Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Explain your opinion

15678911»

Comments

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683
    Originally posted by mayito7777

LOL I am waaaay pass 45, lol, it is hard for me (I am a tipical tank player) toi figure out all these jump around, double tap to dodge when at the same time I am healing and attacking, my eye and hands coordination conflict with each other, lol now on the other hand if I could macro jump, heal, dodge, attack in one key I would be fine, but that is not the case.

I played the beta and between looking for the dodge key and the heal key and move and jump and attack, poof dead, I died so many times I ran out of money.

It is hard for old brains to get use to the new tank that is as fragile as a 4000 years old egyptian mummy, a tank that needs to run and dodge like a typical rogue and trying to figure out where the mob is at the same time. Those mobs move very fast, and they carry a powerful arsenal of spells and DPS casts

If the bar will allow the player to have more stuff on it, maybe 1-10 and another bar for other stuff maybe would not be that hard, but right now the UI bar is the same as GW1, you have very limited amount of skils to use at one particular time, you need to switch, change, change weapon all in one key, and on top of that a mob punching you like Mohamed Ali. The amount of damage is way too much, they need to nerf the amount of damage caused by the mobs per hit, not in total, but per hit. So the players can develop and use all the skills available to them..

Two things.

1) I know a grandmother that can kick my ass in Smash Brothers Brawl. So don't blame the fact that quicker paced games aren't for you on age. They just aren't for you. 

2) You know there's no tanks in this game right? Oh wait you're looking for a tank...and looking for a UI with 85 abilities on it..and you want damage knocked down so you can stand there toe to toe with the monsters. What I'm hearing from this is "I want a game more like WoW". Am I wrong?

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

I knew that some fanboi would immediately post its sarcastic garbage attitude.  I am saying what I am experiencing myself, it is hard for old men to get use to jump like a freaking ram to avoid getting hit by a mob that is moving 300 mph around you, I have tried to lock on them and before I can even cast one of my skills or attacks the mob is already behind me kicking my butt with some darn powerful attacks, when I managed to land a blow is like I am hitting them with feathers. Dodge is limited you can use only twice, so you cannot use it all the time.

So how is this easy for old players whose reflects and reflexes are not as sharp as those of teenager kids?

The title of this topic is express your opinion and that is what I am doing without resolving to attack anyone and what do I get, nothing but attacks, you are criticizing WoW and other games out there but you have the same sorry ass attitude as those players whom you are cfriticizing.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427
    Originally posted by Elesthor
    Originally posted by itgrowls

Here are two of my other favorite idiotic statements about the game....

Too much Hype.

Pay to Win cash shop.

Both of which are completely false as well.

the game is overhyped like its the second coming  of Jesus. A). What is implied to me when someone makes this statement?

That doesn't mean the game is bad, but Its one of the most hyped online games of the last few years mostly by its fans, albeit Anet isnt completely innocent. B). Does the game deserve the excitement / hype it is giving? Are the fans and Anet guilty of something?

TL/DR

A). The overhyped and second coming of jesus comments.(facepalm)  What this statement implies to me is that the game doesn't deserve the excitement / hype the players or Anet are giving it and it might not to you.  Some how what everyone is excited about, and or hyping is not accurate and is actually false promotion. Meaning nobody has actually tested the promised mechanics and or game to prove the hype / excitement wrong...  This is innacurate in regards to ANET and Guild Wars 2.

B).  It is the mosted Hyped game in years. For good reason and as I indicated in the first response if the hype or excitement that this game has caused is giving unrealistic expectations by falsifying mechanics or other things about the game then I'd say someone is guilty of over hype.   Anet promised a game with certain mechanics and if you review as well as research the game and these mechanics and or realistically test them yourself without false expectations then you could possibly see they delivered therefor making the fans extremely excited giving tremendous amounts of deserved hype.

All connotations of Over-ly anything is negative and implies that which ever is being discussed is not deserving. Overlyhyped overly exaggerated or overdone, therefor indicate what I'm explaining.  Throwing on the second coming of jesus comment seems just to be a silly attempt at being clever, yet mocks and indicates that you also don't think its deserving of the excitement the fans / Anet are giving it therefor in so many words saying that its false hype and undeserving.

After so many games being actually "overhyped", falsley hyped, and having undeserved hype by their developers and then some consumers following blindly causes an unrealistic expectation of the game thus earning the "overhyped" title and in the end failing because people can eventually prove the "overhyped" game doesn't provide what was promised. 

Anet has allowed their hype to be tested, video'ed and widely publicised.  There is a reason they are so willing to be open and urge you to tell your friends about your experience within their game, why? Because they are excited about what their game provides, expectations that a lot of gamers want realized.  The hype and or excitement of these expectations being tested and being met by gamers, I personally feel that Anet / Guild Wars 2 deserves the excitement / hype that it is getting.

All that I said above is denoting that realistic expectations are needed when it comes to receiving the information about Guild Wars 2 prior to experiencing the game.  If you expect something different then what Anet has promised then you most likely will believe that the expectations are overlyhyped.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

I knew that some fanboi would immediately post its sarcastic garbage attitude.  I am saying what I am experiencing myself, it is hard for old men to get use to jump like a freaking ram to avoid getting hit by a mob that is moving 300 mph around you, I have tried to lock on them and before I can even cast one of my skills or attacks the mob is already behind me kicking my butt with some darn powerful attacks, when I managed to land a blow is like I am hitting them with feathers. Dodge is limited you can use only twice, so you cannot use it all the time.

So how is this easy for old players whose reflects and reflexes are not as sharp as those of teenager kids?

The title of this topic is express your opinion and that is what I am doing without resolving to attack anyone and what do I get, nothing but attacks, you are criticizing WoW and other games out there but you have the same sorry ass attitude as those players whom you are cfriticizing.

I disagree with you.

My dad (age 63) can still kick my ass in mario kart (req relfexes) on the nintendo. Maybe its hard for you, and that's fine, nothing wrong with that; but just because you're having issues does not mean all other older men are having the same issues. Its like saying all young players are good at playing video games; to great of a generalization. Some people are naturally good at things, others become good through hard work & practice, and others simply will never become good; just a fact of life.

Can't speak for others, but I myself am not attacking you as a person, I'm attacking your false and incorrect assumption that all older men are having the same issues as you are; by simply assuming that they are all the same as you. If you had some reliable research that backed your assumption then that would be different (not by much though). Simply stating sweeping generalizations without any proof, though an opinion, is a poor opinion, and most likely wrong.

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

Well, I see a couple things that mighthelp you out.

1. I suggest playing ranged not melee.  It seems easier for a lot of people.
    2. tanking isn't feasible in this game, but that role of keeping damage off of you and your fruiends can be done through using crowd control effects.  Ranged characters can have these crowd control abilities.
    3. maintain a distance from your enemies.  You can fight while moving, which is something that most people had to get use to.
    4. MOST IMPORTANT: rebind the keys to make the game work for you.  If you are having trouble finding buttons when you need them, rebind them.
    Even if you still can't get use to it, at least you tried the game out and made that decision for yourself.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

I know however, aside from spitting vitriol, I haven't heard a response from you.

Your last post before this one mentioned the following things:

1) You wanted a tank to be able to tank

2) you wanted mobs to do much less damage per hit, so someone could stand there and take a few hits.

3) You wanted far more buttons, several rows in fact, on the UI.

All of these sound like features more commonly found on a standard wow-type game. Is that, in fact, the kind of game you want?

Will you answer my question, or just accuse me of attacking you?

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by terrant

LOL I am waaaay pass 45, lol, it is hard for me (I am a tipical tank player) toi figure out all these jump around, double tap to dodge when at the same time I am healing and attacking, my eye and hands coordination conflict with each other, lol now on the other hand if I could macro jump, heal, dodge, attack in one key I would be fine, but that is not the case.

I played the beta and between looking for the dodge key and the heal key and move and jump and attack, poof dead, I died so many times I ran out of money.

It is hard for old brains to get use to the new tank that is as fragile as a 4000 years old egyptian mummy, a tank that needs to run and dodge like a typical rogue and trying to figure out where the mob is at the same time. Those mobs move very fast, and they carry a powerful arsenal of spells and DPS casts

If the bar will allow the player to have more stuff on it, maybe 1-10 and another bar for other stuff maybe would not be that hard, but right now the UI bar is the same as GW1, you have very limited amount of skils to use at one particular time, you need to switch, change, change weapon all in one key, and on top of that a mob punching you like Mohamed Ali. The amount of damage is way too much, they need to nerf the amount of damage caused by the mobs per hit, not in total, but per hit. So the players can develop and use all the skills available to them..

Two things.

1) I know a grandmother that can kick my ass in Smash Brothers Brawl. So don't blame the fact that quicker paced games aren't for you on age. They just aren't for you. 

2) You know there's no tanks in this game right? Oh wait you're looking for a tank...and looking for a UI with 85 abilities on it..and you want damage knocked down so you can stand there toe to toe with the monsters. What I'm hearing from this is "I want a game more like WoW". Am I wrong?

In lack of other quick-to-access source I quote a wiki section in the page about "Eye–hand_coordination":

Aging

Impairments to eye-hand coordination have been shown to occur in older adults, especially during high velocity and precise movements. This has been attributed to the general degeneration of the brain’s cortex, resulting in a loss of the ability to compute visual inputs and relate them to hand movements.[10] However, while older adults tend to take more time for these sorts of tasks, they are still able to remain just as accurate as younger adults, but only if the additional time is taken.

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by Nitth

There's no relationship with surrounding players, You can do as little or as much as you like, and like wise other people can do the same. there is no "loyalty" or responsibility in this scenario. for example if someone falls in battle there is no reason or responsibility for a person to help to "revive" them like you would in a traditional group where you feel you part of a kinship.

I know I'm doing it wrong, but I feel the need anyways.

I know its purely anecdotal(granted it is anecdotal across 3 different servers) but, I have seen more resing in this game than in any other. Since anyone can res EVERYONE does res, since anyone helping you kill does not detract from your credit, only increases your abilities.

Originally posted by tordurbar

5) no healer - yes the elementalist can heal but not so much. I play a healer in most other mmos. Although GW2 cries out for a healer no such luck. I almost get angry at the Norn quest fighting the big shaman at the frozen lake. So many players dying. Yes I do battle rez as much as I can but that is no subsitute for keeping another player alive.

Just a point, Warriors and guardians can both be healers...

Warriors actually look like awesome healers, on paper at least. Didn't get a chance to try that build yet.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by Mors-Subita

5) no healer - yes the elementalist can heal but not so much. I play a healer in most other mmos. Although GW2 cries out for a healer no such luck. I almost get angry at the Norn quest fighting the big shaman at the frozen lake. So many players dying. Yes I do battle rez as much as I can but that is no subsitute for keeping another player alive.

Warriors actually look like awesome healers, on paper at least. Didn't get a chance to try that build yet.

I can't tell you how many times I decided to sit back and play healer on my elementalist during the BWEs because people kept dying in the DEs.

Well....actually, probably like 10 times....I mean the weekends aren't really all that long, and I work. Still though, I played healer quite a bit :P

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Huggmuth

The game is just another themepark MMO, nothing special.

^^x 100 

[mod edit]

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

Originally posted by Kaneth
    Originally posted by Mors-Subita

I can't tell you how many times I decided to sit back and play healer on my elementalist during the BWEs because people kept dying in the DEs.

Well....actually, probably like 10 times....I mean the weekends aren't really all that long, and I work. Still though, I played healer quite a bit :P

I don't know... I didn't really need a dedicated healer during the weekend...

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by ZigZags
    Originally posted by Huggmuth

The game is just another themepark MMO, nothing special.

^^x 100 

[mod edit]

You realize that every game that you've listed as 'played' is either a themepark, high fantasy or both......

I may give you SB and UO as not being either, but I think that's arguable.

edit: I wonder why the mod's took that out......