Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stress test tomorrow, what will you do?

Comments

• NanulakNanulak Member UncommonPosts: 372

Based on posts on other sites this stress test is primarily for EU servers and the test time correlates to their prime game times.  Makes sense to me.

Nanulak

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350
    Originally posted by Vutar
    Originally posted by steeler989

Nothing. I don't see much point in playing an mmo for a few hours. I'll wait until the next BWE to play again.

This is to help them see how the servers will run. Not just to play for 4 hours.

I am sure they would love it if you would help them out.

Like I said, I see zero point in this stress test. It looks to me more like a publicitiy stunt to keep people interested in between BWE's.

Disagree here, frankly I think it's because the event at the end of BWE2 was laggy and buggy and borked.  I think they figure they have a solution but aren't sure and need warm bodies in there to try to match what was there over the BWE2 to see if they got it right this time.

That's my take.

• spector_0_0spector_0_0 Member Posts: 28

Working as most others.  Can't really justify a 4 hour jaunt into an already played beta worth taking the day off.  I must be dying a little inside because I'm finding it more difficult to get excited about even more stress tests and BWEs.

• DfixDfix Member UncommonPosts: 238
    Originally posted by Gurpslord

Nothing. I don't see much point in playing an mmo for a few hours. I'll wait until the next BWE to play again.

This is to help them see how the servers will run. Not just to play for 4 hours.

Like I said, I see zero point in this stress test. It looks to me more like a publicitiy stunt to keep people interested in between BWE's.

Disagree here, frankly I think it's because the event at the end of BWE2 was laggy and buggy and borked.  I think they figure they have a solution but aren't sure and need warm bodies in there to try to match what was there over the BWE2 to see if they got it right this time.

That's my take.

So in order to test an event that took place on a BWE, they are going to test it in Europe in the middle of the week? While slapping "stress test" on it?  Makes very little sense to me.

Some serious tinfoil hat syndrome going on here.

Vivik-Cerberus
  • ScriveanScrivean Member Posts: 11

Skipping it for Rift 1.9.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

playing TSW

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

That's my take.

So in order to test an event that took place on a BWE, they are going to test it in Europe in the middle of the week? While slapping "stress test" on it?  Makes very little sense to me.

Certain EU players had a problem staying connected to the servers during the first BWE. It's possible that this event is aimed at EU to check network stability in that region.

Any form of open beta or stress test is part of the marketing campaign. At this point in time public betas are done for marketing reasons. Of course they gather bug reports and what not but the fact that these events are done with the general public with no NDA promotes the game's exposure for minimal cost.

Originally posted by wrightstuf

playing TSW

Is it F2P yet?

possibly. at least its not vaporware

Originally posted by Dfix

That's my take.

I think there is quite a bit more koolaid drinking going on.

You're such a conspiracy theorist. You should have your own TV show so you can show everyone what the "man" is doing.

Seriously though, your rant is old and nobody cares.

Vivik-Cerberus

playing TSW

Is it F2P yet?

No, they will release it whether it's ready or not. Smart guys they got working there.

Vivik-Cerberus
  • Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

I'll be experimenting with different builds in sPvP.

Also, Stress Tests dont require people to log in, but it certainly helps paint a picture of how users clients are affected when they run simulations through the server clusters.

A lot of games run simulations like this to guage the stability of their servers, find where the leaks in performance are, and plug them up.

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

That's my take.

I think there is quite a bit more koolaid drinking going on.

You're such a conspiracy theorist. You should have your own TV show so you can show everyone what the "man" is doing.

Seriously though, your rant is old and nobody cares.

Good lord man, what is wrong with you. A conspiracy theorist becuase I don't believe that this is an actual stress test? LOL put down the cup...just put it down.

The koolaid is orange today. It's my favorite flavor so I'm feeling extra froggy but please, keep going on about all these publicity stunts that ANet puts on as if they don't have anything better to do. It's entertaining.

Vivik-Cerberus
  • Chile267Chile267 Member UncommonPosts: 141

I will be under my desk at work tomorrow having cold sweats and shakes as I go through withdrawls only wishing to touch her perfection one more time during the stress test. *sigh*

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

I am definitely going to check out the end of the beta event.  My internet went down about 15 min before the event was supposed to happen during BWE2....  I don't think the event actually worked on my server anyways though.   Hope everything works out ok this time image   The event sounded pretty cool.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

I'm actually gonna skip it completely all it does is remind me the game is not out

playing TSW

Is it F2P yet?

No, they will release it whether it's ready or not. Smart guys they got working there.

lol, yea. all the smart guys are waiting for a game that they'll be playing, uh...when was that release date?

playing TSW

Is it F2P yet?

lol, yea. all the smart guys are waiting for a game that they'll be playing, uh...when was that release date?

It's a great feeling knowing GW2 is so great that the only thing other fanbois can troll about is a release date.

Vivik-Cerberus
  • seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

playing TSW

Is it F2P yet?

It's a great feeling knowing GW2 is so great that the only thing other fanbois can troll about is a release date.

Of course, there is no comparisson. It won't last long, soon all those haters will shut up.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Probably nothing. I don't plan to play GW2, after all. What a trash game.

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

Not sure. Since I'm really looking forward to the release of GW2 and this is a stress test I want to be there to help them make the game as good as it can be. Guess I'll just run around causing as much mayhem as possible for a few hours image

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

i will play for 4 hours without breaking.

then i will drown the world in tears.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

They made it probably because the Euro could not be there for the final event since it was late night the last week end, i don't know if its the main reason (probably not), but at least we europeens have a good reason to participate in it.

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

Close but no cigar. What we're actually doing is helping the developers with some testing because we want the game to be as good as it can be on release.

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

lool. people think stress test and betas are demos.... you play on stress test and betas not for your fun (you can have that too) but to help improve the game.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

playing TSW

Is it F2P yet?

I give them 2 months. Once they realize that TSW has nothing going for it besides the setting and the story, it'll be SWTOR all over again. Only with a lot more tears this time due to lifetime sub purchases.