. I found nothing new, so I thought "ahh, I'ts just my imagination, after all I check guildwars 2 site regularly, why would there be any announcment today, the game is far away from release." so I came to MMORPG forums, to see how did yesterdays stress test  went and... I found this news. I'm not a huge fan of Guild Wars 2, I didn't prepurchuase or participate in beta, but this is quite amusing.

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

i was expecting release on end July, end August is fine too. 

Great news, BW3 date and launch day on same day....oh yea. xDD

seem  28/06/2012 was important day after all.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

nice!!!!=about thime- the stress tests were an indication for sure!

this has made my day!- after D3-Steam rolls of dissapointments.

love GW2!

(The kid's going to go into full-on shopping glee richochet excitement mode...hard to take, at the best of times),  But oh well, I'll find some way to deal.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• sleepr27sleepr27 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

That's... pretty dumb lol.  If the game was like SWTOR, then two months wouldn't make it magically into some other game.

Also, it's not SWTOR at all.  It's good.

Ah the HYPE, can't wait to read the comments on this website 1 month after august 28. And btw i love SWTOR, so i guess it's good.

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313
    Originally posted by proponent

Hopfuly they so some sort of open beta before release or trial after. Could not bring myself to buy it ...wasn't a GW fan.

GW2 is nothing like the original Guild Wars. I could never really get into GW but this new game is pretty much what I was hoping for when I started looking for something new.

Originally posted by sleepr27

Ah the HYPE, can't wait to read the comments on this website 1 month after august 28. And btw i love SWTOR, so i guess it's good.

Wasn't 11/11/11 the big swtor beta release date?

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by korat102

GW2 is nothing like the original Guild Wars. I could never really get into GW but this new game is pretty much what I was hoping for when I started looking for something new.

xcly!!!! man u nailed it!

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258

Finally some good news after a long shitty week T_T