Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Closed Beta, America Bound, & Siege Warfare

Comments

• alias333alias333 Member UncommonPosts: 24

we  have waited for aion 3 year,for Gw2 maybe more.for tera also 3+ and u couldnot wait 1 and a half year?

and what i will do is,if eu and na publisher will be different like ncsoft and gameforge in aion,like enmasse and frogster i will go 100% in na.eu is the last country wich gets updates and patches so screw all eu and with there laging servers and crashings.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by alias333

we  have waited for aion 3 year,for Gw2 maybe more.for tera also 3+ and u couldnot wait 1 and a half year?

and what i will do is,if eu and na publisher will be different like ncsoft and gameforge in aion,like enmasse and frogster i will go 100% in na.eu is the last country wich gets updates and patches so screw all eu and with there laging servers and crashings.

Aion sucks and so does Tera IMHO and I was never waiting on them, ever.  GW2 on the other hand is the prime example of what I mean by I hate waiting.  We have known about it for far too long and it's made even worse every BWE that I play in because it is so good and we still have no release date.  So yeah, I don't want to wait 2 years for ArcheAge, I'm tired of having games hyped for so long. 

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518
    Originally posted by elocke

Aion sucks and so does Tera IMHO and I was never waiting on them, ever.  GW2 on the other hand is the prime example of what I mean by I hate waiting.  We have known about it for far too long and it's made even worse every BWE that I play in because it is so good and we still have no release date.  So yeah, I don't want to wait 2 years for ArcheAge, I'm tired of having games hyped for so long. 

Yeap.. I hate the wait too. And i dont see any reason why they reveal there games so far before release. For marketing or building up hype 6 month is more than enough. Ok, i can understand indy companies, they need investors, publisher, they need to draw attention to get the money, and are even capable of finishing it.. but everyone else?

PS:

Well.. maybe then even WoD and AA release at the same time, even if i think WoD will take even longer before release. I really should not think about it.. so disturbing.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Tulark

Please, do not 'westernize' this!!

+1

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Hard to put on the radar so far out, but definitely exciting news.

From what I've seen of gameplay/combat videos in the Kor CBT's combat is certainly my #1 concern, with games like GW2 and NW and TERA focusing on more active combat, I don't think tab target/hotbar is going to fly in NA/EU in 2013/14.

When talking about Westernization of features/systems he mentioned combat so hopefully they are on the same page.

Well put BadSpock, TERA has definitely made me spoiled when it comes to it's combat system and find it hard to even play SWToR and WoW at this point. Maybe the novelity of TERA combat system will wear off on me, but guess I will see.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by Apraxis

Well.. maybe then even WoD and AA release at the same time, even if i think WoD will take even longer before release. I really should not think about it.. so disturbing.

Would not count on it.

CCP shrinked WoD team heavily like half a year ago?

To contentrate on EvE and Dust 514.

Sure once Dust is released and now while EvE is getting stablizied again, they propably will put more reasources in it again.

Yet - few months ago when I was looking info about WoD it was just getting out pre-production stage.

So I would bet like 2015 for WoD earliest.

Well unless CCP plans to release WoD as a very small game feature wise and then slowly build on top of it. 

I doubt it though.   Besides Carbon & your average PC people have does not seem ready yet to handle all those psysics of in. example Clothes and very heavy shading and lighting - CCP was showing in Carbon engine tech demo in mmorpg yet.

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537

Oh shit, I'm a bit edgy on what he said about the "westernisation". I hope they don't let any western developers lay a fucking finger on this, what seems to be - gem of a game.

Western MMO developers as of late are narrow-minded, boring people who want everything to be hit max level, then grind gear in instanced mini-games.

None of this western shit in ArcheAge please!

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Nice

Thanks

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Well, time to find a way onto the Korean servers. ;)

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

If you don't want a westernised version go play the Korean one :P

Looking forward to this game eventually hitting the EU, seems to be very ambitious & a lot less cookie-cutter than the bulk of Asian titles.

• kaguhoOkaguhoO Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by elocke

Aion TODAY is OK,lots of things has change,more ppl play the game and they open 2 new servers 

Tera has the best combat than any other mmo out there but the lack of content will doom this game in less than 6 month

gw2 is a warhammer copy game but well done,and very good pvp despite the horrible animation

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725
    Originally posted by HiGHPLAiNS
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Hard to put on the radar so far out, but definitely exciting news.

From what I've seen of gameplay/combat videos in the Kor CBT's combat is certainly my #1 concern, with games like GW2 and NW and TERA focusing on more active combat, I don't think tab target/hotbar is going to fly in NA/EU in 2013/14.

When talking about Westernization of features/systems he mentioned combat so hopefully they are on the same page.

Well put BadSpock, TERA has definitely made me spoiled when it comes to it's combat system and find it hard to even play SWToR and WoW at this point. Maybe the novelity of TERA combat system will wear off on me, but guess I will see.

+1

This is the kind of game I like but combat has moved on.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Think the frustrations is because that's on top of how long we've already waited.  and it just seems crazy that "westernization" should take so long.  and most of that time is wasted on changes most of us don't even care about.  and maybe even some changes that make the game worse.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Cant wait for this. 1year+ is nothing in terms of waiting on an MMO.  Im split on the combat.  I actually miss the old/original turn-based days of RPGs so I could tolerate a decent hotkey/tab target combat.  Action and RPG never really mixed well for me.   It usually becomes an action game with RPG elements (such as attribute management).

I dont want it westernized either. Some of the best RPGs I've played were fan-subbed from the East.

• DominionlordDominionlord Member UncommonPosts: 180

Will this be like a newer version of VG? With some good pvp? as far as the world goes and crafting, haven't looked into AA too much so i may be off.

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by Grotar89

WTF is it gonna come up in EU i see only mention of NA ???

EU?  What's that?  *sarcasm off*

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by Terranah

Two years is so long.  It would be nice if we could play on their servers, as long as the ping was not prohibitive.

I hope the NA publishers, whoever they will be, do not ruin this game.

After waiting 5+ yrs for GW2, 2 years doesn't sound too bad.

Joking aside, it does seem like a long time to wait. 

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Hey so what was all the crap a few months ago about NCsoft publishing it?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Hey so what was all the crap a few months ago about NCsoft publishing it?

You answered your own question.

• SilverbranchSilverbranch Member UncommonPosts: 195

Artwork looks phenomenal, component activities seem to be planned as full featured activities (e.g. building things, crafting, not just killing stuff).

One to keep on the radar scope for sure.

Thanks for the article.

Wherever you go, there you are.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

You have to wonder why a western game company can't do something like this instead of the same old Wow drivel.

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275

"Suk Woo Choi: While we definitely won’t be afraid to change the mechanics of the game in the west if the players demand it, I definitely think we’ll end up having to listen to the wishes of the publisher in North America (though we don’t know just who that is yet)."

Don't listen to a western publisher! Listen to the gamers! If you listen to a western publisher you will end up with another generic WoW clone!!! They only look at how much profit WoW made they don't give a single damn about what the fans want of your game here in the west.

"A big part of the undertaking is definitely the localization, and if we have to change up some mechanics like combat or something of this nature, or even leveling pace, we will. But we want to find the balance, and not lose the soul of what makes ArcheAge so unique."

Don't alter to much, your fans are fans for what the product is atm. The west might be different but the mainstream gamer won't try your game anyway (they stick to what they know already and is big here) so please only focus on what your fans like about the game. We don't need another theme park clone game that doesn't do anything new just because the publishers believe thats the best way of playing a MMORPG.

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

You have to wonder why a western game company can't do something like this instead of the same old Wow drivel.

They can, they just won't cause they don't wanna take risks. In the west publishers only care for the mainstream gamer. The biggest income comes from there. A game like this is conciderd a niche, and a niche won't make as much money as WoW does. Funny fact remains that not even one clone ever came close to what profit WoW made so its silly anyway to not take risk.

Its a higher risk to make a WoW clone. They might sell good at the start but within 3 months the game is pretty much dead. Its better to only have 1 million players and have them for a long time than to have 3 million people the first month or 2 and than most of them left after. But publishers wanna score big time and only look at short terms not long terms.

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923
    Originally posted by Jorendo
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

They can, they just won't cause they don't wanna take risks. In the west publishers only care for the mainstream gamer. The biggest income comes from there. A game like this is conciderd a niche, and a niche won't make as much money as WoW does. Funny fact remains that not even one clone ever came close to what profit WoW made so its silly anyway to not take risk.

Its a higher risk to make a WoW clone. They might sell good at the start but within 3 months the game is pretty much dead. Its better to only have 1 million players and have them for a long time than to have 3 million people the first month or 2 and than most of them left after. But publishers wanna score big time and only look at short terms not long terms.

I agree, it is too much of a risk to gamble all the money they have invested so they go for the quick buck to atleast refurbish there investment and if it succeeds the BONUS to them. Some games did try to be different but the thing they lacked as the game itself could have been awesome is Experience, (Mortal/DarkFall) both of these games could have been massive but they lacked quite a few things, mainly being Experience and professionalism.

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

Darfkall with actual PvE content? I am on board. :D

Reads like this could be an amazing game. Please do not "nerf" it for America. Leave it hard core. :D

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com