Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Night Mare Mount: $24.99

2»

Comments

• PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105

The mount is expensive and a ripoff IMO but when you log in and see a lot of people with the mount, then you know it overshadows all the complaints about the price. As long as a lot people buy it, the cash shop items will keep on coming.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Here's my take..

World of Warcraft sells their mounts for $25 dollars on their website (and they got more than 1 now)

Rift sells their mounts for $10 dollars

TERA sell this new mount for $25 dollars

Whats the big deal? You don't have to buy this mount that they are selling, however if you got some disposable income, then why not.

People complain for the sake of complaining and the haters of this game look to hate it even more.

Sometimes I think it's just plan jealousy that someone is having fun in a game and they aren't, as well as if I can't afford a certain item, you shouldn't have it either.

I believe it is a great deal, you get a mount at level 1 on all your characters, so it just isn't a show piece, their are some benefits to owning the mount.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by wasim470

i really need to ask, why are we ok with buying a mount for 24$, when we already got the game for 50$ and we pay a sub for 15$ a month ?

and please don't tell me you don't have to buy it, i think when i pay them every month and did buy a box i should get all that the game has to offer.

anyone agree with me on this ?

Can i borrow this logic to get some sweet raid gear?...No I have to do the raid and hope for a drop?....but I pay a sub..."I should get all this game has to offer".

Maybe when I go to Disneyland and pay that huge entrance fee I should get to eat and have all the stuffed MickeyMouse dolls I want?

How about when I pay my tuition at college I should get my books for free?

• Sameer1979Sameer1979 Member Posts: 362

When Blizzard does it we understand because Blizzard can. But when Tera does it...why? it is already struggling with population and how is this going to help?

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

If folks buy it, then more power to Enmasse. WoW proved folks will pony up the big bucks for virtual mounts of glowy dude-bro-ness, so there's no reason Enmasse shouldn't give it a go. Don't like, don't buy it. Pretty much how it works with any cash shop, even if there is a monthly sub. Speak with you wallets, people.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Sameer1979

When Blizzard does it we understand because Blizzard can. But when Tera does it...why? it is already struggling with population and how is this going to help?

It seems to be a new model.  If you can't get lots of subs, milk the ones you can get, for as much as you possibly can.

What I still dont get though, is the lack of variety.  To me, the whole point of vanity items is to set yourself apart.  Buy a type of mount that fits your character best, or something like that.   I certainly don't want to spend money on a mount that will be just like everyone else's vanity mount.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Originally posted by Vhaln

It seems to be a new model.  If you can't get lots of subs, milk the ones you can get, for as much as you possibly can.

What I still dont get though, is the lack of variety.  To me, the whole point of vanity items is to set yourself apart.  Buy a type of mount that fits your character best, or something like that.   I certainly don't want to spend money on a mount that will be just like everyone else's vanity mount.

QFT. Great point.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by xenogias
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    Originally posted by Teekay

WOW

Just wow...

25 dollars for a mount? I could buy 2 amazing games from steam for that price. A whole set of costumes/riot points on league of legends etc etc...

Are they serious? It really looks like they're just trying to grab as much money as they can before the game sinks entirely.

So now you can buy a faster mount, which is clearly an advantage (pay to win....)

I remember when Dark ages of Camelot released mounts. 1)It was in a free expansion 2) There were10 different types of mounts, with varying swappable armour and colourings. 3) The sexy mounts were expensive, (you know, flaming hooves etc) but expensive in terms of game money. But anyone could own one with enough time put in.

With Tera it's - you can only have a different mount if you pay alot of money for it. Otherwise FU, you can stay with the one standard mount, we don't care how much time you put into our game.

I can't believe people are defending this travesty of a game.

Laughing at someone buying a mount, and then going on to say the money would be better spent on skins for LoL characters. What a joker you are. Both are virtual items, you prefer LoL someone else prefers TERA, big deal.

The diffrence is LoL makes its money through cash shop skins ect. TERA has a monthly subscription. I dont remember LoL charging $50 or $60 bucks for the box, charging $15 a month to play, and then charging for player skins.

I hope you see the diffrence now, if not you are exactly the type of person En Masse, Blizzard, Funcom ect want playing thier games.

+1 to Xeno

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Well done on failing to understand the point of what I wrote or how the comparison of like for like appearance items regarding value for money/amount of things purchasable.

WHAT that part of my statement implied was that if you did want to fritter away real cash on clothing/vanity items, then in LoL you get more bang for your buck, and LoL doesn't even have a sub charge.

I generally know when i've made a pertinent/valid point  when the person fails to adress any of the points i make or simply has no understanding of the situation.

I understand how LoL works, but it's still spending money on a virtual item, there is no difference to me buying this horse than there is to buy a hat in Team Fortress 2 or a skin for a DOTA2 character.

You think that in LoL you get more bang for your buck, but theres probably some guy that doesn't care about character skins but really likes horses, he gets bang for his buck from the flaming horse.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Well done on failing to understand the point of what I wrote or how the comparison of like for like appearance items regarding value for money/amount of things purchasable.

WHAT that part of my statement implied was that if you did want to fritter away real cash on clothing/vanity items, then in LoL you get more bang for your buck, and LoL doesn't even have a sub charge.

I generally know when i've made a pertinent/valid point  when the person fails to adress any of the points i make or simply has no understanding of the situation.

Bang for you buck? no buying a fucking pizza with that $24.99, not some worthless virtual skin.

Originally posted by Four0Six
    Originally posted by wasim470

i really need to ask, why are we ok with buying a mount for 24$, when we already got the game for 50$ and we pay a sub for 15$ a month ?

and please don't tell me you don't have to buy it, i think when i pay them every month and did buy a box i should get all that the game has to offer.

anyone agree with me on this ?

Can i borrow this logic to get some sweet raid gear?...No I have to do the raid and hope for a drop?....but I pay a sub..."I should get all this game has to offer".

Maybe when I go to Disneyland and pay that huge entrance fee I should get to eat and have all the stuffed MickeyMouse dolls I want?

How about when I pay my tuition at college I should get my books for free?

Can i borrow that logic for collge as well? I shouldn't have to go to class or do well in them since I'm paying....

Originally posted by Vhaln

Than don't buy it, whole point of vanity if that if people want it they get if they are willing to pay for it.

I still don't get why everyone throwing such a fit over this? Seriouslly? I doesn't effect game play one bit, its not faster than any of the mounts your already given. Its there for peopel who have too much money to blow it on something, simple as that. Get over it and if you really want one find someone in game who is selling one coz I know there shit tons of people doing it.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by Istavaan

MMorpg's are a scam! anyone who hasn't realised this by now needs to re-evaluate their intelligence. You pay a monthly fee for the future development of an mmo, then they expect you to pay more money for what they have developed even though you are already paying for it every month?..scam.

And yet you are here. On a site that is all about "that scam".

This mount is no different from any other mount that one would buy in any game that sells mounts. Except it's account wide.

The current trend for mmo's is to either be a complete "ftp" with robust cash shop or a sub model with cosmetic items/mount.

So in either case you would be presented wtih the same choices.

More and more mmo's are going this way. If this is shocking or disturbing or perturbing then it seems the choice is clear.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

I can't believe all the attention that TERA is getting about this mount especially on the massively site.

All I can say is this, some players just need to lighten up and really sit back look what you actually complaining about (and as a  adult, really? complaining about 25 dollars where you can easily just walk away, how is this going to kill your experience in game?)

This mount you don't need to buy anyways, you get one at level 11 through questing, so why complain. (imo it's just jealousy)

We have players that are so cheap that surf these websites, most of them must have a limited income and don't want to spend a single dime for game entertainment. Most of these players must just play flash / browser games on their pc and borrow console games for their xbox / ps3  from their friends. *rant off

I am not here to insult players that can't afford this game or it's cash shop, but seriously people, there are more better topics to talk about than complaining about a mount since all game companies are selling mounts in their online shop these days.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor
    Yeah it is a bit steep, but folks on the official forums are surprised that En Masse keeps adding stuff to the Shop. I mean, did people really expect the shop to only have those items they currently have forever and never change a thing?

Even Minea stated today:

"And just a reminder, time is running out to buy the prestige weapon skins. After June 30, they’re gone! Don’t worry, though—we’ve got new items coming soon to help set you apart from the crowd."

People do realize that the point of the cash shop (well one of the points) is to continually add/increase the items they offer or will offer? I mean they might make some items available for a "limited" time, but that can mean having items in/out of a rotation.

Ugh, that's exactly what NCSoft does with their cash shop, with the "limited time only!" crap.

It's a frigging computer game. Everything is 0s and 1s. There's no finite resource required to produce "prestige weapon skins". Once they're created, they could be given to every single character, of every single player and included as a "Welcome to TERA" gift upon character creation from here until the game shuts down, and En Masse would not lose a single red cent from it. Why? Because they're not real items.

So why, then, is "time running out" on the items? So they can create an artificially-driven demand on the items in order to sell more of them.

For the same reason you see "While supplies last!" in TV commercials. Because it creates a false sense of "urgency" in people to believe that "if I don't get this item now, I'll never be able to get it later!". It plays straight into the impulse buyer's mindset.

Ever see those infomercials on late at night? Notice how it's the same one being shown over and over again, and every single time, there's a count-down timer that's supposed to represent "how much time you have left" to get the item they're selling? Same exact thing. You could call those 800 numbers 5 hours after the show's gone off the air, and you can still buy the item. And in fact, they'll be back to show that same exact infomercial, with the same exact count-down timer, the following night. And people will fall for it every time. And once those infomercials have had their run? You'll see them on store shelves under the "as seen on TV" category.

It's bad enough in those cases where they're actually selling physical real-world items that actually are limited by real resources to create. It's even more pathetic when it's 0s and 1s in a video game that require absolutely nothing to reproduce but the code that was already created when the item was first made.

Sadder still that there are enough people who actually buy into it.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Actually I dont like how the sales strategy and marketing tricks did  advance in the last years...and I rather avoid such games in the meanwhile.

You are paying arleady for the box price

You are paying a monthly fee, which actually should all services include

Now they install an additional ingame shop. You can say you dont need to buy anything, but actually alone the methode is not really nice to watch as a customer, especially if you pay a monthly fee already.

It is understandable in which direction the whole genre is marching at the moment, since they achieve with their additional sales methodes a higher turnover. But what a cheek to promote that monthly fees are outdated, it is still the most common type of payment. Well it is outdated for them, because they see how they succeed with new distribution techniques and thats why the Public Relation is beating its drums.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by TangentPoint
    Yeah it is a bit steep, but folks on the official forums are surprised that En Masse keeps adding stuff to the Shop. I mean, did people really expect the shop to only have those items they currently have forever and never change a thing?

Even Minea stated today:

"And just a reminder, time is running out to buy the prestige weapon skins. After June 30, they’re gone! Don’t worry, though—we’ve got new items coming soon to help set you apart from the crowd."

People do realize that the point of the cash shop (well one of the points) is to continually add/increase the items they offer or will offer? I mean they might make some items available for a "limited" time, but that can mean having items in/out of a rotation.

Ugh, that's exactly what NCSoft does with their cash shop, with the "limited time only!" crap.

It's a frigging computer game. Everything is 0s and 1s. There's no finite resource required to produce "prestige weapon skins". Once they're created, they could be given to every single character, of every single player and included as a "Welcome to TERA" gift upon character creation from here until the game shuts down, and En Masse would not lose a single red cent from it. Why? Because they're not real items.

So why, then, is "time running out" on the items? So they can create an artificially-driven demand on the items in order to sell more of them.

For the same reason you see "While supplies last!" in TV commercials. Because it creates a false sense of "urgency" in people to believe that "if I don't get this item now, I'll never be able to get it later!". It plays straight into the impulse buyer's mindset.

Ever see those infomercials on late at night? Notice how it's the same one being shown over and over again, and every single time, there's a count-down timer that's supposed to represent "how much time you have left" to get the item they're selling? Same exact thing. You could call those 800 numbers 5 hours after the show's gone off the air, and you can still buy the item. And in fact, they'll be back to show that same exact infomercial, with the same exact count-down timer, the following night. And people will fall for it every time. And once those infomercials have had their run? You'll see them on store shelves under the "as seen on TV" category.

It's bad enough in those cases where they're actually selling physical real-world items that actually are limited by real resources to create. It's even more pathetic when it's 0s and 1s in a video game that require absolutely nothing to reproduce but the code that was already created when the item was first made.

Sadder still that there are enough people who actually buy into it.

Yeah note that it doesn't say they're gone forever. What they can do (and what a few F2P cash shop games do) is put the items into rotation; whether seasonal or specifically open only during certain times of the year. Like you said all these games as well as everything in them are just a bunch of 0's and 1's. It takes time to create new items/skins/etc. so in most cases they won't just bring them out once.

I think only in very very very specific situations (such as celebrating anniversaries or an expansion tied to an in-game event or what FFXI and other companies have done and held real life events and have given vouchers) will those items be offered only once. Items already placed in an item mall do not fall into either of these so they can easily be put into rotation.

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

$25 so, don't like it don't buy it, man gamer's are such drama queens.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    The Night Mare mount:
    • has riding speed: 280
    • is an “account” item: redeemable for all characters on an account through the Item Claim.
    • is permanent, available starting level one.
    • is not trade-able, sell-able, or discard-able.

The Night Mare mount is available for only a limited time. Get it while you can!

Missed, possibly, the greatest e-marketing bullet point of all:
    • does not sparkle in  any  way.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

25$ a stupid mount? companys are getting crazy??? worse is that actually some guys will spend 25$ on this ....

• EvgireonEvgireon Member Posts: 71
    $25 for a horse that you can ride? That's nothing compared to a monocle for $70-80 that doesn't do anything useful.
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Sorry, but anyone who pays $25 bucks for a virtual horse in a video game needs their head examined....kudos to EME for every sucker they fleece on this item lol....5 or 10 bucks on a nice F2P game, ok...but n a P2P game?! Hahahahaha

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Tera - a Korean MMO so ahead of the curve they had to actually add the itam mall AFTER the game's release.

Awesome!