Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stress test game play changes?

I was unable to attend the stress test so I'm hoping people who did play could comment on noticable game play changes.

I'm personally interested in changes to the Engineer and Mesmer (did they fix the Phantasmal Haste bug?).

Comments

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Didn't see any changes to fix Alpha builds. Engineers were still nonfactors.

• SebberSebber Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by Sixpax

I was unable to attend the stress test so I'm hoping people who did play could comment on noticable game play changes.

I'm personally interested in changes to the Engineer and Mesmer (did they fix the Phantasmal Haste bug?).

It was the same build from BWE 2, so there is no changes. You have to wait until BWE 3 to se the new stuff.

Originally posted by Vutar
    Originally posted by Sebber

It was the same build from BWE 2, so there is no changes. You have to wait until BWE 3 to se the new stuff.

After BWE2 there was a fairly large download that took place. So something was done.

There was nothing done, the patch is for the closed beta under NDA.

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432

I didnt get to check it out either, had to work. I would imagine though that this was more for servers and such then for bugs fixes within the game. 

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

I broke down and played some which I wasn't going to do.  I was not impressed with this test. Seemed like a step backwards in many respects. I did not see any major changes but there were tons more bugs it seemed.  I had way more lag than BWE and i'm on a low pop server.  Pets still stopped working randomly. The trading post bugged out and they had to shut it down. I was not able to use unidentified dyes (during BWE2 I could).  The event also did not work and they had to extend the test by an hour. If ya go look at the bug forum you will see it is over 5 pages long so for a few hour test.

No idea how much fixing they have really done since BWE2, probably not much. But this reaffirmed that this game is no where close to ready for release.

This was not the test for gameplay and balance changes. It was a stress test. It's possible that Anet was simulating a high lag environment.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

After BWE2 there was a fairly large download that took place. So something was done.

No, they definitely changed thing in BWE2.

In BWE1, I remember being frustrated because I never knew what combo "effect" my attacks that went through a combo field were having.  But in BWE2, it would pop up the combo effect above the projectile when it went through the field.  Like it would say "burning" above my arrows or whatever.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

I didnt bother to even log in myself , Im kinda burned out with the whole losing your progress thing so Im just not going to play anymore until release I think. Maybe log in to check out any changes made but thats about it.

Originally posted by Creslin321

No, they definitely changed thing in BWE2.

In BWE1, I remember being frustrated because I never knew what combo "effect" my attacks that went through a combo field were having.  But in BWE2, it would pop up the combo effect above the projectile when it went through the field.  Like it would say "burning" above my arrows or whatever.

We are not talking about the changes between BWE1 and 2, we are talking about the changes between BWE 2 and the stress test today.

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

Still fighting the last event- that is  unfortunatly still bugged in several ways.

First if you zone out and go back you change back from corrupted to normal- wich means you can actual decide wich side you fight on-

second - waypoints close to gates is way to easy to keep contested by zoning in and out.

we where 10 branded creatures that tryed to kill 1 player (guardian) that keept zoning in and out of ascalon catakomps keeping that waypoint contested.

It doesn't look like the event can be decided.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I haven't noticed any changes on my characters and the only thing that seemed different is that thiefs aren't teleporting all over the place in the downed state anymore, that might not be a fix though as it's just in pickup matches and players might not know what they're doing.

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173

There was a Dev hanging out in the Mist and a lot of people were asking him questions about the game and such. he didn't mention anything about changes in the stress test but he did mention that they are working on the dance emotes and optimizations. not sure if it will ready for the next BWE though.

As for me I didn't notice any changes, but that is to be expected they're basically using the same build as BWE2.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

You are wrong. Martin clarified he meant that there would be no new content in the Stress test, not that there weren't updates done to existing stuff.

I didn't have enough time to see if there was any changes to skills, etc... however, I was very happy that all the Skill Point Challenges and Dynamic Events in Gendarran Fields seem to now be working/spawning. During 5 hours spent there in BWE2, I saw maybe four DEs and half were bugged. I think I did about twelve DEs in two hours this time around. Leveled from 28.5 to 31.2

For negatives, I wasn't able to buy or sell anything on the trading Post during the entire stress test. Not sure if this only effected some people, but I had no problem in any previous events.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Redemp

lol I wouldnt say that. Fought one that handed it to me. And I don't consider myself bad btw ;)

Originally posted by fiontar

You are wrong. Martin clarified he meant that there would be no new content in the Stress test, not that there weren't updates done to existing stuff.

I didn't have enough time to see if there was any changes to skills, etc... however, I was very happy that all the Skill Point Challenges and Dynamic Events in Gendarran Fields seem to now be working/spawning. During 5 hours spent there in BWE2, I saw maybe four DEs and half were bugged. I think I did about twelve DEs in two hours this time around. Leveled from 28.5 to 31.2

For negatives, I wasn't able to buy or sell anything on the trading Post during the entire stress test. Not sure if this only effected some people, but I had no problem in any previous events.

Balance changes and bug fixed is not major updates. In the patch shortly after BWE 2 there was nothing done to this stress test. Learn to read thank god.

• ZenonSethZenonSeth Member Posts: 128

It felt pretty much the same.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Originally posted by Kuppa

lol I wouldnt say that. Fought one that handed it to me. And I don't consider myself bad btw ;)

The issue is you stayed to fight him ...  ignore him and move on and he won't ever kill you. If someone stays to fight my Engineer ... they will eventually lose, ( the one spec that works is an Alpha build ) if they ignore me .... well I'm ignored.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

I broke down and played some which I wasn't going to do.  I was not impressed with this test. Seemed like a step backwards in many respects. I did not see any major changes but there were tons more bugs it seemed.  I had way more lag than BWE and i'm on a low pop server.  Pets still stopped working randomly. The trading post bugged out and they had to shut it down. I was not able to use unidentified dyes (during BWE2 I could).  The event also did not work and they had to extend the test by an hour. If ya go look at the bug forum you will see it is over 5 pages long so for a few hour test.

No idea how much fixing they have really done since BWE2, probably not much. But this reaffirmed that this game is no where close to ready for release.

Today was a stress test. Anet were deliberately stretching the servers to test the limits of what they can handle. That was the whole point of today. I would imagine that they reduced the resources available on the servers and took other measures to simulate extremely high resource usage. They were testing to see how the system performed when really stretched. 

Seemed to do pretty well to me. Lag and ability delay, whilst annoying, are a whole lot better than the whole server crashing and going offline!

The bugs that you mentioned do seem annoying, but they are hardly major issues. These are the kind of little bugs that get fixed in between BWEs and im confident they will be fixed by release. Im sure ANet have thousands of bug reports to go through - thats the point of beta testing, and ANet are actually using the Beta period in its original meaning - for testing and identifying bugs, unlike most betas now which are purely for marketing purposes (Im not saying GW2 betas dont serve a marketing purpose too, but that is not their main function)

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

The issue is you stayed to fight him ...  ignore him and move on and he won't ever kill you. If someone stays to fight my Engineer ... they will eventually lose, ( the one spec that works is an Alpha build ) if they ignore me .... well I'm ignored.

You could say that about every class in the game atm... Every class has the ability to run from fights with little chance of being caught.

- Anyway, more to the topic:

This was a stress test. As far as I could tell it was the same build from BWE#2. There was a small download, that I'm unsure of what it consisted of, but I saw no noticeable changes, aside from some of the skill challenges being fixed. Even for a stress test, my performance was fine. I've seen a few complaints about performance issues, but I'm not sure what systems / software those people are running.

Basically, the stress test wasn't really a step forwards or backwards. It was the same build w/ a few minor fixes, testing the servers for latency issues / login issues.

Nothing here LOL

Can i delete post?

• ZenonSethZenonSeth Member Posts: 128

Is it just me, or did the excitement kind of die down? When I played last BWE, I was incredibly eager to jump in game and excited with it.

Today, I was less enthused.. Still interested but my excitement level was definitely down. Maybe it IS just me, having to play this for only 5 hrs after a 9 hour workday...meh

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

the only thing i noticed was they deleted a bunch of in-game items.  my bags were full of <This item has been deleted> tokens.

Interesting, never tought of that. But you might have a point. Thery were particulary good in team fights, they can basically decide were the fighting happens.

Originally posted by aesperus

You could say that about every class in the game atm... Every class has the ability to run from fights with little chance of being caught.

- Anyway, more to the topic:

This was a stress test. As far as I could tell it was the same build from BWE#2. There was a small download, that I'm unsure of what it consisted of, but I saw no noticeable changes, aside from some of the skill challenges being fixed. Even for a stress test, my performance was fine. I've seen a few complaints about performance issues, but I'm not sure what systems / software those people are running.

Basically, the stress test wasn't really a step forwards or backwards. It was the same build w/ a few minor fixes, testing the servers for latency issues / login issues.

Not really. Some classes are better than others at getting away but even the best classes can be caught if they dont bring the right stuff.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by ZenonSeth

Is it just me, or did the excitement kind of die down? When I played last BWE, I was incredibly eager to jump in game and excited with it.

Today, I was less enthused.. Still interested but my excitement level was definitely down. Maybe it IS just me, having to play this for only 5 hrs after a 9 hour workday...meh

I know that feel, bro. Personally I've had my share of BWE's and stress tests. I view them as a tease at this point and quite frankly it's not worth it. Don't get me wrong, I still can't wait for the game to launch but I'm done with these tests. The characters are going to get wiped anyway and I don't want to spoil any more of the game for myself.

Besides football is more important than 4 hours of GW2.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

They had markers over NPC's to start DE's.

They had more Pop-ups to help new ppl figure the game out.