Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets play EQ2!

MizzmoMizzmo Member UncommonPosts: 133

Lets play Everquest 2 together! The idea is we make characters together and just play through the game together. I know other stuff has been posted along these lines in this forum.  We decide on a time to play every day and run a full group that is balanced so that we can do dungeons. Also, using voice chat in game would be great as well as using an IM to keep in touch or email.

It's a free game, and it's good. Anyone up for it? if we can get 6 people to commit, we can talk about classes and such. Let me know! My steam name is eZach for anyone who wants to contact me quickly.

Also,  since this is for fun, you can spec your character however you wish. If you want to be a DPS zerker it's ok. :)

I am in Central Time and my play times are pretty open.

Be sure to contact me if you want to do this. It may be starting soon.

************UPDATE*********************** 6/27/12

I am posting players times as Central time to keep it smooth

model192 - 1 or 3pm to 9pm and 11pm to whenever. **Also has TS3 server for us to use for communication.

Hartz -7pm until whenever

Spurlock - 8-9pm until 12-1am

Dauntsilver - any time up till 11pm

Gajolmand - pretty much 24/7

I believe there was one other person wanted to get involved. I will try to find who it was. Getting messages on here and steam from folks so trying my best to throw this together so we can get it going!

****After we get a time set up we will talk about classes.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%UPDATE 2%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Hey guys. Update time!

I am in the hospital currently and am very sick. I have to have surgery on my pancreas so I don't believe I can do the EQ2 group at this time. I have my laptop here with me in the hospital but have gotten really sick. Maybe the rest of you can get something going. Again, sorry.

Comments

• gajolmandgajolmand Member CommonPosts: 29

found ya just now, dont know why i couldnt before, anyway accept friend request

• coldandnumbcoldandnumb Member CommonPosts: 90

I would be into this idea if we can set it up. I'm on the east coast u.s.a. and have always enjoyed eq2. I have an empty guild except for my characters that everyone could join on oasis server but I'm willing to start fresh with a new character and guild also. I''ve always been locked out of most of the group content due to lack of people to play with and I would very much like to see an idea such as the op's work out. I'll watch this thread and see if anything happens.

• MizzmoMizzmo Member UncommonPosts: 133

Let me also say I am in Central Time. My play times are pretty open except for past 1am CST.

• dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by Mizzmo

Let me also say I am in Central Time. My play times are pretty open except for past 1am CST.

I too am Central time. I was going to start one of these groups for Fallen Earth, but unfortunately my Intel HD graphics card couldnt handle it.. I'm pretty sure EQ2 will run on my laptop though, so I'm in!

Im good for any time up until 11pm CST.

dauntSilver, do you use Steam or any kind of IM? 

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I would be in favour of a static group in this game, but I'm in the UK...

Anyhow, there is this thread already going on, throw your vote to EQ2 there and you might get action

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/354144/page/1 

• HarttzHarttz Member Posts: 91

I would be interested in this as well.  I have been trying out various F2P games but I find that I just don't enjoy leveling by myself.  I tried EQ2 and got a little bored with leveling by myself and quit.  I thought it was the game but then the same thing happened in Aion and I realized I just prefer the social parts of the game more than questing.

I usually play healers in MMOs so that is probably what I would look to roll.  (Probably contributes to why I don't like questing, I am just a support-type player by nature I guess.)

I have a mic for VC but I don't really IM much.  I have Steam but I am not on there much but you can add me anyway (Hartz).  I will keep an eye on this thread too.

There are a lot of Hartz on steam. Just add me. eZach.

dauntSilver, do you use Steam or any kind of IM? 

no i do not. D:

Originally posted by Vesavius

I would be in favour of a static group in this game, but I'm in the UK...

Anyhow, there is this thread already going on, throw your vote to EQ2 there and you might get action

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/354144/page/1 

Any word on when they are going to start? I saw that thread and voted.. then the thread just kind of sat there for another week.

• coldandnumbcoldandnumb Member CommonPosts: 90

It seems that the other thread  of "let's play together" has basically ground to a halt so at least currently it doesn't look like anything is going to come of it. I have tried to hook up with people from this site to play various mmo's at least 6 times and it has never worked with the groups lasting between a few day to a few weeks at the most. If you guys are definitely serious about eq2 I would like to tag along once you definitely decide on server and such and so long as you don't intend to go hardcore with any sort of mandatory hours or grouping. I would like to experience a lot more of the group content in eq2 but I really don't want to group 100% of the time either. I like to be able to do my own thing as the mood strikes me.

Another person has decided to join and they have a TS3 server we can use if so desired. That puts us up to 4 or 5. Everyone who wants to do this List the times you can play so we can work this out. I really want it to work!

• spurlock999spurlock999 Member Posts: 19

I would like to play EQ2.  Can play after 9-10pm EST until about 1-2am EST.

I can play generally after 8pm EDT until whenever.  Sometimes I can play earlier but I would rather not.  Which days of the week doesn't really matter but I don't necessarily want to play every night.

Just updated the Original post.

• largrettalargretta Member UncommonPosts: 12

I would like to play too!

my times are 9am-9pm EST (1hour ahead)

i prefeer healer class though =3

• Model192Model192 Member UncommonPosts: 62

I'm in, i have the TS3 btw

Any idea when we want to get this going?

• rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428

With the changes coming this summer and updates to leveless BGs I am up for dusting off EQ2 for some fun.

After doing some quick  estimated population counts this morning using /who, it looks like the Freeport server is the most active with 50-80% more population of any other server even Antonia B.

I can play weekdays 7:00pm - 11:00 EST and have more flexibilty on weekends.

• SilverbarrSilverbarr Member Posts: 306

I may be up for this, only issue is I'm an EU player and therefore I'm not sure if that would be useful? :)

M

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter

• rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428

Is there a proposed date when this group could start up ?

Just curious,  if we are waiting on the next GU release.

Hey guys. Update time!

I am in the hospital currently and am very sick. I have to have surgery on my pancreas so I don't believe I can do the EQ2 group at this time. I have my laptop here with me in the hospital but have gotten really sick. Maybe the rest of you can get something going. Again, sorry.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Hey guys. Update time!

sorry to hear this. looks like a great idea you guys have.

but more importantly, i hope you get to feeling better.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse