Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The bad CC is here to stay

2»

Comments

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    [mod edit]

It's a matter of taste really. Personally I've been OK with CC all the time and everything they add is just a bonus for me. Some people expect more, some less but some are pulling arguments out of their arses just to bash the game they do not like. If reading TSW forums long enough you start noticing certain posters hopping between threads and spitting poison. I do like very few games and don't like most at all but I don't spend hours every single day to bash those. Sigh...

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Producer and Director

Funcom

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cbwriter View Post
    there is NO reason that funcom cannot give a better customization selection other than pure laziness. this ain't 2004 and WoW. others give more options and better selections, no reason tsw can't.

Thanks for your feedback! Let me assure you that it's not laziness. Our guys have been working hard to make our character creation as flexible and fun as possible. This Beta does not contain all the customisation options that will be in for launch -- in fact, most of the work done by the character creation team the past few weeks is not in this version -- and you'll get a lot more facial features, makeup and hair options at launch.

Clothing has always been our main focus with character creation, and you'll find that the game has a LOT of clothing options -- available through the in-game vendors, through rewards, and also the item store. As for other customisation options, there are a lot of things we would have loved to do that we had to postpone until after launch. At some point, we want to allow players to go back and modify their existing characters -- like changing hairstyles and adding tattoos. But more on that at a later stage.

Thanks for playing!

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

[mod edit]

Happens with every game .. which is probably why they don't even bother actually addressing most of the concerns that come out in beta. They know people will buy the game anyway.

[mod edit]

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• Sameer1979Sameer1979 Member Posts: 362
    Originally posted by DarkDemon69
    Originally posted by Panthien
    Originally posted by Blacknd
    Originally posted by udon

Apparently the horrible character creator TSW has is the launch one despite Ragnars promises to be otherwise. Now he is saying itll be improved after launch, you will have a cosmetic surgeon in the cash shop to fix your ugly character whenever they put it in.

Did he really say the surgeon would be a cash shop option or are you assuming?  Because if it's a quote that is a pretty big middle finger to everyone who plays this game at launch.

I'm pretty sure he's assuming. He did mention a cosmetic surgeon, but I've never seen it stated it would be cash-shop only.

If he wasn't assuming, he could provide quotes. It's not hard.

It's just a troll post.

Stop defending ragnar hes lied about the CC hes lied about placeholder combat animations, Im a lifetimer, but I know this game will be a typical funcom launch disaster.

Lets see.

He said there would be improvements to combat animations, they did that.

He said there would be improvements to CC, they improved faces and added a few more features.

So which part was the lie?

Changing 3 animations and adding grey hair is not significant improvements try again.

Improvement is improvement no matetr how little. But we did get new hairstyles, make up options, new facial features etc.  Read the psot above yours, most of the change will come to CC after launch, so yes Ragnar didn't lie.

• FraugnutzFraugnutz Member Posts: 69

They need to at least add different body types/sizes...while I have very few gripes about the game and am and chomping at the bit for Friday to get here, the lackluster CC is a drawback. A dealbreaker? No, but still could be improved on in obvious ways.

• Sameer1979Sameer1979 Member Posts: 362
    He said itsd be in at launch they arent so yes he LIED

Can you read bro? seriously can you?

Thanks for your feedback! Let me assure you that it's not laziness. Our guys have been working hard to make our character creation as flexible and fun as possible. This Beta does not contain all the customisation options that will be in for launch -- in fact, most of the work done by the character creation team the past few weeks is not in this version -- and you'll get a lot more facial features, makeup and hair options at launch.

Clothing has always been our main focus with character creation, and you'll find that the game has a LOT of clothing options -- available through the in-game vendors, through rewards, and also the item store. As for other customisation options, there are a lot of things we would have loved to do that we had to postpone until after launch. At some point, we want to allow players to go back and modify their existing characters -- like changing hairstyles and adding tattoos. But more on that at a later stage.

Thanks for playing!

Both things he said are not lies..well green one is still to be proven though.
  • PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Sameer1979

Apparently the horrible character creator TSW has is the launch one despite Ragnars promises to be otherwise. Now he is saying itll be improved after launch, you will have a cosmetic surgeon in the cash shop to fix your ugly character whenever they put it in.

Did he really say the surgeon would be a cash shop option or are you assuming?  Because if it's a quote that is a pretty big middle finger to everyone who plays this game at launch.

I'm pretty sure he's assuming. He did mention a cosmetic surgeon, but I've never seen it stated it would be cash-shop only.

It's just a troll post.

Stop defending ragnar hes lied about the CC hes lied about placeholder combat animations, Im a lifetimer, but I know this game will be a typical funcom launch disaster.

CB forums are not wiped yet i am sure you can back up what you are saying with official quotes? he clearly mentioned CC will go under change after live, not before.

Yup.

The only claims I've seen Ragnar make are that:

A) The CC would be updated before launch with additional features. It was. 

B) The CC would be updated AFTER launch with additional features. We'll see, but even claiming this much appears to be a lie to the OP.

C) There will be a cosmetic surgeon option to change what you look like after CC. I've never seen it stated anywhere if it would be cash-shop specific. 

The OP claims it will be in the cash shop, so that's what I want proof of. Now I wouldn't be surprised if some options (gender change?) were cash shop specific, but if changing your hair type and color is, the community will pitch a fit for it to be changed.

while I don't like the CC I can't say Ragnar lied some faces were updated so technically he was being truthfull.. Wish there was more sliders and some options for body types... also more hair options would be great... at least it is something they said is coming soon after launch.

Sure CC isnt entirely where I want it but look at the image below it DEFINATELY got better.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

It's just a troll post.

Lets see.

He said there would be improvements to CC, they improved faces and added a few more features.

Changing 3 animations and adding grey hair is not significant improvements try again.

Improvement is improvement no matetr how little. But we did get new hairstyles, make up options, new facial features etc.  Read the psot above yours, most of the change will come to CC after launch, so yes Ragnar didn't lie.

he never said all the new options would be in launch he said some changes would come pre-launch(which they have) then the bigger changes would come post launch with some sort of barber shop to allow people to change there already made characters

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

It's just a troll post.

Lets see.

Actually a few hairstyles and facial trades did get added, not many but they are there.

Try again.

This discussion has been closed.