Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blade & Soul: Commercial Release on June 30th

AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/06/blade-soul-kr-commercial-p2p-date.html

"NCsoft's Blade & Soul will enter its commercial P2P phase on 30th June 2012, which is just a few days from now. This is also just 9 days after the game went into its free for all Open Beta phase which started on 21st June. The monthly fee (30 days unlimited access) is priced at KRW 23,000, which is near USD 20.00. Although this is slightly more expensive than Aion Korea, Aion's monthly card actually has a limit of 300 hours.

There are currently no plans to release hourly cards, which is a popular payment option in Korea. However, seasonal time cards will be considered after Blade & Soul goes commercial. Early pre-subscribers starting from today till 29th June will be rewarded with exclusive game items and discount vouchers."

Comments

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Sigh, really hope they drop that social security number thingy so I can play the game in Korea, I even learnt korean just so I read some of their news properly :(

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    I don't think South Korea will ever drop the whole social security identification (at least not in the foreseeable future). NCSoft upgraded their security with a new company that asks for additional information. Now you need a social security number plus either a credit card or a valid South Korean telephone number and register the code you receive or you must have your birth certificate documents on your computer which is scanned by the new company’s system.

NCSoft has become tighter all around with security.

All of that just for open beta.

O:

• FuturisticFuturistic Member UncommonPosts: 41

what did i miss ? open beta ?

what what what ?

Current mmorpg: Everquest 2
    Current RPG: The Last Remnant (PC)
    Current console games: Tekken 6 (PS3)
    Current PC games: Super Street Fighter IV: AE2012

Originally posted by Futuristic

what did i miss ? open beta ?

what what what ?

The game is launched in Korea.

I think

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Originally posted by xKingdomx
    Originally posted by Futuristic what did i miss ? open beta ?   what what what ?

I think

The game officially launched in South Korea, on June 30th. So yea it has launched.

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Kumapon

Originally posted by Futuristic what did i miss ? open beta ?   what what what ?

I think

The game officially launched in South Korea, on June 30th. So yea it has launched.

It is also NO.1 in korean market..interesting..

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Pay to play? Really?  That is so very disappointing.  I was hoping they would launch with their Truly Free payment system.  I really don't want to pay a subscription + cash shop ever again.

Do you know if it is pvp only?  Have they announced any US/EU release?  Their global site hasn't had any news updates for almost two years now.

It's pay to play, but it's free up to lvl 15. B&S has no cash shop or any RNG enhancing seen in other Korean MMo's. But the game just released so I am sure once the subs go down a cash shop will be introduced.

B&S is the first successful pay to play mmo in Korea. They have like 2 million subs with an average of 230k players online at any one time.

The Truly Free payment system is for Na only. So maybe B&S will be FTP if it ever comes over here.

The game is like Tera, just with 50% more content and 50% more support. So it has allot of PVE content, with PVP tack on the side.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Pay to play? Really?  That is so very disappointing.  I was hoping they would launch with their Truly Free payment system.  I really don't want to pay a subscription + cash shop ever again.

Do you know if it is pvp only?  Have they announced any US/EU release?  Their global site hasn't had any news updates for almost two years now.

Im not sure you understand why the 'Truly Free' was implemented, but if they feel it will do poorly enough in the NA/EU to warrant that model they probably wont even bother with a translation.

Originally posted by Kumapon Originally posted by Torvaldr Pay to play? Really?  That is so very disappointing.  I was hoping they would launch with their Truly Free payment system.  I really don't want to pay a subscription + cash shop ever again.   Do you know if it is pvp only?  Have they announced any US/EU release?  Their global site hasn't had any news updates for almost two years now.
    It's pay to play, but it's free up to lvl 15. B&S has no cash shop or any RNG enhancing seen in other Korean MMo's. But the game just released so I am sure once the subs go down a cash shop will be introduced. B&S is the first successful pay to play mmo in Korea. They have like 2 million subs with an average of 230k players online at any one time. The Truly Free payment system is for Na only. So maybe B&S will be FTP if it ever comes over here. The game is like Tera, just with 50% more content and 50% more support. So it has allot of PVE content, with PVP tack on the side.
    Thank you for the answers.  Do you know if the game has pve only servers like original Lineage did or is it fully pvp like Lineage 2 and Aion?

All the servers are PVP servers, there are no PVE servers in Korea.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

No PvE servers then ...sigh okay thanks.

Chamber of Chains

The game is like Tera, just with 50% more content and 50% more support. So it has allot of PVE content, with PVP tack on the side.

But the PvP party video I saw on youtube was amazing!?

• Lamer883Lamer883 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by cheyane

No PvE servers then ...sigh okay thanks.

PvP isn't forced in this game. You can go purely PvE for the story content. PvP in this game, in my opinion, is just for role-playing purposes, like defending your fellow faction members from griefers or killing random people for your faction. For example, you join the red faction, they will give you a red faction uniform, but you can wear normal clothes that doesn't toggle PvP mode on. If you wear the red faction uniform, npcs and player characters, who are wearing the blue faction uniform, will be hostile to you, npcs will attack you on sight.

There are 3 known factions that i remember in my CBT3/OBT experience, only 1 faction allows you to earn pvp points from player character kills. The 2 other faction uniforms are just for storyline purposes or casual dueling between friends. This faction has npcs that trades weapons for PvP points, which makes the PvE content a bit easier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFKHctVJZHo

The link above shows me dueling against a fellow forum member. Of course I said the class, KungFu Master is OP because of their dominate skill but I am just showing how the game works as of OBT.

Edit* wow didnt know this would be my first post after nearly 2 years of lurking

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    game does look like a lot of fun.. hopefull won't take till next winter to get it out here in the states but seeing how usually takes that long to bring a game over after it's released in the East I'm not expecting to see this in the US till next winter.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    I dislike that its another cut-scene filler MMO and extremely instanced. But the games been on my radar so long I almost feel obligated to give it a try.
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

But the PvP party video I saw on youtube was amazing!?

the pvp tack on the side comment just broke my heart...I hope you are wrong...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"