Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is your Blacklisted company?

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

None.

I evaluate games. I don't evalute companies. I play games, not companies.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

You lost faith in the company.

For that, i'd have to have faith in the first place. You case you don't know, all companies are after your money. They all want to milk me somehow, and i don't know them in person, so why trust them at all?

Just do this: Play smart with your money. So many players waste money without even thinking and them come QQ and complaing to the internet. All i ask myself is "Do i like the game?" "Yes", then i just don't give a sh** who makes it, because i won't buy at alunch anyway and will save my money for when the time is "right", like discounte sales.

Meh, If you've been burned enough times, do you keep giving people your money? That is pretty much the same thing as "Play smart with your money".  More or less you just agreed with him ...

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

My only blacklisted company is BP Oil.

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

1. SOE

2. As much as I love AC1(still play), Turbine is trying real hard to get on that list too with their antics with LOTRO and AC2(announce the game is shutting down a month after an expansion anyone?)

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

None

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298

EA is the only company I don't give my money to no matter the game.  I hate blizzard and probably wouldn't buy their games, but they haven't made a game worth my interest in over a decade.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

I think Funcom has changed the way I view gaming.  I will never EVER buy a game the first month it is released.  I will never pre-order a game unless it is a pretend pre-order.

Blizzard is the only exception because they have large enough and fully open betas that you at least know you are buying a finished game and know what to expect.  Anyone who bought D3 and does´nt like it didn´t do any homework first.. it took about 5 mins to know exactly what the game would be about ´rare drops requiring AH swapping´.

Funcom, especially with AOC, was a complete scam..  hidden beta with no real information before launch and a ton of hype.   I think Bioware falls more into the Blizzard category.. sure SWTOR is kinda crappy, but I knew it would be before I bought it.  

But really, there just is no reason to buy a MMORPG the first month.. most of the time you have big stability issues etc that makes it a chore to play...  6 months later, you are easily caught up with everyone else anyway.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Bama1267

Meh, If you've been burned enough times, do you keep giving people your money? That is pretty much the same thing as "Play smart with your money".  More or less you just agreed with him ...

Just play F2P games.

Or try a demo first. There is no need to blacklist any company. Just make sure you like the game before giving out money. That is not that hard ...

• BelarionBelarion Member Posts: 570

I can understand feeling burned and betrayed so badly by a company that you will vote with your wallet and -cant think of the word, its not ban or blacklist, oh well- then you choose to never by from that publisher/dev again.

Personally Im too selfish to write any company off. SOE screwed up SWG, I never played it but it sounded awesome pre-NGE. If I had become financially independent before NGE Im sure I would have enjoyed it. Do I hold SOE responsible? Sure Ill never play SWG. However, if EQ3 is an intense and engaging MMO. Ill throw my money at them.

SE's games lately are all sucking large peener lately. To the point where I feel sorry for the company. Like honestly I wonder how horribly their employees feel and how stressed out the lead devs are etc. But do I pray they can pull an ace out of the hat- of course I do!

I love snails.
    I love every kinda snail.
    I just want to hug them all, but I cant.
    Cant hug every snail.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

EA, Funcom, Blizzard, and Square Enix.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

It was SOE, But that ban will lift with Planetside 2.

Now it's EA.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I've never had a personal blacklist, but I don't think I'll play another bioware mmo, maybe after they release a couple of them, and if they can learn from mistakes.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

This is my top 5:

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

I always keep an open mind about games, if they apeal Ill try them, I dont care who made it.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

After what i think was a terrble game that had such a long dev time (d3), it is BLizzard.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• WhiteCrossWhiteCross Member Posts: 120

NCSOFT.....after aion.

I even bought the collectors addition. As soon as I loaded Aion I was met with hackers, bots bots bots bots bots, and a few more bots in the corner.

Then there was the grind grind grind grind.

Quests that say: kill 30 rats, only to turn in the quest and be offered the exact same quest to kill 30 rats (you can exchange "rats" for what ever animals they had in Aion).

Aion is by FAR the worst experience ive had in a MMO.

lets hope AreaNet if far enough away from the Ncsoft umbrella.

• HallowelHallowel Member Posts: 42

My two are Atari and EA Games.

The kicker for Atari was their falure to provide a fix to game-breaking issues with Daggerdale. I even was able to get a refund of my Microsoft Points for the game from XBOX Live after explaining in great detail and providing public forum posting links and other evidence of their failures directly to a Microsoft XBOX Live Support Manager.  It was this and many years of continuing to provide less and less good games that has now made me avoid Atari like the plague. I will do all I can to avoid anything published or developed by Atari. I even submitted an official report against Atari to the BBB.

Beyond SWtOR, EA Games is also blacklisted by me.  The only reasons I have went against this and play SWtOR is because I do enjoy the game as well as BioWare has had my love for many many years as well as my deep fascination and love of the Star Wars Universe. EA Games lost my love over their ruining of Ultima Online for me as well as the ruining of every company they have absorbed.  In my opinion, EA needs to stick to Sports Games and leave MMOs alone.

~Ra Hallowel

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by WhiteCross

NCSOFT.....after aion.

I even bought the collectors addition. As soon as I loaded Aion I was met with hackers, bots bots bots bots bots, and a few more bots in the corner.

Then there was the grind grind grind grind.

Quests that say: kill 30 rats, only to turn in the quest and be offered the exact same quest to kill 30 rats (you can exchange "rats" for what ever animals they had in Aion).

Aion is by FAR the worst experience ive had in a MMO.

lets hope AreaNet if far enough away from the Ncsoft umbrella.

They are owned by NCSOFT, you can't really get any more under the umbrella than that.  Any money you spend on GW1 or 2 goes directly to the corporate coffers.

• wickedshotwickedshot Member UncommonPosts: 16

Ubisoft.  After their pioneering work in always online for purely singleplayer games I don't even look at any game that they're involved in.

Like, there are many companies I am leary of, but I'll still investigate into the game to see if I might like them, but anything related to Ubisoft is an instant shutoff, no interest, will never consider.  It could be free, and I'm still not interested.  There's a slight chance that anything they produce will contain fragments of their douchebag mentality and I'm just not interested.

• Ashen_XAshen_X Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Saydien

This "I will never ever for the love of god buy a game of company X or Y" in my eyes is pretty silly and childish. While it is more than reasonable to be more wary and less inclined to step into another hype trap of certain companies the only one you truly punish actually is yourself. That is if you actually even live up to your holy oath to never ever touch one of their games again. What I very much doubt in case of at least 80% of the people that make such claims.

If you frequent a restaurant and the food tastes like feces every time, it is far from childish to decide to not give them your business any longer. The same is true of gaming companies. They sell products. If a particular company's products are unsatisfactory it is perfectly reasonable to not buy from them any longer.

When all has been said and done, more will have been said than done.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

I dont have a blacklisted per se, but I do look closely when I follow up on any Indie Company (the're usually quite bad) and I will never buy an Asian made MMO so thats all I look for when I look into the inner circle of the companies.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

I dont have a blacklisted per se, but I do look closely when I follow up on any Indie Company (the're usually quite bad) and I will never buy an Asian made MMO so thats all I look for when I look into the inner circle of the companies.

Good for you bro. Guess you will not be trying Blade and Soul, Archeage, Raiderz and Lineage Eternal.  

Same as Zyl, no blacklisted company but I would not play P2P.

B2P and F2P only.

After playing a lot of Single player games,

I would not touch games that have hardcore repitition content like eg. D3 and WOW gear grind.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329

NPCube 

Because they aren't around anymore (no need to check out new titles from them) and they released what was arguably  the worst title in MMORPG history. If you don't know what I'm talking about I suggest you google it.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

None. I would probably only black list a company if they did something ethically wrong to me. Seeing as none of them have done that to me yet, I find no reason to black list any.

Now if I really do not care for a certain companies games I might wait for a sale or something before jumping on board.

• Ashen_XAshen_X Member Posts: 363

Cryptic for the worst customer service I have ever seen.

PWE, owners of Cryptic, for literally scamming their player base.

For those who are unaware: PWE/Cryptic sells/sold Lifetime Subscriptions for Cryptic's two games (Champions Online and Star Trek Online) to people in regions where they intended to block service. Literally, right up to the minute before cancelling access Cryptic/PWE were selling these people monthly/multi-month subscriptions and Lifetime Subs. They still are for CO.

When all has been said and done, more will have been said than done.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

If a game is fun I will play it I don't care about what company makes it.