Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's Free, if there was a sub.....

124»

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by p_c_sousa
    Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

The secret world is better then this game in its current state.

Too bad most people wont give the secret world any time of day.

? i would say GW2 on BW2 was in  better state than the last TSW beta i test (an TSW will be release very soon)

So would I.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Cromica
    Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

The secret world is better then this game in its current state.

Too bad most people wont give the secret world any time of day.

I could not find a single thing in TSW that I liked.

Nor could I.. and I really tried.  Gave it a lot more than just the time of day.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

I wouldn't even look at this game if it had a sub. It isn't even close to a good MMO

This is the only valid part of his post since it is his opinion. However GW2 is a mmorpg and it's a lot more than just GW1 with a new skin like he would have you believe.

• Hordequester8Hordequester8 Member Posts: 54

Not sure why these posts keep creeping up...it's not like it was a surprise GW2 isn't going to have a subscription nor is it a surprise they make a sequel that is as hyped up or as popular as their previous release.

Asking if people would pay if there was a sub is fairly pointless since: there isn't one, there won't be one, and everyone knew (before it was even announced to be in development) that there wouldn't be one. Seems like just trying to stir crap up.

It has hype because it's a sequel to a well built and popular game from a company that is respected.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Roybe

Nope. Never paid a sub, never will.  Subs are for people that believe to drive a car, they need to pay monthly for the keys.

Or for like...gas. ;)

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Nice one pappy. Little revenge topic I see.

Certainly worked...christ...

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

The OP is close to being right, but not for the reasons he thinks. If ArenaNet were to come out and say that they're going to have a subscription they would lose a great many people. The reason being that, after years of swearing there won't be a sub fee, to suddenly add one would be like slapping us in the face while stabbing us in the back at the same time. We'd be like "How could you do that I don't love you anymore."

Of course... I'd still play, paying for subs for me and the kids. It would likely reduce cash shop expenditures, but I've played this game. No other MMO even remotely interests me after actually playing GW2. This will easily be the best MMO of 2012 and in the foreseeable future, and probably my only one for years to come.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• DfixDfix Member UncommonPosts: 238

I would still play if there was a sub attached. The game is rock solid and I'm glad they are taking their time with it.

I'm seriously LOLing at all the TSW fanbois up in here all scurrd their game is gonna fail. They should rename TSW to "Trannies Swing Weird". All the females looks like dewds and the combat animations suck ass.

Vivik-Cerberus
  • GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350
    Originally posted by rdrpappy

If there was a monthly sub for Guild Wars 2, would the game barely make a ripple?. Honestly, the hype is so over the top it's cliche.

If the game changed nothing so far but the addition of a $15 a month fee, would most of you shuffle off or go back to what ever else was F2P?.

Maybe a fair and more realistic hype would be (it's the best looking F2P game coming out) certainly more realistic than the claims right here on these forums that GW2 is a hybid themepark/sandbox.

I have seen no nation, city or home building, only typical and limited crafting and no unstructured open world pvp, things that would point to sandbox are missing by most accounts, but turn on the over hype machine and they magicaly appear.

No endgame? no levels? no character building constraints, just pick a name and heap on the abbilities? the maps have no edges?

I dont have enough time to get into the pvp claims but add a sub fee and this title would crash back to earth faster than Skylab. Does anyone have a calm, logical, honest review of the game? strengths and weaknesses, please feel free to add it here.

I will try and read it before it's crushed under a mountain of hype.

So you clearly haven't actually read about the game, or tried it..I'm impressed you know the name of it enough to attempt a troll on it frankly.

Looking up and down the GW2 site nowhere will it claim to be a hybrid anything, where are you getting no levels?  Sir, that's something that TSW is claiming, not GW2.  Character building constraints?  So..you want...more limits?  As for "ability heaps"..ugh..you know what I dun wana feed this anymore.

Go actually find out about the game and THEN troll it, making stuff up for giggles is kind of weak.

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325
    Originally posted by Gurpslord

If there was a monthly sub for Guild Wars 2, would the game barely make a ripple?. Honestly, the hype is so over the top it's cliche.

If the game changed nothing so far but the addition of a $15 a month fee, would most of you shuffle off or go back to what ever else was F2P?.

Maybe a fair and more realistic hype would be (it's the best looking F2P game coming out) certainly more realistic than the claims right here on these forums that GW2 is a hybid themepark/sandbox.

I have seen no nation, city or home building, only typical and limited crafting and no unstructured open world pvp, things that would point to sandbox are missing by most accounts, but turn on the over hype machine and they magicaly appear.

No endgame? no levels? no character building constraints, just pick a name and heap on the abbilities? the maps have no edges?

I dont have enough time to get into the pvp claims but add a sub fee and this title would crash back to earth faster than Skylab. Does anyone have a calm, logical, honest review of the game? strengths and weaknesses, please feel free to add it here.

So you clearly haven't actually read about the game, or tried it..I'm impressed you know the name of it enough to attempt a troll on it frankly.

Looking up and down the GW2 site nowhere will it claim to be a hybrid anything, where are you getting no levels?  Sir, that's something that TSW is claiming, not GW2.  Character building constraints?  So..you want...more limits?  As for "ability heaps"..ugh..you know what I dun wana feed this anymore.

Go actually find out about the game and THEN troll it, making stuff up for giggles is kind of weak.

Hey get over yourself. How you types turn a post into some over thought, psyco bable, thought crusade is more telling than my post ever could be.

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350
    Originally posted by Gurpslord

Hey get over yourself. How you types turn a post into some over thought, psyco bable, thought crusade is more telling than my post ever could be.

Um..okay.  Sorry, I will never counter-point your innane posts again, I promise. >.>

Still, in the future, if you want to troll on a game, or hate on it or whatever, try to know something about it first.  Armed with ignorance you just troll yourself.  With a little information gathering you  may actually be able to post a topic that was relevant to the game itself.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I wouldn't even look at this game if it had a sub. It isn't even close to a good MMO, just a GW1 upgrade. It really needs to just be F2P with no box cost.

Now we can hope that Anet is sticking with what they said and making a MMO since we have yet to see most of the game but they have a long ways to go for this to be a MMO.

But....it is an MMO. No matter what your opinion is it is an mmorpg.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• XeseXese Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Amjoco

I wouldn't even look at this game if it had a sub. It isn't even close to a good MMO, just a GW1 upgrade. It really needs to just be F2P with no box cost.

Now we can hope that Anet is sticking with what they said and making a MMO since we have yet to see most of the game but they have a long ways to go for this to be a MMO.

I don't know about Thorbrand but when I played the beta, me and probably 30 other players were working together to beat back the enemies in a DE. Then I go to town and see people chatting, and I ask a question and many people answer my confusion :)

Then I hop into WvW and I play with hundreds (?) of other players talking about taking which objectives.

I have not played with this many people so frequently in any other MMORPGs I have played, like WoW...etc. etc.

For me, this game was a lot more massively multiplayer than others.

Not sure what you mean by far from being a MMO?

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Thorbrand must have a lot of time on his hands because I see him in every single GW2 thread stating how much he hates the game.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by DJJazzy

Thorbrand must have a lot of time on his hands because I see him in every single GW2 thread stating how much he hates the game.

Just block him people :) problem solved let him rot alone in the corner

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by Volkon

The OP is close to being right, but not for the reasons he thinks. If ArenaNet were to come out and say that they're going to have a subscription they would lose a great many people. The reason being that, after years of swearing there won't be a sub fee, to suddenly add one would be like slapping us in the face while stabbing us in the back at the same time. We'd be like "How could you do that I don't love you anymore."

Actually, i've recently noticed that many players will like or hate games more dependant on pricing model. Apperantly, the less one as to pay, the better the game becomes. It affects alot more than i imagined.

Planetside 2 is a perfect example. Many agree that the game is looking fantastic, but if it announced a box and sub, the backlash would probably be monstrous. Same applies to GW2. The no sub is very nice for many players, so if one was announced, even with the removal of teh cash shop, i'd say Anet could easily lose more than half their playerbase right there.

Personally, i'd be ok with paying a sub for GW2, after i waited for the box price to go down. I think it's worth it, but not a smart move from Anet

Originally posted by seridan
    Originally posted by DJJazzy

Just block him people :) problem solved let him rot alone in the corner

Probably the best idea but I find him oddly amusing.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Amjoco

In the real world its an MMO, in Thorland......who knows what it is....image

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Cromica

I would pay monthly, best game I have played in 7 years. As it standes now I may just spend $15 a month in the CS should they add some cool things.

^

This.

GW1 was solid also.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ
    Originally posted by Volkon

Actually, i've recently noticed that many players will like or hate games more dependant on pricing model. Apperantly, the less one as to pay, the better the game becomes. It affects alot more than i imagined.

Planetside 2 is a perfect example. Many agree that the game is looking fantastic, but if it announced a box and sub, the backlash would probably be monstrous. Same applies to GW2. The no sub is very nice for many players, so if one was announced, even with the removal of teh cash shop, i'd say Anet could easily lose more than half their playerbase right there.

Personally, i'd be ok with paying a sub for GW2, after i waited for the box price to go down. I think it's worth it, but not a smart move from Anet

Remember, they announced no sub fees five years ago, so this whole waiting period has been with that in mind. If, way back when, they announced they were going full blown MMO with a sub fee then today it would have been accepted as their payment model and at most you'd see complaints about "no end game yet there's a sub".  If they now change their mind and say there's a sub, yes, there would be dramatic repurcussions.

Oderint, dum metuant.

GW2 would be dead in the water if they suddenly did a reversal and announced a subscription model.

• Brent17Brent17 Member Posts: 17
    I'm going to stop visiting these forums if they continue to let people post these troll threads,
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.