Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Face of Mankind: New Dev Blog Outlines Big Changes

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new developer blog has cropped up on the Face of Mankind site. The post goes into detail about several new features that are being brought into the game including customized tax rates, sector ownership and much more.

Crime Rate

Worlds will also have a natural crime rate, based on their distance from earth. This natural crime rate will define the minimum and maximum crime rate on the world, with worlds that have lower natural rates being more flexible. We would like to state now that it will be impossible to ever remove all Dominion taxes from the world. Doing this would destroy the Law Enforcement Department and Freedom Defense Corps only means of income. The purpose of this system is to allow players more control over it.

Read the full blog post on the Face of Mankind site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618

I remember that game. Nothing to do but craft or PVP. And for that matter, it was pretty much PVP only since mobs of your own faction would swarm the crafting stations in their own cities and kill all the crafters there locked into a crafting terminal working just on the off chance one of them there might be one of the 'enemy' despite the penalties for doing such a stupid thing.

If you love to kill everyone, even your own people, and pretty much give up on the idea of getting better gear because some lowlife is always killing your crafters, then this is the game for you.

:)

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269

Good, I do not like the careless leaders as they are. It needs a larger world and better graphics though.

Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581

I used to play this game i got tired of it. Sure it's pretty much PvP and Crafting as the game main focus is about factions and wars between them and the planets.. Crafting to make the gear for your faction or others and cause havok. 

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by barasawa

I remember that game. Nothing to do but craft or PVP. And for that matter, it was pretty much PVP only since mobs of your own faction would swarm the crafting stations in their own cities and kill all the crafters there locked into a crafting terminal working just on the off chance one of them there might be one of the 'enemy' despite the penalties for doing such a stupid thing.

If you love to kill everyone, even your own people, and pretty much give up on the idea of getting better gear because some lowlife is always killing your crafters, then this is the game for you.

:)

Only noobs that didn't do their homework and expect a persistant version of Team Deathmatch go around murdering everyone. Then word gets around, they get hunted down, and come crying to the forums about how unfair the game is. Them, or the asshole Merc/LED factions.

I played this game for quite a bit during it's last OB phase a couple years ago and really liked it. Though, this was mainly because war/politics was in full bloom, and I spent all the time in-game going planet to planet in a huge army, holding then for our alliance at the time. When that was over with, yeah, it devolved into waiting around craft terminals doing nothing... but I still say that it was one of the best PvP experiences in my entire gaming career when things *were* active.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

this, back in the days were a revolutionary MMO, i still remember that i used to have so much fun

yes, there isn;t much to do except you always do Role Play, PvP and crafting, but it has it's own unique gameplay to it, hope to see this game keep on existing

So What Now?