Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TSW Factions

VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

With the release only next week I would like to ask if someone could give a run down of the factions and what it means to play them.

For example: 

Why choose one over the other?

Do they have unquie look or things only they can equip?

Any unique skills?

Which is the one most common and why?

Which is the second most common and why?

Which is the least common and why?

What is the mercenary system?

Is PvP cross server?

Or is it viable/easier to jump simply jump to another server and do pvp there?

Thanks,

Comments

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363

Not much of a rundown, but I'm going templar because of this:

Templars: "At the forefront of the war against darkness, they decide for themselves what counts as darkness."

Kinda fits my playstyle :)

• DomenicusDomenicus Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Originally posted by VultureSkull

With the release only next week I would like to ask if someone could give a run down of the factions and what it means to play them.

For example: 

Why choose one over the other?

Personal taste... Maybe you enjoy more New york than London, maybe you think the PvP outfit of Dragon is cooler than Illuminatti... Maybe the overall story and driven goals of Illuminatti are funnier...

Do they have unquie look or things only they can equip?

No. I can say about the decks clothing, though... And in PvP the clothing is very unique of any society (Illuminatti being the most riculous, IMHO)

Any unique skills?

Nope

Which is the one most common and why?

In BWE, Templar, because it was the only one open in BWE 1 and people used it through BWE 2 and BWE 3...

Which is the second most common and why?

Illumunatti (Go figure...)

Which is the least common and why?

Dragon (probably due to not having any tie with common modern myths as Templars and Illuminatt -> Da Vinci Code, Assassins Creed, etc...)

What is the mercenary system?

Hmm? no idea, can anyone help in here?!?!?

Is PvP cross server?

Nope

Not that I know..

Thanks

1 dollar, please... Have a nice day!

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811
    Originally posted by Domenicus
    Is PvP cross server?

Nope - Yes there is, but only for minigames. Fusang, the persistent 100v100v100 battle is tied to one servers

Not that I know..You can group up with anybody playing TSW, except for in Fusang

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

the only differences between factions is the theme/ideology behind them, where they are located, the prebuilt deck outfits, pvp uniforms, and the main plot quests. 

For pve you can group with anyone, so faction will not have any impact on that aspect, although cabals (guilds) can only be single faction right now.

as for whos more popular, as was said, templar were most popular in the BWE since they were opened first, but I think Templars and illuminati will be struggling for 1st and 2nd, with illuminati edging out a bit (seriously I love their opening the best of the 3, really good/fun impression).  Dragon 3rd because its more obtuse than the other 2, more mysticism, chaos, natural order of the universe type stuff, and its the one that doesnt have some sort of real world lore connection.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Derros
    the only differences between factions is the theme/ideology behind them, where they are located, the prebuilt deck outfits, pvp uniforms, and the main plot quests.  For pve you can group with anyone, so faction will not have any impact on that aspect, although cabals (guilds) can only be single faction right now. as for whos more popular, as was said, templar were most popular in the BWE since they were opened first, but I think Templars and illuminati will be struggling for 1st and 2nd, with illuminati edging out a bit (seriously I love their opening the best of the 3, really good/fun impression).  Dragon 3rd because its more obtuse than the other 2, more mysticism, chaos, natural order of the universe type stuff, and its the one that doesnt have some sort of real world lore connection.

In the Facebook game, Dragons and Illuminati were by far the most numerous. There was a poll on this site and I think the Dragons were most numerous there as well.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

I don't have much to add about factions having played just one BWE. I didn't roll an Illuminati but did try Templar and Dragon.

Here's the earliest difference between the two:

Templar starts at a police barricade and you're told to go to a park. Once you get there you watch a crazy with a hand-puppet who triggers an out of body experience and you "relive" a short subway tutorial sequence.

As a Dragon you start in a hotel and are told to go upstairs. There an attractive woman pushes you down on the bed, climbs on top of you and tells you that ecstacy can trigger moments when your mind is more receptive... you then go to the same subway tutorial.

So.... hand puppet wielding crazy hobo or hottie on top of you? Pick one image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

@Iselin you forgot the Illuminati, they insert a chip into your head while they have you drugged.

Dragon is the obvious choice. :D

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

There used to be a flash minigame that helped you choosing your faction, but it seems to be removed, does anyone have a new link to this?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• highflyinghighflying Member Posts: 22

LOL Easy choice that one :D

Hope she comes with some awesome tessalation :D

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

We do need a poll for which faction most of us will be playing. I myself just want to play the least populated for PvP.