Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wish they would make Eve more accesible. God

Comments

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Belarion

Like don't they know that most of us just want to log in and start having fun? We just want to kill mobs and each other. What is with the heavy emphasis on learning all the ships and intricate details of the game? Talk about a barrier to entry, no wonder this game came no where near WoW in epic funness not to mention subscribers.

First thing they should do is make some sort of quest-like progression so I can hit max level and get to the end game and the pvp.

Second, they should make it F2P so that the game gets a bunch more players and becomes a whole lot more fun.

This game was not made for you, move along now!

• BelarionBelarion Member Posts: 570
    Originally posted by NorseGod
    Originally posted by Sentime
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

Ladies and gentlemen. Please... No need to argue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMK8ID4RLZQ

You're welcome.

Quite harsh and definitely makes Eve seem not very fun.

Eve is a thinking mans game.  The instant gratification people don't do well.

Im a really skilled video game player. I challenge anyone saying I'm "instant gratification" type to take me on in MW3 or pvp in WoW!

Whoa! We better back off guys. He plays WoW.

Hey hey hey. Lets not be snarky here.

I also play Flight Simulators, Marvel vs Capcom, NHL and FIFA etc. So my videogame resume is very diversified.

I love snails.
    I love every kinda snail.
    I just want to hug them all, but I cant.
    Cant hug every snail.

Originally posted by Istavaan

Like don't they know that most of us just want to log in and start having fun? We just want to kill mobs and each other. What is with the heavy emphasis on learning all the ships and intricate details of the game? Talk about a barrier to entry, no wonder this game came no where near WoW in epic funness not to mention subscribers.

First thing they should do is make some sort of quest-like progression so I can hit max level and get to the end game and the pvp.

Second, they should make it F2P so that the game gets a bunch more players and becomes a whole lot more fun.

Arent you a cheerful lad.

As you see in the thread a lot of people agree that Eve suffers from some barriers to entrry that keep it from being a true success.

I love snails.
    Cant hug every snail.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Originally posted by Istavaan

Arent you a cheerful lad.

As you see in the thread a lot of people agree that Eve suffers from some barriers to entrry that keep it from being a true success.

The purpose of barriers are to keep unwanted things out.

"EvE suffers". lol

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

There's more people saying it shouldn't change than saying it should. And quoting MW3 and WoW as a testiment to your skill does not exempt you from the instant gratification crowd, it confirms it.

Your arguments are weak and your inability to grasp that EVE is not designed to be the kind of game you're looking for just proves you're trolling now. Anyone with even the slightest hint of intelligence would realise that this game isn't going to change and that you need to move on.

That may be harsh but tbh I'm sick of this BS you're constantly spouting about wanting to make everyone happy and conforming to MMO standards. You're just being annoying now. EVE isn't for you. Accept it. Now go away.

This thread should be locked, it makes about as much sense as tits on Tarzan.

Originally posted by jmcdermottuk

There's more people saying it shouldn't change than saying it should. And quoting MW3 and WoW as a testiment to your skill does not exempt you from the instant gratification crowd, it confirms it.

Your arguments are weak and your inability to grasp that EVE is not designed to be the kind of game you're looking for just proves you're trolling now. Anyone with even the slightest hint of intelligence would realise that this game isn't going to change and that you need to move on.

That may be harsh but tbh I'm sick of this BS you're constantly spouting about wanting to make everyone happy and conforming to MMO standards. You're just being annoying now. EVE isn't for you. Accept it. Now go away.

Right lock up the threads of those with conflicting points of views from your own.

Obviously, the playerbase of Eve itself, is a detriment to new people who just want to enjoy a new game. Thank god games like this are a thing of the past.

I love snails.
    Cant hug every snail.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Originally posted by jmcdermottuk

Right lock up the threads of those with conflicting points of views from your own.

Obviously, the playerbase of Eve itself, is a detriment to new people who just want to enjoy a new game. Thank god games like this are a thing of the past.

I'm not saying lock up a thread due to a difference of opinion, I'm saying lock up a thread because it's turned into trolling, if it wasn't that to begin with. Plenty of people have tried to explain why CCP have made EVE the way it is but you seem determined to ignore what is obvious.

I even tried to explain it myself very politely a few pages back. And I don't even play EVE so don't blame the playerbase. I tried EVE and left for reasons that are nothing to do with learning curves or lack of quests or "end game" but that doesn't mean the game design should change. It targets a niche, specific audience, as intented by CCP. It's their game and they will develop it as they want to, regardless of how you or anyone else wants them to. Get over it.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Bumping this up to a 7/10, quality went up due to a solid effort by the OP.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

EVE is anything but a new game.

Quit demanding they NGE it.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• KetengeKetenge Member CommonPosts: 4

The kind of game I can think of is an old classic I wish would have gone and made the second installment of which is JumpGate. Which for a while was a great game but I guess some how it lost in the end which to me really sucked. Like you said though in the first post, didn't bother reading the rest so sorry for the rest of you, was an excellent twitch game.

Originally posted by Kyleran

It's all about honing the talent, with practice, to a knife blades sharpness.  I know I have a long ways to go though.

Thanks for the levels up! I really tried.

I love snails.
    Cant hug every snail.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

If you think EvE should be more like the golden standard WoW then you really don't know what kind of game EvE is trying to be. 

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

I just wanted to say that I had faith in Belarion even when others doubted him. And he came through against opposition and justified that faith in his ability to make people mad.

Truly, this is what makes EVE players great.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

WOW is the OP asking them to dumb down eve?

The OP is everything that si wrong with modern MMORPGs... please for the sake of MMORPGs go away..

• ronpackronpack Member Posts: 138

If they make Eve like WoW, I would quit playing...

Eve is fine just the way it is.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

@OP

Just find yourself a game that suits YOU better.

Not all games have to modified to cater for YOUR taste.

I think CCP know what happened to SWG population after SOE made it more accesible with NGE.

Game lost huge amount of population almost overnight and never recovered.

Thing is not all games have to be accesible.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

It's all about honing the talent, with practice, to a knife blades sharpness.  I know I have a long ways to go though.

Thanks for the levels up! I really tried.

NP, you just have to be careful not to lay it on too thick in the early going, makes it too obvious.  With your current approach this could easily be a 10 page thread soon. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

NP, you just have to be careful not to lay it on too thick in the early going, makes it too obvious.  With your current approach this could easily be a 10 page thread soon. image

It already is 10 page thread hah

Though as for forum PvP I don't see lasting appeal in this certain topic though.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

You have black prophecy if you want to play  space sim. Eve should be like it is now, well maybe shorter time for learning skills because 30 days for  Battleship V is little to much

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by Aeolron
    Originally posted by wickymagee

Or maybe they could just keep developing the game that's been alive since the early 2000's and has a solid (if not enormous) player base. If you want a space game to hit level cap fast play star trek online (it's even free so when you decide you hate it because it's not WoW you're out nothing).  If you want WoW play WoW, otherwise shut up and put effort in to something for once in your life.

Ya know, there's no need to insult the guy, it's people like you that give this genre a bad name, grow up

It's actually the other way around I'm afraid.

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275

I would love to enjoy EVE, i would love to get good with it. But as for you the game is to hard for me. And seeing i lack the time needed to invest i will never be able to enjoy is as i would love to enjoy it.

However, this does not mean i want the game to be easyer. EVE is great cause of what it is. And one of the last games out there that still forces people to invest time and work hard to get what you want. To many games are way to easy, both offline as online games. MMORPG's are a joke, you reach the highest lvl in a few weeks. Singleplayer games are so much hand holding that by the time it gets a bit of a challenge the game is over already. There is no satisfaction to be gained from that.

EVE has a massive crowd that loves EVE for what it is. If they make it easyer they might get a lot more players who wanna enjoy the game but find it to hard now. But they will lose their core fans. And seeing how easy people jump from one MMO to another these days i think EVE has a strong strategy. THeir fans will keep playing, they won't jump ship for another more flashyer MMO to play for another 2 months. If they would do that they will face the same problems as AoC, SWToR, etc...becomming free to play cause none one wants to play anymore.

Also F2P doesn't make a game more fun. How would it be more fun? Infact if a game goes F2P for me it means the end of a game cause the game gets flooded with people who wanna play games but not wanna support the devs and ruin the enitre community of that game. No EVE online should stay as it is. Even though it means i can't enjoy it, thats just a shame for me, but i rather see people who love the game and been supporting it for years play that game than seeing people like me who will at most play it for a few months before moving on.

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Originally posted by Malcanis

6.5/10 not bad, you pressed the right buttons, but it's lacking in emotion, which made it just too obvious. Points added because you got a couple of bites even so.

Too generous as always Malcanis, no more than a 5/10 as he wasn't able to sustain the momentem generated in the early going.

A mans got to sleep. sheesh

Anywho, I don't know what you guys are talking about Im just trying to enjoy an MMO. Isnt that what they are for? Enjoyment? If Eve can start bringing in money like WoW, think about all those people having fun then.

I dont want to toot my own horn or anything but I kinda feel like the Jesus of MMOs. Im just trying to bring the light of MMO Standards Missionary to the rest of the world and you Romans are jumping down my throat like Im a ni-je-fa,like im a second class citizen.

You know what? You can crucify me now! But just wait! MMO standards will rise again!

Okay i just posted, but i only now saw this message. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! You don't get it do you? It isn't about you! You know what the problem is with your kind of gamer.....you people are lame! Sorry but thats the only thing that can be said. 10  years ago you where a nerd if you played video games, and than it suddenly became the hip thing to do. With that many games got dumbed down. Tactical Shooters that where really hard suddenly became insanely easy and wheren't tactical at all anymore, just so people like you could feel cool that they played a tactical game. People like you destroyed gaming as it used to be. Games used to be for people who didn't mind retrying the hard parts, people who loved to invest time in their hobby.

It used to be a accomplishement to complete a game. You where the cool kid ammong your friends for completing a certain game cause it was really hard. Then the mainstream gamer discovered gaming 10 years ago and publishers listened to their plee to make games easyer and shorter cause otherwise they can't complete games and it would be more fun if they could no? NOOOOO ITS FREAKING NOT cause you removed the orriginal crow just for your own pleasing. Its like 1700's where we Europeans came to countries around the world and took the land from the locals back than. It never belonged to us but hell we took it anyway and suddenly we made the choices and decisions for those countries.

You compare yourself to jesus among gamers? Well you be lucky that we may not discus religion on this forum cause i as none religiouse person can only say that im glad you see me as a roman jumping on you and use you as second hand citizen. Cause frankly you are. You come to a game that was never meant for you, and you demand it changes cause you think that is better. You would play it only for a month before you hop to another game and don't care one bit if EVE is destroyed as long as you had a fun month no? You think you bring light to the MMO genre. WAKE UP!!! Really kid, wake up! MMORPG's already are as you want it to be, but it doesn't satisfy you anymore so you want it to be even less. Here is a idea for you, go pay for your character so you end up with a highest lvl fully geared character and can only focus on the end game. You don't wanna work for your game yet you blame devs for being lazy. You are just fed up with MMO's i think. There is no shame in that i have those times as well. But don't blame the games for it, and don't speak bs about how it would be better for a game. Cause your type of gamer never been good for games, your type has destroyed entire genre's and are the reason we pay 60 euro for a pc game with only 5 hours gameplay. Dragon Age 2 also listened to your type of gamer and see the result, a broken mess of a RPG that doesn't appeal to the core base and the lost of many fans to future Dragon Age games.

Yeah im fed up with that. I played games before the mainstream became the most important group to please. Yeah they bring in the money, but money doesn't make a game better. A great devoted community does for a MMO. And i rather see only 1000 players who are devoted to a MMORPG than 7 million who can only start arguements, speak l33t talk on the chat channels and people who don't even know how to play their characters cause they didn't take the time to learn how to play and cry and shout it needs to be easyer so we again end up with another boring run fest and seeing those who cried the loudest leave for a new game anyway cause they are bored with it.

Should games only be for the hardcore player? No not at all. But right now everything is only aimed for the mainstream gamer. Rainbow six used to be hard, you needed to play it right. Clear a building could take a long time, just to be one shot at the last moment so you had to start all over again...and you loved it. It was a learning experience! Now you can take a few bullets and only have to redo from the last checkpoint. There needs to be a balance again. Offering games for all kind of gamers. And if that means the mainstream gamer feels left out so be it. They can learn how to play the game or just play the million of other games that are made for them. Games shouldn't always be dumbed down to appeal to a kind of gamer that never planned to invest some time to learn and get skills. Oh and don't come with "yeah no hardcore games, what do you think of Dark souls huh?" THATS JUSt ONE GAME!!! ONE GAME IN THE POOL OF THOUSANDS!!!!! And its not extremely hard, its how games used to be.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

Course Im serious. Just trying to do my part and make the world a better palce.

Skip to 1.10 

If the OP is a troll, he's defenatly more original than 90% of the other ones on this site.

If not a troll (despite how hard it is too believ), OP, EVE shouldn't do the things you say. The entire as been running as it is for years now, and been doing fine. It's just not the game for you. The changes you ask have to do with the core fundimentals of the game. It's like asking an RTS to become less complicated and more action/FPS oriented.

EVE's formula as allowed it to become what it is today. It's just not going to happen.

• Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522

Personally I think CCP could make a small fortune (again..) by:

a) Leave Tranquility alone!  The people there like things the way they are.  It's too hardcore for my available game time and what not, but hey thems the breaks.  Don't fix if it isn't broken.

b) Start another server, only soften up the rule a bit.  Make a mirror copy of EvE Online, but take a step towards the carebear side of things for the people that simply can't handle this game in it's purest form.  

This way the hardcore types can continue raping each other at their leisure, and the more casual gamers can still experience EvE without all the elitest bullshit from an already dominated game.

• RodentofdoomRodentofdoom Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by wickymagee

Or maybe they could just keep developing the game that's been alive since the early 2000's and has a solid (if not enormous) player base. If you want a space game to hit level cap fast play star trek online (it's even free so when you decide you hate it because it's not WoW you're out nothing).  If you want WoW play WoW, otherwise shut up and put effort in to something for once in your life.

Harsh! Jeez lighten up. I just dont want to be sitting around looking for something to do. I want some fast paced action.

Take up Motocross

Nothing wrong with eve tbh ... It's different to other mainstream mmo's

but its still FULL of grind .......