Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Square Enix is getting ready to unveil the fifth expansion for Final Fantasy XI. Called "Seekers of Adoulin", the new expansion will focus on exploration, cultivation, and pioneering and will give players the opportunity to create outposts that can have an impact on the world around them.

Seekers also introduces a new continent to the West, and the city of Adoulin, as well as the new class Geomancer an AoE buffer/debuffer. Another class will also be announced later today.

The new content has a Mediterranean-style influence, and has an emphasis on attracting players that may have lapsed subscriptions, as well as giving new angles on the games plot. SoA is mainly catering to high-end content.

Thanks to Adam Tingle for his research!

Find out more about the expansion on the Final Fantasy XI site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

ha, fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

I bought 2x collectors FF14

not getting any more of my money

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Difference is FFXI is a good game, where XIV is not.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Geomancer.. back in the days we always said that class was still missing. That and Time Mage but that one is kinda replaced by some of the Red and White Mage spells.

I played this game for 5 years and wish it nothing but the best. Personally I would like to see a f2p model - then I would drop by again. But I highly doubt that will ever happen because the Japanese would consider it a big disgrace.

Harbinger of Fools
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I just bought this game recently and never even got the chance to play it. Just a hint: Don't forget your PlayOnline Member password or you're screwed. Apparently there is no way to retreieve it.

Smile

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Leucent

Was a good game. Was.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

raz should be a way too i always used the live chat

Originally posted by Deathofsage

Was a good game. Was.

Opinons vary for sure, to me it s still one of the best games on the market, by a long shot.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

FFXI actually has playerbase, whereas FFXIV does not.

Was a good game. Was.

Opinons vary for sure, to me it s still one of the best games on the market, by a long shot.

I wish I could enjoy it like I used to, but once I got to the point I'd levelled 5 jobs just for somewhere to dump merits.. I was done.

I envy the people who can enjoy it now. I envy you :).

This expansion would excite me but there's no way they can undo the ezmode havoc that Abyssea caused. The casual playerbase ("Sorry, I don't have that spell" / "My shield skill is way below cap" / "I can't afford Ni") would never accept it.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Come on now square enix, we can care less about XI.  Release XIV's 2.0, and swim in cash. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

o.0 this game still makes money?

• jessie360jessie360 Member Posts: 65

More grinding for levels so we can grind for gear so we can grind for better gear?  No thanks.  This game stopped being about the journey and is too gear focused.  Not to mention the downtimes still kill this game.

I understand it's an older game, but they need to get with the times.  I played back in 2004 for five years and I played more recently (last year).  I would not bother with this game again.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300
    Originally posted by jessie360

More grinding for levels so we can grind for gear so we can grind for better gear?  No thanks.  This game stopped being about the journey and is too gear focused.  Not to mention the downtimes still kill this game.

I understand it's an older game, but they need to get with the times.  I played back in 2004 for five years and I played more recently (last year).  I would not bother with this game again.

IF it kept u playing for that long it must be good , how can you say to not bother with it.

• jessie360jessie360 Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by gilgamesh42
    Originally posted by jessie360

IF it kept u playing for that long it must be good , how can you say to not bother with it.

It was fun for a time for me, when I was playing with friends.  But a time came when everyone was so focused on end game they just grinded levels non-stop.  It was impossible to find help with quests.  Then, the add-ons/expansions made it take less time to grind, but still required massive downtimes.

I stayed for my friends and the fun I had with them.  Once they went and I was already 75 (cap at the time), I realized what a boring game this was and how bored I was.  I tried again later to see if the magic was still there and if anything had changed for the better.  It didn't FOR ME.

Just like tastes mature, so does my preference in gaming.  FFXI is no longer one of them.  Not everyone will agree with my opinion since it's mine.  If you enjoy the game, have a blast.  I have better things to do with my time than wait around for parties and then wait around to get gear so I can wait around to get more parties.

• KamikazegoKamikazego Member UncommonPosts: 224

I really wish they would update the graphics on this game. :) I love it, but the graphics start to hurt my eyes because of the low-quality anymore :(

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by Razeekster

I just bought this game recently and never even got the chance to play it. Just a hint: Don't forget your PlayOnline Member password or you're screwed. Apparently there is no way to retreieve it.

You actually can retrieve it, just call their customer support. As long as you have a CD key they can reset your information. I had to do it a couple times before.

• mike4fantasymike4fantasy Member UncommonPosts: 16

I hope this will bring us to complete the story from old expansion pack to catch up their requirement. I 'm stuck in very almost finish with Zilart and CoP ... Pretty good to middle of ToAU and WotG ... not yet start 3 add-on series. 

I'm in Ragnoark Server name Yousha ... I need help to finish my storyline with old exapnsion so I can fulfilled my bucket list for FFXI! 

• mike4fantasymike4fantasy Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    Originally posted by Razeekster

You actually can retrieve it, just call their customer support. As long as you have a CD key they can reset your information. I had to do it a couple times before.

It happen to me before too. It's work if you provide the information from register keys. 

Originally posted by Kamikazego

I really wish they would update the graphics on this game. :) I love it, but the graphics start to hurt my eyes because of the low-quality anymore :(

{Yes, please.}

Top-notch art is dragged down by decade old rendering.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Too bad Abbysea pretty much ruined what ff11 was. Get to lv 30 then get to max lv in a day, its worse than wow's leveling speed. They ruined what was the last true mmorpg out there. I used to love the feeling when you leveled up, it felt good, now a days its such a joke. Opened my acct and cancelled it the first day after I found out how much Abyssea destroyed the game. Used to be a longtime player. Old ff11 before abyysea will be missed.. Its permamently ruined now and not repairable unless they remove abbysea entirely which I doubt will happen. Bascally I am upset about how they pretty much removed teaming up in the old world since everyone hits 30 and goes to Abyysea now to get power leveled to 99 in a day or so.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Originally posted by Siveria

Too bad Abbysea pretty much ruined what ff11 was. Get to lv 30 then get to max lv in a day, its worse than wow's leveling speed. They ruined what was the last true mmorpg out there. I used to love the feeling when you leveled up, it felt good, now a days its such a joke. Opened my acct and cancelled it the first day after I found out how much Abyssea destroyed the game. Used to be a longtime player. Old ff11 before abyysea will be missed.. Its permamently ruined now and not repairable unless they remove abbysea entirely which I doubt will happen. Bascally I am upset about how they pretty much removed teaming up in the old world since everyone hits 30 and goes to Abyysea now to get power leveled to 99 in a day or so.

Don t you have to do the limit breaks. If not I missed that memo. If they do still have to do it, I highly doubt anyone powering through abyssea will stop to help. If they re getting pl ed through everything they ll be destroyed trying themselves, because they ll have no f n clue how to play their class, or how the dynamics of the mobs even work.

Like I said if limit breaks are gone, then ignore what I just said.

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611
    Ugh roman numerals...

Uhh... what?

Don t you have to do the limit breaks. If not I missed that memo. If they do still have to do it, I highly doubt anyone powering through abyssea will stop to help. If they re getting pl ed through everything they ll be destroyed trying themselves, because they ll have no f n clue how to play their class, or how the dynamics of the mobs even work.

Sep last year, there were still limit breaks. Still, there are friendly ls's that will help with that sort of thing, as there always have been the biggest pain is 60 or 65 cap which you still need at least 2 helpers for to light all the torches, and then standing at that stupid machine and entering the code.

They removed the cap on most missions like CoP. Airship is fun to duo (never tried solo because I was helping someone that needed it).

• nordyanordya Member Posts: 82

Sep last year, there were still limit breaks. Still, there are friendly ls's that will help with that sort of thing, as there always have been the biggest pain is 60 or 65 cap which you still need at least 2 helpers for to light all the torches, and then standing at that stupid machine and entering the code.

They removed the cap on most missions like CoP. Airship is fun to duo (never tried solo because I was helping someone that needed it).

I restarted after giving up last year and I do enjoy the pace of the game, my biggest gripe is I need to find one of those friendly ls you are talkng about.

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

News Flash : Ten year old game still has some 300,000 subscribers and is getting a full expansion. More at eleven.