Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: 5 Things Blizzard Did Right

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

If the five good points are in contrast to earlier Diablo games, I would tend to agree. If it is contrast to gaming as a whole, I would say they are laughable.

D3 is what you get when a gaming company gets too big and popular for their own good.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SidadSidad Member UncommonPosts: 50

Cant believe this article. I played 5 chars simultaneously act by act and as soon I finished game with 1st char I couldnt play this game any more. I still have D2 on my PC and find it way more fun and better than D3 in every aspect except shared stash part.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I love Diablo 3. It's a fantastic game, and most of the haters are just bitter old vets who can't accept change, opportunistic trolls, or whiny kiddies who want everything handed to them.

That being said, I can't believe anyone could like the story. It's just idiotic, simple-minded, predictable, cliched drivel spat out by a man who makes Stephanie Meyer look like a good writer. It's not only insulting to the intelligence of Diablo's playerbase, it's practically a hate crime against them.

Chris ' Retcon' Metzen is a talentless hack who needs to be fired. Preferably out of a cannon. Into an active volcano. ON MARS.

Sorry Suzie, but there are no words in elvish, entish, or the tongues of men to describe how vehemently I disagree with you on this.

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

Next post "100 Things Blizzard Did Wrong"

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

I love Diablo 3. It's a fantastic game, and most of the haters are just bitter old vets who can't accept change, opportunistic trolls, or whiny kiddies who want everything handed to them.

Yes because D3 is so much more complicated than simple ol' D2.

/laff

I would like to nominate you for the 'Black Pot & Kettle' award though, well done.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• NightCloakNightCloak Member UncommonPosts: 452
    Originally posted by Mephster

4. Whimsyshire was noting more than a slap in the face for the diehard fans. Too cartoonish! It was an insult to the franchise.

And the point of Whimsyshire has been made. Blizzard be trollin' you!

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

Also, what is the difference between 1 and 2? Those three characters ARE the story!

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by VassagoMael

Next post "100 Things Blizzard Did Wrong"

Let me give you the top 5 things they did wrong:

#5 Auction House

No trading, inflation constantly going up.

#4 Whimsyshire

No build up or anticipation.  No reason.

#3 Companions

Have cheesy, stupid lines and bad voice acting.  One dimensional.

#2 Story

Worst story of any literary work in history.  This tops even Twilight.

#1 Leah/Kain/Tyreal/Adria

Done wrong, awkward, no build up.  Backstories do not mesh with previous incarnations of their characters, at all.  Kain comes close by having the correct voice actor and role, but falls short as his story progresses.  I should have been made to care what happens to him.  It was a no brainer that got blown by their horrid writers.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• therez0therez0 Member Posts: 379

The story?  You have got to be joking.

Asides from the one twist in Act One, anyone who has played an RPG--or, hell, watched an episode of Power Rangers--could have predicted the plot.

Even the bosses were on level with or below Power Rangers writing.  The Lord of Lies? Please, my dog lies to me better than Belial is written.  And Azmodan, written in the lore to be some master tactician, yet breaks every rule of tactical strategy ever written.

• ForgefeuForgefeu Member UncommonPosts: 118

hello my friend stay awhile and listen

• deathangelldeathangell Member CommonPosts: 85

the AH should of been added to WoW not diablo 3. It ruined the feel of the game and how trading actually is because there are these constant values shown to noobs who want to make a 500 gold item explode into a 5mil item.

companions for the most are useless

whimpyshire doesnt have enough monsters compared to cow level.

they didnt really do much except for a decent story line.

• livewenlivewen Member UncommonPosts: 7

the act I cinematic is the most realistic animation of realism

I have ever seen.

It is at a point in the game where you just about think this game is only another just hack and slash. But seeing the movie and meaning behind what happend makes it all more a meaningful emotional event of what the future of virtual realism can become to see such surreally real:

A thoughtout  over the top heart wrenching experience. 

I decided to play on and no longer be disappointed and half-hearted in sold-outness for spending 60+tax  +10 years (4 years reserve deposit Game Stop).

Could a tunnel to World of Heaven/Hellcraft be next.

Livewen Hallvean.

Do knot/not ever let me go backwards

livewen(z) of Hallvean.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by deathangell

the AH should of been added to WoW not diablo 3. It ruined the feel of the game and how trading actually is because there are these constant values shown to noobs who want to make a 500 gold item explode into a 5mil item.companions for the most are uselesswhimpyshire doesnt have enough monsters compared to cow level.they didnt really do much except for a decent story line.

Decent story line? You need to raise your standards as far as story lines go. Start with something horrid, like twilight, move up to B-horror films, and go from there. Eventually you will realize that the D3 story is pretty far from decent.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• TheDorTheDor Member UncommonPosts: 84

This is the worst list I've ever read.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Sage

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Hey, my post got deleted. Apparently this horrible article is allowed, but I can't have a negative opinion about it.

I have learned that the mods are very biased.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by makii

I dont own Blizz games, since i think they are the biggest brainwashers and are made purely for people who got a) 2 much time b) have no real life friends/ activites or no goals or have some other diseases.

So far ive read about D3 and watched some stream, D3 is pure garbage.  But still, it does bring some good things right to the table:

1) good animated story

2) 

3)

4)

5)

Well that was it.

And yet your here wasting time posting about a game you don't own or lay? who exactly has too much time on there hands? Too funny!

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by NightCloak
    Originally posted by Mephster

4. Whimsyshire was noting more than a slap in the face for the diehard fans. Too cartoonish! It was an insult to the franchise.

And the point of Whimsyshire has been made. Blizzard be trollin' you!

True so true, funny how some people don't understand Whimsyshire was made to poke fun of the players like Mephster that claimed d3 was too colorfull, or not dark and gritty enough.

• fahadjafarfahadjafar Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by 7star

I live in Asia. I had a toon on the American server because I speak English. The GAH prices were outrageous and I didn't want to farm gold all the time. I don't use the RMAH because I don't want to support it. I'm absolutely against it. 

I re-rolled on the Asian server because I know they don't have an RMAH because of Korea. I did so because I knew the GAH prices would be better. I was right. I have saved so much gold playing on the Asian server, it was totally worth the re-roll for me. The loot tables still force you to go to the AH (I don't care what some people say, unless you are really lucky, you must use the AH to progress).  

However, the costs are so much cheaper. I can find suitable upgrades for 20-30% of what they cost in gold on the American servers because there are more quality items there (since not RMAH) and gold farmers don't manipulate the market to inflate prices.

So, from my perspective, the RMAH really did make D3 into a gold farming game rather than a loot farming game.  That sucks, to be honest, for me any way.

However, if people like to play the AH Tycoon game (as someone else coined the term on these forums), or they want to make Real MoNEy, then they will like the RMAH and D3 as it is. Fine for them.

I'm just happy I have an alternative.

EDIT: I know a lot of people here who were really excited about D3 and many of them don't play any more (my friends list is now dead). They play other games like Blade and Soul. They got BORED. That's anecdotal, but it's true. I am currently downloading TSW. I got Path of Exile to get into. It looks like a great alternative to D3. I have prepurchased TL 2.

Frankly, I am really disappointed with D3. I am not happy with Blizzard and I am not alone. Sure they made their box sales, so maybe they don't care. The people who boost Blizzard's profits buy using the RMAH may just be icing on the cake for them. Well, there it is. I won't support it. And there are lots of other games and I am becoming bored with D3 myself. I will just play till others games are out. 

That just doesn't seem to stack up with the way D2 was played. But I don't know. You can't call this a hate post. It's just the way it is and I'm sure I'm not alone in this view of D3. I'm just disappointed, is all. 

if u play in USA servers in any game u wud knw that american gamers are more of a trader than gamer, their eyes are more in cash than in game. i hav seen it in many mmo, tho d3 is not an mmo but still. and u hav become bored, well it is actually a single player game with multiplayer options, it has a solid end game and once u hav seen it everything gets boring, i played d2 in over 100 characters just for the sake of playing the game in higher difficulties with all the class and build combinations. it was boring like hell after i finished the game once in normal. many ppl are saying that d2 was not boring and stuff, they are just lying to themselves and to us, ur living in illusion of ur nostalgia and it is time to wake up. i hate single player games so i didn't buy D3, but 6 firends of mine are playing in US server and they are havin lots of fun, they don't use AH to buy(but they did sell) and they never used RMAH as it is not allowed by blizzard in our country, they all say that d2 was better and i asked them why, they explained to me with lots of care and then  i told them to bring out their d2 save game and play it again and they were like "um..yeah..that feature is very outdated. well..mercenaries are just plain crap in d2. etc etc". then i told them "ur finally awake frm ur illusion".

• orioniteorionite Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Originally posted by dageeza

I have 5 lvl 60 characters and the game bores me silly, perhaps in a year it will be ready to play?

The game has been out for just over a month and you have 5 level 60 characters, but the game is boring... You don't find this statement a little odd?

Seeing as you need to get to Hell to get to level 60 that means you played the entire storyline at least 15 times. On top of that I would imagine that you probably played a bit in Inferno. I can tell you, I'd be bored out or my mind at that point, as well.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

I don't agree with points 1 and 2 at all. The story and character development was weak. It could've been far better than it was. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394

The only point i can agree with in this list is number 4, Whimseyshire was a stroke of genius and definitely one of the best parts of the game.  Every other point makes me not want to read the lists coming from this site anymore.  

The AH is the prime reason that the drops suck in this game, I'm level 54 and I'm getting drops that are 10 levels behind me, the AH is the ONLY place to get level appropriate gear, that means that the entire game is just a meaningless grind with nothing driving you, not even the loot is a driving force anymore because of the AH!

The story?  Really?  This one should be replaced with "The Cutscenes" because they were the best things in the game next to Whimseyshire.  The story was so simple that Dontain put it best on his youtube video:  "The story was very easy to understand and simple...like a baby thought it up."  And I'm inclined to agree with him.

The companions?  They hardly did anything at all in the game, and sure they could hold stuff for you, but the pets in Torchlight 2 can go sell things and buy things in town so you don't have to constantly go back and forth to sell all your stuff.  Blizz is just behind the curve in this area, and falls short yet again.

Adria, Cain, and Leah were pretty bland, I did enjoy Cain and his monologues about the enemies though...but I enjoyed the other guy who was funny even more.  I just didn't get into these characters like I did with Tyreal, who I think should be number 1 on this list by himself.

• DukeTyrionDukeTyrion Member UncommonPosts: 89

Ironically, the game works perfectly in Hardcore mode.

People don't try to rush through skipping content, it gets your character killed. People buy stuff fromt he auction house, but the best items get removed from the game every time a character dies.

Plus, the game actually feels very tense knowing your toon could be deleted at any moment, if you make a mistake.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384
    Originally posted by Gajari

Hey, my post got deleted. Apparently this horrible article is allowed, but I can't have a negative opinion about it.

I have learned that the mods are very biased.

or, more likely, your post was nothing more than non constructive whining, which is usually the case when someone makes a claim like this.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• DeepcutsDeepcuts Member UncommonPosts: 22

What have you been smoking ?