Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

£12.99 a month? Pre-order cancelled.

Comments

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

It'll be F2P or dead in 6-12 months, this game isn't worth a subs fee so im going to wait this one out.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by Obidom
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Keep in mind that the US sum includes sales tax and the US one does not.

erm what?

I believe Lord.Bachus is phasing in and out of two alternate realities.

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

it have logic ,once companny not going to produce subs the price it raise even if its going to afec,t but they need to take wtv they can before f2p client. its call buisness

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    Originally posted by gigat
    Originally posted by Obidom

erm what?

I believe Lord.Bachus is phasing in and out of two alternate realities.

The first US probably should have been UK...the second, US/USA. I did a double take for a moment too.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Its not that much? I asked this guy that has been seeking hotdogs of all kinds for years out side this business... I asked hows business? He said people are holding on to their money, $5 is alot these days. No its not $5 a hotdog lol.  £12.99

its alot now days. If we sit back and watch whats going on in other countries and act like it well never be like that here...God help us..please.

This TSW looks great, playing is fun combat is so so. But what are you playing for? Do you get armor? There are things just missing that won't keep people playing. No one had any problems logging in. No wait nothing. Tons of bugs and we have yet to see the rest of the game. ANYONE remember AoC?

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

"No MMO that charges more than the others is worth playing"

^^That attitude is one of the main reasons why we ended up with Cash Shops in games. No developer has had the guts to raise the monthly sub, but they needed to increase their income somehow. Very few things in the world still cost exactly the same as they did 10 years ago. Yet MMO players expect to always pay the same as they did in 2002... image

• camil82camil82 Member UncommonPosts: 50

first its too much for a month sub nad he is right  to cancel it.

as second that i would say they probally charge it by  country life standard, UK has probally a better life standard than most countries in europe, and probally UK should accept euro as their main valute like all other  european union member countries, that they maybe they would have lower costs.

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by camil82

as second that i would say they probally charge it by  country life standard, UK has probally a better life standard than most countries in europe, and probally UK should accept euro as their main valute like all other  european union member countries, that they maybe they would have lower costs.

Not to get political, but the eurozone is getting ready to be a catastrophe, staying with the pound may be the only thing that saves them in the next couple years. The UK was positively brilliant for rejecting the Euro.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by camil82

You do realise that the Pound is one of the strongest currencies in the world? It's tied 5th while the Euro is 8th and the Dollar is tied 11th. There's not a chance in hell that we'll change to using the EURO.

Their prices are nothing to do with our living standards, they're gouging plain and simple lol.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Typical American, thinks the USA is the only country in the world. image

Well I was actually thinking of trying this game out if the launch wasn't a typical Funcom disaster, but now I think I'll pass as I refuse to pay that much for a game sub on general principle.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• TdoTdo Member Posts: 82
    Originally posted by Sameer1979
    Originally posted by coxyroxy
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by jdnyc

That is a lot - it's over $20 US converted.

Meh! Skip a candy bar or a soda. It's about  .66 cents US per day.   

Its the princible of the fact. Some times you just have to say no. To me it looks like fear, they need to make as much as they can before it goes ftp.

They have been charging 18 euros for Anarchy Online for years now, is that a fear too? for a 7 year old game?

*rolls eyes*

Anarchy Online came out in 2001.

Alias Warin

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

A corporation will only listen to the consumer dollar, so keep away from this game at that price to make an impact.

If enough customers actually pay that sub fee, other companies will follow.

Originally posted by Tardcore

Typical American, thinks the USA is the only country in the world. image

Well I was actually thinking of trying this game out if the launch wasn't a typical Funcom disaster, but now I think I'll pass as I refuse to pay that much for a game sub on general principle.

It isn't that we think we're the only country in the world we just don't care about the rest.

ps I kid mostly, I was a history and classical studies major for my undergrad degrees. I am very interested in the rest of the world even if I don't like ya'll much. :)

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

^^That attitude is one of the main reasons why we ended up with Cash Shops in games. No developer has had the guts to raise the monthly sub, but they needed to increase their income somehow. Very few things in the world still cost exactly the same as they did 10 years ago. Yet MMO players expect to always pay the same as they did in 2002... image

I think the main problem is that they raised the price in only one region.  U.S. its the standard 14.99, but 12.99 is more in that region than other mmos charge. 

• MMOSavantMMOSavant Member Posts: 170
    Originally posted by Kabaal

Considering every other MMO.. SWTOR, WOW, TERA, pick one.. are £8.99 incl VAT a month asking £12.99 is a bit cheeky. Especially when it's only 1 country being asked to pay 40% extra.

Well gotta say after beta weekend I was ready to buy it, but paying £4 more a month than every other game is making me think twice now. It's not just the money it's the arrogance of Funcom to think they can get away with charging 30% more than other publishers. I can easily afford it, but this irks me to the point I might just play ToR until GW2 comes out.

Originally posted by MMOSavant

Considering every other MMO.. SWTOR, WOW, TERA, pick one.. are £8.99 incl VAT a month asking £12.99 is a bit cheeky. Especially when it's only 1 country being asked to pay 40% extra.

Well gotta say after beta weekend I was ready to buy it, but paying £4 more a month than every other game is making me think twice now. It's not just the money it's the arrogance of Funcom to think they can get away with charging 30% more than other publishers. I can easily afford it, but this irks me to the point I might just play ToR until GW2 comes out.

That is a strong stand my friend, playing tor out of spite would require incredible will power as bad as that game is. :)

Originally posted by KingGator

/shrug, maybe they're the first company that decided the consumer should eat this tax not them, after all you voted for the represenatives that enacted the tax. mmos are very cheap if you consider the amount of entertainment one gets from a well done mmorpg. No idea if this title is one of those, but I am sure the devs would like to think so.

He said all the others include VAT. We pay tax on them all, Funcom are shaking us down for another 30%.

That is a strong stand my friend, playing tor out of spite would require incredible will power as bad as that game is. :)

You're right, lol. I hope the force is with me.... or I might just go back to Rift.

/shrug, maybe they're the first company that decided the consumer should eat this tax not them, after all you voted for the represenatives that enacted the tax. mmos are very cheap if you consider the amount of entertainment one gets from a well done mmorpg. No idea if this title is one of those, but I am sure the devs would like to think so.

He said all the others include VAT. We pay tax on them all, Funcom are shaking us down for another 30%.

All other games? Or all other countries? I know for a fact that not all other countries charge a VAT, we do not. As I said earlier maybe they've decided to pass on the expense. If they charged you the same as they charged us then they would recieve less money from consumers in the UK than they do here. Excessive taxation can only lead to more expensive goods and services for the consumer, it sounds like you got lucky up to this point.

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

You're right, lol. I hope the force is with me.... or I might just go back to Rift.

I never finished with arkham city, until something not terrible comes out that is my plan hehe

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

I think the main problem is that they raised the price in only one region.  U.S. its the standard 14.99, but 12.99 is more in that region than other mmos charge. 

People would have made a big deal out of it even if they did it globally, but Spotty does have a point, inflation effects us all, Im sure we all remember our grandparents telling us stories how a hotdog used to cost 2 cents. MMo's have been locked to the same price for so many years, so yeah logics suggest a price adjustment is more then overdue.

I dont agree with it being implimented in 1 region but I more then understand the effect, then again it wouldnt keep me away from the game anyway.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

All other games? Or all other countries? I know for a fact that not all other countries charge a VAT, we do not. As I said earlier maybe they've decided to pass on the expense. If they charged you the same as they charged us then they would recieve less money from consumers in the UK than they do here. Excessive taxation can only lead to more expensive goods and services for the consumer, it sounds like you got lucky up to this point.

Let's say that's the case:

£8.99 + 20% VAT = £10.78 it does not = £12.99

So even if they decided they weren't eating the tax they'd still be charging an extra £2.21 on top of that, even before that £2.21 it would be more than any other country pays. I've no idea why you're defending it so much.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Subscription fee 14.99 $month + VAT 15% 2,25$/month = total 20.20$/month. It's certainly good calculation for Funcom if some customer is stupid enough to accept it.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Well with monthly fees as is were talking over a mill a month right there. If an mmo has a 100,000 players which isnt alot there making a good amount I would say. Plus computing in general has gotten much cheaper so the cost of running servers isnt as expensive or atleast isnt so expensive they need more money. I would say the monthly fee's and cash shop are there because people have been willing to support them and not because they are needed to fund the game. 

If your willing to give me your money, Im willing to take it....

This discussion has been closed.