Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release date is aiming to be August or December (release announced)

Comments

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Hi, my uncle is Magneto he should be heading to Arenanet as i type this.

• MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399

Queues Alice Cooper - School's Out for Summer

Stupid kids, go outside and stop trolling and being dumb.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Mexorilla
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    Originally posted by AcidDK

Hello, I'm the uncle and I never told Isasis this information.

You're 21...

i have nephews 15 years older than me.  age is not a factor when it comes to being an uncle.

So you're telling me that...

AcidDK, a 21 year old, is the uncle of Isais who is 23. 

AND AcidDK lives in Denmark, while Isais lives in San Diego.

AND the only proof we have that he is anyone's uncle is that he said so on an internet forum.

Personally, I'm going with skepticism on this one :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

Originally posted by xalvi

I sure hope ANet doesn't have Anti-Mutant policies...

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845
    Originally posted by Mexorilla
    Originally posted by AcidDK

Hello, I'm the uncle and I never told Isasis this information.

You're 21...

i have nephews 15 years older than me.  age is not a factor when it comes to being an uncle.

So you're telling me that...

AcidDK, a 21 year old, is the uncle of Isais who is 23. 

AND AcidDK lives in Denmark, while Isais lives in San Diego.

AND the only proof we have that he is anyone's uncle is that he said so on an internet forum.

Personally, I'm going with skepticism on this one :).

skepticism?? no way!! all of this meakes perfect sense!! :-p

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Wait, is this thread about a gw2 release date or the importance of relatives?

i'm the janitor at Funcom and i know the developers there have a picture of Anet HQ on the wall they throw darts at

• ChillwolfChillwolf Member Posts: 33

I read my coffee grounds this morning they also confirmed an Arena Net internal push for release in Aug..... or Dec.   Or sometime between those months. 

Just imagine what Magneto could do in the Black Citadel!!

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339

NOOOOooo... tell him to stop! We do NOT want a giant magnet near the hard drives at ANet!

Originally posted by joocheese

Black scrapheap after he is done :).

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518
    Originally posted by Isasis

The funny thing is, it sounds like no one here has family members that work for game companies. What is that, like some kind of high prized job that no one can believe people do or does? Is it like working for the CIA? LOL. All of you make it sound like that.

Anyway, ArenaNet/NCsoft has already said they want a release this year.

Funny thing is that you made an inane post with absolutely no proof about an ongoing conspiracy thread and wonder why folks think you are just troll.......

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

Originally posted by joocheese

Black scrapheap after he is done :).

Asura vs Humans vs Charr vs Sylvari vs Norn in an all out brawl, no rules... who wins??

For me... the Asura (they've got all the technology!)

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Relax folks. My uncle, who is magneto, has gone to have a chat with arenanet to greet the OP's uncle so he can thank the "uncle"  for giving us this accurate and confirmed information about the release date. 

p.s- he might still an alienware from one of their employees lol, they all have one :(

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

True or not, 90% of the time, when someone does this, they are full of it....You picked 2 months or were told 2 months, so you probably got like a 40% chance of being right, either way....I am not saying you are a liar, just that usually it is bs, and people are use to it being that...

This is the internet, people can say anything, I know people that lie over stupid things that don't matter in real life...

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

Not confirmed, and it may change. But ArenaNet is aiming an August release, if all goes well. My Uncle works over at Arenanet and told me by phone. But he is just a developer. Not in any high position or anything, but that is the talk around the office. If they miss August, it will most likely be a December release.

Partly the release is because NCsoft is pushing them a lot faster to get the game out there, since the latest MMOs they've had haven't worked that well, over in the Western world. They really need Guild Wars 2 to do good, or they may close up shop or greatly decrease their influence over here. And GW2 has been in development a while, and they don't want to wait past this year.

You do realise that your uncle might lose his job because of you (if it is true what you are saying)? How hard do you think it is to locate an employee that is 21 yo, works for 4 months and is leaking internal information ?

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316

Hello, I am the Queen of England.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Originally posted by dronfwar

If you were the queen you would have a horse as avatar an not dumbo. There is a possibility that DarkPony is the queen. You are not !

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

The funny thing is, it sounds like no one here has family members that work for game companies. What is that, like some kind of high prized job that no one can believe people do or does? Is it like working for the CIA? LOL. All of you make it sound like that.

I know this guy who has a cousin that works in domino's and he supposedly delivered pizza to the arenanet office.  He said they seem to be stress eating about some highly probable delay.

o.O

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• Trolldefender99Trolldefender99 Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by Castillle

I know this guy who has a cousin that works in domino's and he supposedly delivered pizza to the arenanet office.  He said they seem to be stress eating about some highly probable delay.

o.O

ah is that so? I know NCsoft is trying real hard to get ArenaNet to release this year (according to my family member), but maybe ArenaNet will delay anyway (if they can).

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

If they're not going to release in the summer (the smart thing to do if the game was ready), they should wait until the Holiday Season.

I would be shocked if GW2 releases in August.  I can't imagine Anet not coming out with a release date until a month before release, and from what I've played, GW2 still needs about 4-6 months in the oven.

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403

Personally I hope it's more towards the end of the year Sep/Oct will give me more time to finish building my new system!

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by dronfwar

That big boat thing you guys had in the fog was magnificent!

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Castillle

o.O

Word is they plan on releasing a new photo with a possible date when they will make an announcement formed out of the pepperonis on the pizzas. Although there apparently is some contractual disagreement between them and Dominos. Which if it continues means they may go with Papajohn's instead.

Say tuned...

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

I, too, have an inside source and I can without a doubt promise that the game will release sometime after today but no earlier.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

My dad's the president of NCsoft and he told me that if Anet can't get the game out by June 28 of this year, they will be withholding funds and possibly the whole project will be scrapped.  

This discussion has been closed.