Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Repopulation: Crafting Video Diary

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Repopulation team has produced a neat new video showing off crafting. The video gives players the details on how crafting materials are extracted from corpses and how they are used to make awesome stuff. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Very simliar to Vanguard's crafting.

Joined - July 2004

• add3addadd3add Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Yes very much like Vanguard crafting, which is a good thing as imo Vanguard has the best mmo crafting system to date. This game is shaping up to be pretty decent it seems.
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Man it's been ages since I played Vanguard, may have to drop by it again.

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

I appreciate deep crafting systems, but also dislike participating in them.

Will this game allow me to be entirely action and exploration oriented and still feel rewarded and valuable?

• sumo0sumo0 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by DarkVagabond

Will this game allow me to be entirely action and exploration oriented and still feel rewarded and valuable?

+1

• JC-SmithJC-Smith Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by DarkVagabond

That's the point of sandbox oriented gameplay. Allowing players to determine how they want to play the game.

You could just go out and kill things, if that's what you wanted to do. You could run missions (combat or non-combat oriented) if that's what you prefer. Participate in engagements (combat or non-combat) if that's your thing. PvP or play entirely in protected areas. And you could also play entirely on crafting and harvesting. Most players would take a combination of some or all of the above.

• AmenhoetepAmenhoetep Member UncommonPosts: 36

I never played Vanguard and don't know much about The Repopulation - I just came across this video and was quite impressed.  I tend to zero in on the crafting when I play a game but do questing, some raiding, etc too. 

I am gonna take a closer look at The Repopulation and follow it.  I just hope that I don't HAVE to do raids, pvp, or whatever to get crafting mats.  I have enjoyed playing several games the last few years and quit them for a combination of reasons, primarily their implementation of pvp and crafting.  The one thing that really makes me lose interest in a game's crafting system is when certain mats (usually high level stuff ) are only obtained by raiding and for the most part have to be purchased on the auction for many many units of ingame currency.

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460
    Originally posted by Amenhoetep

I never played Vanguard and don't know much about The Repopulation - I just came across this video and was quite impressed.  I tend to zero in on the crafting when I play a game but do questing, some raiding, etc too. 

I am gonna take a closer look at The Repopulation and follow it.  I just hope that I don't HAVE to do raids, pvp, or whatever to get crafting mats.  I have enjoyed playing several games the last few years and quit them for a combination of reasons, primarily their implementation of pvp and crafting.  The one thing that really makes me lose interest in a game's crafting system is when certain mats (usually high level stuff ) are only obtained by raiding and for the most part have to be purchased on the auction for many many units of ingame currency.

No raiding as you know it in this game. All the high end gear must be crafted and materials gathered by the crafter. Think it's going to be more kin to SWG in that aspect.

However, it is open world PVP  and a crafter will not be immune if they stray into the PVP areas. Much of this still has yet to be determined to what extent the risk reward is going to be for crafters going into PVP.  It has been stated there will be PVP and PVE only areas and "normal" and hardcore rules servers.

You might want to go sign up for testing and hope you get in at some point and have a looksee for yourself.