Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Former SWG'ers Heading to GW2?

AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

I wonder if any former swg'ers are heading to GW2?

Looking at: The Repopulation
Preordering: None
Playing: Random Games

Comments

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

No.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Im going to TSW then Repop.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Keeping an eye on it. I'm waiting until after it releases and the real feedback comes in before deciding. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• eykosurfeykosurf Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by DannyGlover

Im going to TSW then Repop.

Same.

I plan on playing Guild War 2, but most likely only for a month or two.  The Secret World hold the most promise, in my opinion, for bringing back some interest in a more open world.

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

I'm on facebook and other sites.

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by ktanner3

Keeping an eye on it. I'm waiting until after it releases and the real feedback comes in before deciding. 

Same here.

• metatronicmetatronic Member Posts: 329

nothing compares to pre cu swg.. I've floated from game to game never able to re-captcher the greatness of that game.

I tried gw2 and uninstalled it after 10 mins.. then re-tried it the next day on my GF's pc and played it till level 5.. no thanks. The game is garbage and the cash shop will nickel and dime its users more than 15/month ever would..

Untill Raph Koster creatively lead designs an mmo, I probably won't find another decent game to play..

• er99er99 Member CommonPosts: 101
    Originally posted by metatronic

nothing compares to pre cu swg.. I've floated from game to game never able to re-captcher the greatness of that game.

I tried gw2 and uninstalled it after 10 mins.. then re-tried it the next day on my GF's pc and played it till level 5.. no thanks. The game is garbage and the cash shop will nickel and dime its users more than 15/month ever would..

Untill Raph Koster creatively lead designs an mmo, I probably won't find another decent game to play..

Yeah it seems this would be a great time for him to jump back into MMO's. why companies aren't banging down his door trying to get him involved is beyond me. or maybe they are and he is not interested? not sure haven't been to his website  in a long while. doesn't seem like MMO's these days know how to do the social aspect which was his strongpoint if im correct?

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

The Repopulation looks like the substitute for Star Wars Galaxies fans.

Guildwars 2 looks fine, but it cannot replace the SWG experience we had as a sandbox mmorpg.

If GW2 had..

Player Owned Stores, Player Owned Citys, Player Made Harvestors  and Player Made Content it would be a start. I understand GW2 will be getting housing, however is GW2 housing in a different zone like DAoC or is it like Everquests 2?

SWG by far had a real immersion when it came to player housing in a mmorpg which I thought was great, going into a player made city with tons of player housing was always cool.

You could go into some of the homes / guilds and check out other players relics / rewards they had collected in the game and see what kind of a imagination they had as well.

Good Stuff!

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294
    Originally posted by Jonoku

I wonder if any former swg'ers are heading to GW2?

Playing it as we speak but only to kill time while waiting for The Repopulation to be released.