Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stress test tomorrow, what will you do?

13»

Comments

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I found sPvP a really good way to learn about a class and see if it appeals to you.

+ you get some awesome new looks.

For this stress test, I'll probably have a look at the mesmer and / or ranger, as those classes interest me, but I didn't play em yet. Might also continue with my highest level char (guardian) though, not sure yet.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Hrm... what to do... 4 hours isn't much and you can't rely on the servers being 100% in a stress test, so...

Gathering, and exploring as I go, and crafting really.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    Originally posted by Kidon

Going to skip this one, i have to see my country defeating Spain and going to the Euro Final.

hahaha GL with that :P spain!!!!

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I'll be having a mess around on the Engineer in sPvP to get a feel for it, it's needed for our Tourny team and no one is playing it so far. There's not really enough time for much else.

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by steeler989
    Originally posted by Vutar

Nothing. I don't see much point in playing an mmo for a few hours. I'll wait until the next BWE to play again.

This is to help them see how the servers will run. Not just to play for 4 hours.

I am sure they would love it if you would help them out.

When I am invited to beta I am more then willing to help out. I file lots of detailed bug reports and try different things.

But GW2 i have paid for. I have done my bug reports in previous BWEs. I have participated in a previous 1 day stres test to help them out. I won't be logging on for this event to get excited about the game I won't be able to play. 

I do understand that its still beta and that I am not entitled to anything until release. I understand that they are working towards making the game better, and I am happy for that. All I am saying is that I am gonna sit this one out.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Will probably try out new classes a bit (engineer and elementalist) to get a feel over them (they both are supposed to be amazing but I only show them in videos or read about them or heard from my collegue instead of testing them myself).

Another thing I might be doing is trying some WvsWvsW a little bit with one of my other 3 characters (ranger, necro or mesmer ^_^).

Have fun everyone! :)

• escarretaescarreta Member Posts: 99
    Originally posted by Skuall
    Originally posted by Kidon

Going to skip this one, i have to see my country defeating Spain and going to the Euro Final.

hahaha GL with that :P spain!!!!

Sorry Spain will loose we are the strongest

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

I'm skipping it. I'm going to be skipping every BWE as well. I played the first and thats enough for me. It was enough to know I will get my money out of the box price. So at this point I will simply wait untill launch so its more fresh and will take longer for me to burn out on it.

• WhiteD2012WhiteD2012 Member Posts: 18

I wish i had the strength not to play any strees test's or BWE's :-D

Ill be trying hard not to play the Engineer because thats the class ill play at release.

Maybe ill try the ranger.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

I'll try the music playlists again, see if they improved the system. I will be focusing my attention on Portugal vs Spain so anything more intense won't be easy.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

I'll probably log in and walk around a little bit while my wife puts the baby to sleep for his afternoon nap, then go back to work and check forums and fume because I can't play.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by heartless
    Originally posted by Dfix
    Originally posted by wrightstuf

playing TSW

Is it F2P yet?

possibly. at least its not vaporware

No, they will release it whether it's ready or not. Smart guys they got working there.

lol, yea. all the smart guys are waiting for a game that they'll be playing, uh...when was that release date?

It's a great feeling knowing GW2 is so great that the only thing other fanbois can troll about is a release date.

I give them 2 months. Once they realize that TSW has nothing going for it besides the setting and the story, it'll be SWTOR all over again. Only with a lot more tears this time due to lifetime sub purchases.

[mod edit]

Myself, i'll enjoy all games, including GW2 and TSW. I have no delusional beliefs that themepark mmorpgs have limited amont of content and get boring, like almost evert video game there is. If i can get 2-3 months out of any of them (mostly you can), i'm all goood and come back when there's new content. I don't go "OMG GW2 is so awesome that i can't enjoy other crappy mmos and it will be my personall saviour" only to come back and cry on forums 3 months later.

And btw, i do agree that buying a LTS for TSW is a very, very risky move that i don't recomend, but if GW2 did have a sub and offered LTS as well, i wouldn't say buying it would be a smart decision either.

EDIT: I'm not going to play GW2 tomorrow, nor TSW, sincei don't buy games at launch.

• ololuluololulu Member UncommonPosts: 164

Broke my finger so i have to skip a month :(.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

I stopped making plans / goals for BWE's and stresstests because I tend to get sidetracked around every corner in this game.

So I'll just login and enjoy :)

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ
    Originally posted by heartless

playing TSW

Is it F2P yet?

possibly. at least its not vaporware

No, they will release it whether it's ready or not. Smart guys they got working there.

lol, yea. all the smart guys are waiting for a game that they'll be playing, uh...when was that release date?

It's a great feeling knowing GW2 is so great that the only thing other fanbois can troll about is a release date.

I give them 2 months. Once they realize that TSW has nothing going for it besides the setting and the story, it'll be SWTOR all over again. Only with a lot more tears this time due to lifetime sub purchases.

LOL, grow up and take a chill pill, fanboys. The previous posters said he was going to play Rift 1.9 but you decide to go rabid on TSW comment.

Relax, it's only a game, why you heff to be mad?

Myself, i'll enjoy all games, including GW2 and TSW. I have no delusional beliefs that themepark mmorpgs have limited amont of content and get boring, like almost evert video game there is. If i can get 2-3 months out of any of them (mostly you can), i'm all goood and come back when there's new content. I don't go "OMG GW2 is so awesome that i can't enjoy other crappy mmos and it will be my personall saviour" only to come back and cry on forums 3 months later.

And btw, i do agree that buying a LTS for TSW is a very, very risky move that i don't recomend, but if GW2 did have a sub and offered LTS as well, i wouldn't say buying it would be a smart decision either.

EDIT: I'm not going to play GW2 tomorrow, nor TSW, sincei don't buy games at launch.

I think that you're a bit confused. My post was an observation based on experience with SWTOR launch. Certain smug TSW fans simply remind me of smug SWTOR fans right before SWTOR launched. As someone who has pre-ordered TSW and is waiting for Friday's early access, I am under no illusion to the longevity of that particular game. Especially since most level headed individuals can agree that it is being released too early.

Way to generalize though.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by andre369

Myself I kinda want to learn to play another class in sPvP. Played a little bit of guardian and necro, and got around 100 matches with warrior. Either going to look into elementalist, necro or ranger. Not sure. Those four hours will pass too fast Im afraid.. 

well its true they passed so fast ..!

i had just a few hours i ended my uni. examinations and i was lucky to sleep 4-5 hours, so i was not brain dead, but still i was so freaking tired, i wasnt able to try to "learn" a new class, so i just tried to "finish" the map of my starting area, and it was interesting that if you focus on something (for my case to find 2 hearts and 1 point of interest) its inredible how much content you "loose" ..!

it was like playing another game, only the graphics (which were awesome) and the event from devs was something different, the rest sounded like a usuall MMO..!

well this i want to say is that GW2 is a game with TONEs of details, if you focus on finishing hearts etc you just loose the true HUGE content of the game..!

p.s. please we have to make a "movement" in order to have every 2-3 days a stress test for 4-5 hours xD

p.s.2 just checked the last page of this thread and really understaned how awesome trolls-'fanboi hunters' some guys are :P

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by aesperus

And I don't understand where you got the idea that people think everything Anet does is a PR stunt. Yet you made a post stating this idea is "persistent."

Simple, because every time we recieve news of the new beta, we get posts whining about it being a PR stunt. Why are we even arguing over this? You can clearly see it on these forums if you spend any amount of time here. We've gotten posts (and in some cases threads) about this ever since they announced the first public beta.

Same amount of servers as BWE + less players =/= stress test. 

Not sure why you are so upset about this. It is a PR stunt, but who cares? With TSW having BWE's the last two weekends I don't blame them for trying to get some spotlight back on their game. However, saying it is a stress test is ridiculous.

You do realize that all of Europe is on time zones that this stress test fits very well within, don't you?  The U.S. is not the only country in the world for crying out loud.  The number of people that just seem to forget about Europe is amazing.  It can be a perfectly decent stress test without the U.S.  As a matter of fact, what they're testing may very well have to do with that.  Who knows?

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by just1opinion
    Originally posted by aesperus

And I don't understand where you got the idea that people think everything Anet does is a PR stunt. Yet you made a post stating this idea is "persistent."

Simple, because every time we recieve news of the new beta, we get posts whining about it being a PR stunt. Why are we even arguing over this? You can clearly see it on these forums if you spend any amount of time here. We've gotten posts (and in some cases threads) about this ever since they announced the first public beta.

Same amount of servers as BWE + less players =/= stress test. 

Not sure why you are so upset about this. It is a PR stunt, but who cares? With TSW having BWE's the last two weekends I don't blame them for trying to get some spotlight back on their game. However, saying it is a stress test is ridiculous.

You do realize that all of Europe is on a timezone that this stress test fits very well within, don't you?  The U.S. is not the only country in the world for crying out loud.  The number of people that just seem to forget about Europe is amazing.  It can be a perfectly decent stress test without the U.S.  As a matter of fact, what they're testing may very well have to do with that.  Who knows?

Of course a great deal of servers were "full" and "high". Also with the ending event of BWE2 in effect it made people go to only one particular zone and properly stress test the server system.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    delete

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by just1opinion
    delete

8/28/12 xD

well for sure it is stress test, its the common time for the majority of europe ! 8)

• MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399

I ended up playing my Theif a little bit more to try it out. It is pretty cool how different all the classes feel so far. I was definitely enjoying the meaneuverability of the theif and all the shadow stepping and stealth you could do.

Then I hopped on my Guardian and messed around with some SPvP for a few matches. Then I had to leave for a volleyball game :P So yea, had my fun, can't wait for release ;)

If I get to play during the next beta weekend, I might try a couple of the other classes and see which ones I want to try on release. There is a lot I want to do, and not enough time to do it :P