Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1.3 the celebration of Nerf´s

2»

Comments

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    Originally posted by indrct
    Originally posted by Charas
    Originally posted by Portland
    many many will quit

Nah, players don't quit over nerfs, that's a myth.

You must have never played an MMO

I've been leading a guild of people who have played MMOs (as well as other games) going all the way back to EQ1.  While I have never personally quit from a nerf, I have witnessed many calm, rational, and intellegent people quit from nerfs.  I remember some of the most memorable ones being back in DAOC when Mythic nerfed the off-hand damage on some weapon that basically ruined the Shadow Blade class literally over night.  In Age of Conan I saw a few nerfs that had some of my guys running for the hills.  In one case I had a guy in INQ who got to max level as a guardian I think and took a vicious nerf, then rerolled as another class and had that class nerfed literally the day that one reached max level.

It does happen.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by Portland many many will quit
    Nah, players don't quit over nerfs, that's a myth. They say they will because they're dillusional and immature enough to think they can blackmail the devs into rolling back but they never actually quit.

In any case, devs should never listen to the player base for balance changes, they should either pay inhouse testers for it or observe top player performance and trends if the game is very competitive.

funny, I quit after 1.2 when my sage and scoundrel were both nerfed into oblivion. of course the fact that the only real content added was a cash grind for worthless legacy junk didn't help .. but ..

I do miss pvping on my scoundrel tho. was the only real fun I had after the story ended.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• kaguhoOkaguhoO Member Posts: 84

i havent seen so many nerfs at once since a long time in a mmorpg since 1.2 and it just gets worse. 

skills that gave already laughable 9% to heal self (operative/Mercs) now give funny 3% that are worthless. really whats 3% ? 3 skills points for 3% ? 

Juggernauts become PvP castrated meat shields they will be laughed at in PvP and quit... 

Shadows loose 50% heals and 35% armor etc etc.. many many will quit

The list of nerfs goes on and on and its mostly PvP balancing without paying any respect to the PvE players.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=463539

good....then its time to come back with my sniper

• evianwaterevianwater Member UncommonPosts: 308

Players do quit *in part* over nerfs. I mean I quit WoW partially due 5 straight patches that made my dk go from a dot-focused class to a spike damage class. It's not so much the nerfing of skills, its completely changing the playstyle of a class (Blood DK anyone ?)

The nerfs in 1.3 are far from dramatic..anyone pretending otherwise is just trying to whine for the sake of whining. Self-healing has always been a joke for shadows/assassins anyway. I mean you get a 2% heal for crits on dots..what good was that doing anyway ? 

That said..the class would be fine if the heals were completely removed. What I didn't understand was the armor nerf to the shadow/assassin tank buff..but, I seriously doubt it's nearly as big a deal as the OP mentioned.

Oh..and the OP probably doesn't play any class that was "nerfed" anyway.

• kaguhoOkaguhoO Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by evianwater

Players do quit *in part* over nerfs. I mean I quit WoW partially due 5 straight patches that made my dk go from a dot-focused class to a spike damage class. It's not so much the nerfing of skills, its completely changing the playstyle of a class (Blood DK anyone ?)

The nerfs in 1.3 are far from dramatic..anyone pretending otherwise is just trying to whine for the sake of whining. Self-healing has always been a joke for shadows/assassins anyway. I mean you get a 2% heal for crits on dots..what good was that doing anyway ? 

That said..the class would be fine if the heals were completely removed. What I didn't understand was the armor nerf to the shadow/assassin tank buff..but, I seriously doubt it's nearly as big a deal as the OP mentioned.

if he played a sniper he would be happy about this patchs...

he is probably another boring marauder or sin

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Originally posted by evianwater

my juggernaut is Level 31 , my Assassin level 16 , i wont touch any of these two anymore........   if i ever decide to re-sub...

My 45 bounty hunter received a heal nerf and my 50 sorceror was nerfed in 1.2 so overall my expereince with this game isnt that great when it comes to Nerfs and the classes i play..... 

• bestman22bestman22 Member UncommonPosts: 93

I wanted to like this game... looked forward to it for a long time, a long time.  Anyway 2 weeks into the game I couldnt take it anymore.... I can queue anywhere to do pvp but have to sit in a freaking station to try to do PVE instances.   I dont like solo rpg's, I like grouping dungeon crawls and the like.  1.3 finally brings the lfg tool so that you can go and level while still trying getting in a dungeon but, unfortunately its too little too late.  Too many nerfs, optional server transfers instead of actual server merges, and god at all the thread locking when people express an opinion that they dont like... post in this forum thread with 30 pages so no one sees it, and to top it off a sick population base.

If it goes F2P then I might go back but not the way they are now.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

1.3 has been up for a few days now and I don't see any problems. I had to redo my skill points for my mercenary and I just put them in the same exact place they were before. My Merc still hits hard and is still very viable so I don't see an issue. Of course then again I actually do  play this game.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• BlindmaliceBlindmalice Member Posts: 4

My entire guild of 56 people quite this game before my wife and me decided to give it the boot.  And yes, we quit over the crazy balance between PvP and PvE.  These turds don't have a clue.  They are wrecking this game the same way they did to warhammer.  Same idiots.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

So my question would be what classes has been *ahem* improved or should I say not nerfed?

Beceause if all have been nerfed then no big deal?

Originally posted by Deewe

So my question would be what classes has been *ahem* improved or should I say not nerfed?

Deewe, we all can see that you just replied to something you didnt read before. 

sure its a big deal for PvE players because the NPC enemies are still the same. Some classes are only fun with  permanent heal companion out.

If you nerf and crap balance down all classes for PvP then logically the game becomes harder and more complicated for dedicated PvE players........

Bioware is to lazy to programm two skillsets , one for PvP and one for PvE. City of Heroes has that since 2006..

Originally posted by Blindmalice

My entire guild of 56 people quite this game before my wife and me decided to give it the boot.  And yes, we quit over the crazy balance between PvP and PvE.  These turds don't have a clue.  They are wrecking this game the same way they did to warhammer.  Same idiots.

i had a full active friend list in March before 1.2 came. I always had people to group with. After 1.2 more than 95% of them all dissapeared. Its sad because i had good times with the most of them. They all were PvE players and gave a s...t about PvP.

My hopes for 1.3 were big, i was hopeing they would fix some crap they did in 1.2 but instead they continued to destroy-balance this game for these damned PvP whiners.......

• DekapitatorDekapitator Member UncommonPosts: 261

Bigger fan than this? No way.

• IronBladeIronBlade Member Posts: 10

i havent seen so many nerfs at once since a long time in a mmorpg since 1.2 and it just gets worse. 

skills that gave already laughable 9% to heal self (operative/Mercs) now give funny 3% that are worthless. really whats 3% ? 3 skills points for 3% ? 

Juggernauts become PvP castrated meat shields they will be laughed at in PvP and quit... 

Shadows loose 50% heals and 35% armor etc etc.. many many will quit

The list of nerfs goes on and on and its mostly PvP balancing without paying any respect to the PvE players.

BioWare is going to overbalance and overnerf Swtor´s classes in favor of PvP 

There wont be any interesting classes left at the end of this Nerf fest and probably only a few players too....

1.3 is another horrible patch that will fear away possible new players, Swtor isnt safe to play because BioWare changes and destroys whole classes overnight without asking players about their opinion.

complaining players on the Swtor forums just get a ban.....

Horror Patch notes of Nerfs here >

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=463539

It's totally indicitive of a desin team who does not have a clue as to what they are doing. When nerfs hit the fan, it's because THEY screwed up.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

sure its a big deal for PvE players because the NPC enemies are still the same. Some classes are only fun with  permanent heal companion out.

If you nerf and crap balance down all classes for PvP then logically the game becomes harder and more complicated for dedicated PvE players........

Bioware is to lazy to programm two skillsets , one for PvP and one for PvE. City of Heroes has that since 2006..

Seems to me you are the one who did not read the post ;)

Cause your answer is kinda... off. Maybe you are a bit too focused on PvP vs PvE balance :p

Seems to me you are the one who did not read the post ;)

Cause your answer is kinda... off. Maybe you are a bit too focused on PvP vs PvE balance :p

i am only focused on PvE balance and nothing else. I give nothing about PvP in mmorpg´s which usually was the main reason for ruining fun games in the past years.

i dont know why developers are so PvP oriented even if their analysis shows them that the majority of players favors PvE. 

Its their income thats decreasing by loosing players due to stupid PvP balance changes that affect PvE as well.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

i dont know why developers are so PvP oriented even if their analysis shows them that the majority of players favors PvE. 

I don't know about that. Before the transfers were given out the more populated servers was the PVP ones. I didn't notice much of a drop in population until 1.2, when Bioware decided to kill open PVP on Ilum. I agree that nerfs can be maddening and they should only affect the PVP world, but  the lack of good PVP options has really hurt the game`s population. It's sad because with a little more effort, they could have had nice open PVP. PVE is fine, but eventually it gets old and players want other things to do besides the same dailies with the same bosses over and over again.  

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    many many will quit

Nah, players don't quit over nerfs, that's a myth. They say they will because they're dillusional and immature enough to think they can blackmail the devs into rolling back but they never actually quit.

In any case, devs should never listen to the player base for balance changes, they should either pay inhouse testers for it or observe top player performance and trends if the game is very competitive.

Half my Fallen Earth guild (including me) quit after the 1.5 patch.   Sure, they gave us a free respec.   But the mutant builds were all destroyed and all the people who wanted to play with mutant powers instead of dual-pistols (became the new OP) or rifles (became better) quit.