Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holy Fck PvP in TSW is massive and goes completely nutcase :)

123457»

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by Blackbrrd

So, what's the objectives of Fusang - except for fighting?

• Get the world domination buff
    • Get white tokens to get gear
      • By taking facilities
      • By holding facilities
    • Get xp
    You don't get the world domination buff if you are only holding 1 facility because your whole faction is in one big zerg.
    You get more white tokens for holding a facility for your faction than you get by taking one.

Honestly, the xp is negligible at best. PvP is flat out not an efficient way to get xp if that's your thing. I tested a number of things, and hands down the best method of XP gain was doing dungeon runs. With a decent group you could get between 8-15ish AP every 15mins.

The buff, I commented on this in another thread. First day of this BWE we didn't have it, 2nd day we did. I barely noticed a difference, though the extra HP was nice. Not saying that the buff isn't there, but rather the way combat works it's just insignificant. If you're 2 shotting people, with our w/ out the buff, you're still 2 shotting people. IF you're tanking, with our w/ out the buff you're still taking around the same number of hits, give or take a couple.

The tokens are indeed the best (and imho only) incentive for PvP atm, outside of the fun of killing other players. You can get more white tokens for holding a facility, if your team gets world domination, but the rate at which you get them is a lot slower. Most efficient seemed to be killing players / swapping anima wells.

5% dmg

5% healing

5% crit

15% xp

300 defense

300 hit.

This just for Fusang control. The battle grounds and more.

These buffs are HUGE for pve. and pretty damn good for PvP.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by bcbully

5% dmg

5% healing

5% crit

15% xp

300 defense

300 hit.

Again, I understand what the buffs are. You don't need to spam it in every PvP thread.

And as I said.. They really don't make much of a difference.

Boldened and underlined for you, since you seem to be overlooking that point. I explained this in the other PvP thread, so you can respond to it there if you feel you really need to.

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

When i played Fusang it was quite empty. The only time anything of note happened was when about 50 illuminati (no other faction present on the map as far as I could tell) took the PvE objectives.

Fusang gives me the impression of a really poorly implemented WAR system. I can see factions rotating grabbing control points.

I also personally disliked the zone layout and having to run around entire city blocks to get to a control point. Seemed artificially restrictive.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by bcbully

5% dmg

5% healing

5% crit

15% xp

300 defense

300 hit.

Again, I understand what the buffs are. You don't need to spam it in every PvP thread.

And as I said.. They really don't make much of a difference.

Boldened and underlined for you, since you seem to be overlooking that point. I explained this in the other PvP thread, so you can respond to it there if you feel you really need to.

Just because you say they don't lol? Okay cool dude.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • doho7744doho7744 Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Aeon

The PvP in this game isn't very good at all in my opinion. It mostly boils down to your gear and your build. You can very easily be one shotted or stunlocked and killed within 5 seconds. They have made some balancing improvements since I stopped playing the closed beta around 2 weeks ago, but since TSW is a skill based game (I mean skill based in the sense of progression and not player skill) the interaction between certain skills can get outta hand. There really is very little player skill involved. Dodging one attack wont get you the win if you don't have a oneshot or stunlock available. Fights are very short for the most part. The objectives are boring and uninspired. Capping a few spawn points and a few facilities on a small copy paste map isn't very fun after a little while (unless you are one of the people with uber gear and a crazy build).

To me it boils down to the fact that 3 faction PvP is hot right now and Funcom just threw it into TSW without building the game around balance, skill and fun. Some people will like it and some people will love it especially if you want to PvP where very little skill is involved and your power is determined by gear and how cheap your build is.

Just my opinion though..

agreed.. unfortunatly:(

Yea you would think after all this time they would get it right, oh wait.  It is still betas!!!!