Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ability wheel: more PVP less whining?

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

I have to say that one of the things I'm most looking forward to in TSW is playing a game where anyone can have any ability.

You'll know that if you're getting owned consistently in PVP by same QL players it's because you have some work to do on your deck and not because the "devs all play sorcerers" and all the other irrational whining that is typical MMO PVP board chatter.

No need to go through the usual nerf/buff monthly cycles when devs give-in to board pressure.

I'm really looking forward to creating and testing decks and just figuring it out myself.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Comments

• DomenicusDomenicus Member UncommonPosts: 290

Well, in my opinion more pvp = more whining ... 

Thats why I think PvP gets out the sandbox of games (if put too much effort on it)... Every game is a bunch of bits and bytes and very little freedom (even a sandbox), if you put too much PvP on it, the competition takes out the very freshness of  discoveries.. Because we are so competitive (its a game after all) and we are battling others players (and we want to win) we will get the shortcut (the cookiecutter build of the week). In fact you will be considered a loser if you dont... Therefore, if you choose to pick a build full crowd controll with DoT because you do enjoy to see people dying slowly, you will be  ´owned´ by the ´perfect build´ of the week... Thats because I do believe more pvp = less sandbox (choice to play your way) and more whinning... I am a huge fan of PvP, dont get me wrong, however it has to be the exact measure with other aspects so you can enjoy the game as a whole.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

I doubt that there will be any single fotm build but even if that were the case, balancing adjustments will affect everyone. All the PVP board drama and rage quit threats in all MMOs I've played stem from people who feel their chosen "class" is being picked on. No such problem here.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED