Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG Players, Where are they now?

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Ehrenfeld, PAPosts: 2,977Member

Went back to Anarchy Online and taking a break from it to play some SWTOR which to me was sorta a let down in the long run (however I really enjoyed my Agent Operative storyline in the game, so not all was lost for me).

Now I am playing TERA and very much enjoying the game (even though I didn't think I would). However with TSW on the horizon, I may be tempted to break away from TERA to try some modern day mmo immersion than a fantasy one.

As everyone stated looks fantastic (I know there wont be lightsabers / tie fighters and rancors :) but it will probably be the closest game to resemble the SWG experience).  I truly hope this game takes off and will be pledging this game shortly.

Chilastra Server 2003 - 2006

• KalafaxKalafax Gainesville, FLPosts: 525Member Uncommon

Playing Diablo 3 waiting for Guild Wars 2

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• ericlatrelleericlatrelle Sullivan BarracksPosts: 176Member
    Originally posted by Amana

Referencing an "other" or trying to use code to discuss topics you can't discuss here is cute, but it doesn't work. Keep discussion to official means. Thanks.

And this right here is why I never come to these forums anymore.

• SephrosSephros Somewhere, CAPosts: 396Member Uncommon
    Hanging in the closet. Autoerotic asphixiated.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• eykosurfeykosurf North Shore, HIPosts: 14Member
    Originally posted by ericlatrelle

And this right here is why I never come to these forums anymore.

Lol, this is a bit ironic :p

Other than World of Warcraft and the semi-annual returns to Eve, I haven't found any MMOs that have kept my attention for more than a few months.  I'm looking forward to The Repopulation, but in the meantime I'll give both The Secret World and Guild Wars 2 a go.

• DarwaDarwa CambridgePosts: 2,184Member Uncommon

Playing EVE whilst waiting for The Secret World to go live. After that, I only have Guild Wars 2 and The Elder Scrolls Online on the horizon.

• SandboxSandbox SwedenPosts: 295Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Amana

Referencing an "other" or trying to use code to discuss topics you can't discuss here is cute, but it doesn't work. Keep discussion to official means. Thanks.

This is so 2005...

I wonder if has discussed this with SOE/LA since the shutdown of SWG?

Edit: On topic, I just went back to Vanguard.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Las Vegas, NVPosts: 1,096Member Common

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,505Member Uncommon

well aint played SWG since it got kileld by the cu and nge..

there have been some good games since... Darkfall and mortal online to name a few.. Just waiting on another godo sandbox to come along now.. so will be playing TSW for the time being..

• AcorniaAcornia Spring Lake, RIPosts: 176Member

Game hopping and have not found one that I want to stay with.  Tried the other Star Wars and found it just not fun to play and have never cared for games with auto/full pvp in them.

So will just hide in the background and see if a game ever comes out that I enjoy playing.

• DarkFailDarkFail moo town, GAPosts: 66Member

Playing better games.

• ktanner3ktanner3 lakeland, FLPosts: 4,074Member Common

Since 2005, tried WOW, Warhammer and Star Trek Online. Currently playing TOR. Keeping an eye on GW2 and The Repopulation. The Repopulation piques my interest the most because the devs seem to want a more player focused and controlled world than what other games have. I really hope they can pull it off. 

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

• thamighty213thamighty213 NewcastlePosts: 1,630Member

Presently not playing or subbed to any MMO.

Playing ME3 to see the new ending having a bit of a mess around on other single player games but havent been gaming much at all opted to get myself fit again after 15 years of smoking and being lazy.  33lbs gained ( I was extremely underweight) and signed up for a biathlon in October so getting there slowly but surely.

• GTwanderGTwander San Diego, CAPosts: 6,035Member

The NGE made me do it!

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• warmaster670warmaster670 Simcoe, ONPosts: 1,384Member

sitting in their basements crying over a gimp game trhats never coming back.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• GTwanderGTwander San Diego, CAPosts: 6,035Member
    Originally posted by warmaster670

sitting in their basements crying over a gimp game trhats never coming back.

Where the fuck do you get off man?!

Some of us don't have basements! We have to cry in our attics and guest houses, Jerk!

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• andypandyrandypandyr chesterPosts: 88Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by GTwander

The NGE made me do it!

Now there's an Idea ... how about a Prison Mmo ! You could have all the SWG Vets as the High security inmates , and then send in all those responsible for the NGE for minor traffic violations ...  :p

• mstrsrevatimstrsrevati St Petersburg, FLPosts: 100Member

We walkl the void, waiting for someone with the creation, cash and fearless attitude to actually make a game so immersive , before the NGE that is.  I've been playing Forsaken World but there's no housing a big plus for my genre of roleplay.  Our entire metropolitis on Dantooine was set up as a real town.  Not just houses that had crap thrown in them.  I had a tailor shop including a handmade sewing machine from other gagets in game.  Our Guild PG or Pulgatory's Glutch was known for role playing and our dance troop "Shades of Hawt" another love of  mine. You can youtube it if the liink  isn't below.  I had just made Jedi the day before the NGE hit, and all of a sudden dozens of jedi roamed the steets, it was sickening.  All that work for nothing, oh you were speical though, you gotto turn blue..whoopie. 

Even with all of that I miss the community, standing in big city shuttle ports talking to people, some rpging some dueling some laughing about a joke etc. Now in games all you do is run around, stuff things in banks and join groups that most the time you don't know. If you make one friend and keep them for more then 4 months that is lucky.  I miss saying hello and people respnding back, or booing at vadars guys and taunting them into a a duel, it was so fun back in the day.  My friend made ships, another weapons and armor, etc, and each building in town was set up as such.  We guarded our shuttle port rp style. People enjoyed it. Thanks for bringing up some good memories.  I did give SWTOR a try, again no housing, no clothes, no nothing to make me feel indiidual really.  Forsaken World is fun, the community is not full of babies like WOW (sorry to say that to those few who aren't but you know it's true) .  Good luck finding a game like swg and if you do, please let us know about it!

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes antioch, ORPosts: 679Member

Just got done with SW:TOR a while back. been testing all the themies. and yes repopulation looks amazing keeping an eye on that one. also archeage and 1 other.

Becoming intrested in GW2 for the simple fact I started out pretty tough on it and with current information i'm interested.

Yeah Nothing comes close to SWG but you have to keep pounding the boards and trying new stuff. some good sandboxes coming that look great. indies have always had me curios. working on a new SWG vet site see sig.

Not much else just trying to enjoy this hobby enjoy the summer when it's not 120 degrees out :)

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Houston, TXPosts: 909Member
    I've been playing the sandboxy strategy game Medieval II Total War (plus mods) for last few years or so. Play a lot of MAME arcades and also ROMs on 8/16-bit emulators (TG16 anyone?). Still enjoy Vanguard, Ever Quest II and even LOTRO sometimes (for what they are). Most of all I enjoy a certain special game - a game that is far, far more complete lately than most of you seem to realize (big time).

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

• GorairGorair Austin, TXPosts: 959Member
    pure console gamer now. Never found anything that came close to the fun and amazing times i had during  my SWG days...

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• ignore_meignore_me Apple Valley, CAPosts: 1,987Member
    Pissed off

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• tman5tman5 mesa, ALPosts: 604Member

The fact is, SWG HAS ruined MMOs for me.  I've tried numerous games since SWG and never stayed with any more than a month.  None gave me the pleasure Pre-NGE, buggy, incomplete SWG did.  Instead of enjoying what I can do in those games, I keep noticing the things I CAN'T do and got annoyed.

Yeah, this is my problem.  But it also means I got pocket full of dollars no other developer has been willing to wrestle from me.  The gauntlet is still on the ground, boys and girls.

• LifeEnderLifeEnder Plano, ILPosts: 45Member
    Waiting for Guild wars 2 . Played LOTRO for quite awhile both during the NGE and after SWGs closing. Tried The Old Republic to 50 , WORST GAME EVER .
  • iMaterialiMaterial StockholmPosts: 4Member
    Tried a few mmos along the way but thing would ever make be play a min of WoW, SWTOR (insert generic game here). It's just that a game should pick up where SWG left off, but nothing has so, it's an easy choise. :)