Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Closed Beta, America Bound, & Siege Warfare

Comments

• antshock32antshock32 Member Posts: 41

This gme reminds me from what I saw a little of ff11 ,kinda like the way it shaping up ...anyone have any ideas as to how it will play what is all about .....look pretty cool

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Man that is a LONG wait for a game that is bascially done and been in testing for some time already.

There is a really bads point to a game being released in Korean then 1-2 years later over here.EXPLOITS

By the time 2 years later every cheat /exploit will be done and find it's way into the NA release.

Possibly 2014 that is crazy,i don't get it.It must have something to do with finacial,idk what but it is the only thing i can think of.

If they choose a reputabvle publisher,they will have the know how and access to servers for game download,so that doesn't take any time to organize.If they are worried about language translation,well that would start RIGHT NOW,unless again the financial.Perhaps just like with FFXI,they want to wait and see how the game does.If it flops they won't invest the time/cost to get the game ready for NA [language translation] nor invest in a publisher either.

So it sounds like a last minute wait and see,then they will move seriously on it.This sucks for gamers and myslef that are anticipating this game.I actually thought since it has been in so many tests already it would be over here by end of the year,man was i wrong.I guess since FFXI took about a full year we can expect the same here,so it looks like 2014 it is.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

One thing i should mention is that foregin games get little to no attention.This interview if anything will give them the hope and encouragement to make it happen over here.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by BigCountry

Darfkall with actual PvE content? I am on board. :D

Reads like this could be an amazing game. Please do not "nerf" it for America. Leave it hard core. :D

I'm fairly certain combat would be nothing like Darkfall.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

@Antshock...

There are a lot of videos on you tube to check out.

it will have a large focus on PVP,ship battles,in the water swimming all over the palce.It wil lalso have the traditional pve we expect but also has some content we usually don't see.

Housing with gardens and the ability to change the lanscape with trees ect ect.[Separate housing zone]

I guess in some ways has a FFXI feel to it,the one class is a felpurr/cat like that bounces along on all fours like a cat.[Mithra in FFXI was a standup class]

Other quirky ideas like in the open game storage boxes,so expect to see 50 crates high around houses LMAO.OWL totems on top of houses.

real time physics.

you'll get a better idea watching this video

Seriously i do not impress easily and this game to me deserves at least a look.

Originally posted by Wizardry

Is it strange that I get the sense that I'd understand it better in Korean, rather than Mandarin?

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Wizardry

@Antshock...

There are a lot of videos on you tube to check out.

it will have a large focus on PVP,ship battles,in the water swimming all over the palce.It wil lalso have the traditional pve we expect but also has some content we usually don't see.

Housing with gardens and the ability to change the lanscape with trees ect ect.[Separate housing zone]

I guess in some ways has a FFXI feel to it,the one class is a felpurr/cat like that bounces along on all fours like a cat.[Mithra in FFXI was a standup class]

Other quirky ideas like in the open game storage boxes,so expect to see 50 crates high around houses LMAO.OWL totems on top of houses.

real time physics.

Seriously i do not impress easily and this game to me deserves at least a look.

Looks fantastic, I was unaware of this game but some of those ideas if executed correctly sound just brilliant.

Shame it is such a long way away though for the west, I think it'd take me longer to learn Korean than wait for the game though.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

More than one year for localization sounds like a lot. Wasn't ArcheAge designed in a way to support localization ? Strange and too long for me to stay interested. I will check the state of AA again 2014 then.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by crysent

omg...did he really say 2014....It's common knowledge that Earth will no longer exist then!  Why! Why can't he do it now!

Here is what I don't get:  Why, when it launches in Korea - can't Us Westerners simply buy a digital copy or something like that and play it?  Just curious, serious question..

I understand all the text will be in Korean, but, other then that...?

It might take even longer before an english version is out.

Some westerners might buy it but it is hard to play a MMO when you don´t get even the most basic words. I know, I played the western beta of Lineage and in the start it was basically all in Korean. It was pretty hard.

Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by crysent

omg...did he really say 2014....It's common knowledge that Earth will no longer exist then!  Why! Why can't he do it now!

Here is what I don't get:  Why, when it launches in Korea - can't Us Westerners simply buy a digital copy or something like that and play it?  Just curious, serious question..

I understand all the text will be in Korean, but, other then that...?

It might take even longer before an english version is out.

Some westerners might buy it but it is hard to play a MMO when you don´t get even the most basic words. I know, I played the western beta of Lineage and in the start it was basically all in Korean. It was pretty hard.

Things like this make me wish I wasn't a native english speaker and my school system actually forced me to learn foreign languages. English seems easy enough to pick up for the rest of the world but us that only speak english seem to struggle learning other languages.

Is it time for me to finally learn another language? what better reason than gaming!?

Originally posted by SlickShoes

Things like this make me wish I wasn't a native english speaker and my school system actually forced me to learn foreign languages. English seems easy enough to pick up for the rest of the world but us that only speak english seem to struggle learning other languages.

Is it time for me to finally learn another language? what better reason than gaming!?

English is the hardest language on the planet to pick up, it only seems easy because it was your first.

I say pick up some other languages simply to expand career options. Translators are always in demand, and even more so once China starts demanding repayment in slaves.

If you want a funny laugh [always good for your soul] watch the YOGCAST videos on YouTube.They are funny Brits who got into the Korean Beta.

Soem vids are funnier than others,but they usually dam near make me piss my pants.

Only one guy really knows what he is doing because the game is in Korean.The other guys can be seen horsing about ,jumping off cliffs lol.

Anyhow Yogcast are funny gamers man,anyone would love to hang with these guys or not lol.

Yogcast ....

Big boat building/craft

funny Yogs

Lions and Goats  you can jump on the same mount with your lady friend and ride off into the night lol.

Originally posted by GTwander

English is the hardest language on the planet to pick up, it only seems easy because it was your first.

I say pick up some other languages simply to expand career options. Translators are always in demand, and even more so once China starts demanding repayment in slaves.

I thought English seems easy because everyone seems to be able to speak it as a second language hah.

I wish I had done a language at Uni instead of doing an IT course, there are so many jobs out there for bilingual people in almost every field too.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

2014? I'll have forgotten about it by then, hehe.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• leoarceleoarce Member Posts: 1

on the one hand it's upsetting that it will take forever to come out for u.s.  on the other hand i'm glad i found out early to register early and be guaranteed a closed beta spot for when u.s. servers are doing testing.  i hardly ever find out early on mmo's so i can sign up early.  that being said, where is the early registration form for u.s.?  i can't find it.  if early registration for u.s. is not open yet, when will it be open and what's the URL to bookmark and come back to from time to time?

• finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453

Sure wasnt able to talk about much,was he? For a game set to launch in a few months, there sure is a lot "missing" info.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

I thought English seems easy because everyone seems to be able to speak it as a second language hah.

I wish I had done a language at Uni instead of doing an IT course, there are so many jobs out there for bilingual people in almost every field too.

They speak it as a second language because their school systems require it. Among other things.

Our school systems do require a language though usually they are only spanish and french. My school also had German.

It's never too late to pick up a language though.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Really dissappointed that sieges appear to be instanced with player limitations.  At that point, its nothing more than a battleground...  let down, for me anyway.  I just prefer total ow and let whaterver happens, happen.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

I feel bad for saying this but it will b english subbed and translated on a p-server long before it comes to america lol

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by Weretigar

I feel bad for saying this but it will b english subbed and translated on a p-server long before it comes to america lol

Probably lol.. Thats how I know to stay away from Blade and Soul..

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by Sovrath

They speak it as a second language because their school systems require it. Among other things.

Our school systems do require a language though usually they are only spanish and french. My school also had German.

It's never too late to pick up a language though.

I've been learning few languages in my life and aside from my native language of course - english is far the easiest one.

Most of people I knew that was learning more than 1 foreign language also were of opinion that english was easier one (there were exceptions though).

No idea where "hardest language on planet" came from, but it is silly.

• NereelNereel Member Posts: 7

This game looks fricking awesome so far, i pray they don't westernise it at all besides the translation side, but if they do, it's a good things i'm learning korean.

Just have to play on the korean server's... 8)

But here's hoping for an un-westernised EU release...

• verenovverenov Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by elocke

2 years....great, another very long dev time...really wish these companies would NOT mention their game until it's like 6 months away from launch.  Tough with an international game I know but even still, I hate waiting, especially with how the world is going...I highly doubt I'll ever see this game.

"I am handicapped...I'm psychotic."

• AdelbernAdelbern Member Posts: 85
    I stopped reading at 2013-2014 NO THANKS Archage you just got erased from my list.
  • AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    It has been years since I played a MMO on a regular basis...  Probably 5-7 years ago.  I still like to try them and read the news about them, but none have caught me.  ArcheAge just MAY be the MMO that brings me back.  :-)

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.