Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deal breakers?

ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
EoC has only 1st person perspective from what I'm reading on their website. It also claims that death will hurt, and that gear will matter, conclusion being that you need to spend a lot of time in this game grinding.

Im disappointed with those two things. :(

Comments

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    Originally posted by Thupli
    EoC has only 1st person perspective from what I'm reading on their website. It also claims that death will hurt, and that gear will matter, conclusion being that you need to spend a lot of time in this game grinding. Im disappointed with those two things. :(

Oh poo, Well good thing you will have Archage to play then?

• WoodwashereWoodwashere Member UncommonPosts: 11

immersion.

• langstondoglangstondog Member UncommonPosts: 20

This isn't for the casual WoW type player. I completly understand if you don't like the grind from these sandbox games. But this is kind of the main point of the game. We'll see if it's "grind" too. It depends how realistic game it will be. The probably closest kind of game like this on the market would be Mortal Online lets say isn't doing the best on the market right now. The game will be for same gamers that like the style but if you don't like loosing gear and intensity of it don't play.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Oh I don't have a problem with full loot or player death... Unless there is a grind every time you die which they make it sound like. I was hoping this game would be closer to shadow bane.
  • joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845
    Originally posted by langstondog

This isn't for the casual WoW type player. I completly understand if you don't like the grind from these sandbox games. But this is kind of the main point of the game. We'll see if it's "grind" too. It depends how realistic game it will be. The probably closest kind of game like this on the market would be Mortal Online lets say isn't doing the best on the market right now. The game will be for same gamers that like the style but if you don't like loosing gear and intensity of it don't play.

yeah, same here, based on what I've read on EOC, it does seem to not be the game for me. The biggest deal breaker for me is 1st person gameplay. Full looting and death hurting aren't big issues for me. Grinding for gear and ganking-friendly world pvp are probably the second and third reasons why I won't play this game.

If grinding for gear for endless hours only to lose it to some outlaw a couple minutes afterwards is the point of EOC, I don't think it will do very well. As for realism, I just don't think that is what the majority of the playerbase is looking for. We want realistic aspects in our games, but not realism itself; sounds hypocritical but I think that's the magic recipe for a successful mmorpg... just enough realism without it being too much. In this case, it is my opinion that EOC goes too far.

I mean no evil/harm to EOC (for all the trolls out there), it is just clearly not the game for me and I have a feeling it is also not the type of game most gamers are looking for. Having said that, I'm sure there are several thousand players who will enjoy ganking and getting ganked. I'm glad they'll at least have a game where they can gank each other.

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

There is a gaming community/guild in Mortal Online called Forsaken.  So you can see how Forsaken Studios got their name, from members of Forsaken in Mortal (and perhaps prior games as well). So it will have alot of features of MO while trying to redo the things they didnt like about Mortal.

• TheAcaro123TheAcaro123 Member Posts: 3

I don´t think grinding for equipment wil be a that big issue, maybe in the first few weeks but after that I imagine getting decent, probably not the best, as easy. This isn´t WoW where you need month to get grind weeks just to get the newest item set with the highest item lvl.

• KhaiyneKhaiyne Member Posts: 8

Isn't grinding for gear a core activity of every themepark MMORPG out there? I don't mean that critically, just that I haven't heard people talk about our systems like that before. In all the themepark games I've played, you basically go through the game to get better gear each time.

Our game certainly isn't easy but we haven't released much information on our economy and crafting systems yet so I'm just not sure where the grinding thing is coming from. Are you meaning because you need someone to gather resources and craft items which you can lose if you die? If so, you can get those items back, providing they haven't been looted.

The idea is to balance it out so that death is painful but not so much that you rage-quit. 

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Why don't they just do Dayz mod Medieval versions.

No gear stats, only weapon and stuff to keep you alive. 

Staying alive is the game itself.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• LiamEastwoodLiamEastwood Member Posts: 2

Deal breakers. I dont really like that term because I have found from experience that features I thought would be deal breakers when a game is in development turned out to be something you just get used to if you find the game enjoyable. I thought first person point of view was a deal breaker for me when I heard about MO, but it wasnt. It was a feature I found immersive and fun. The glitches, server instability, and Henrik's horribly coded combat system were the real deal breakers.

I too thought that grinding after death would be problem, but after watching the feature blogs about the EoC death and stat systems, I dont think it is going to be a deal breaker. Bottom line, I dont think any feature that has been introduced by the EoC development staff is going to be a deal breaker as long as it works as intended. Even the fact that im going to have to feed my character BAHH! Stomach rumbles better not keep me from pvping. This game is going to be pretty hardcore and realistic, and sometimes it might feel like  a chore but honestly, going from quest zone to quest zone to level up always felt like a chore to me too.

"I give a buck about sandbox gaming!"

Embersofcaerus.com