Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Faction will you be choosing at release?

Comments

• BlueCameoBlueCameo Member Posts: 93

Illumanati main, dragon alt.

Blue = caster

Lizard = pure melee dps.

"Good, honorable gamers will continue to fit the bill for the poor and lower classed people. It's just a sign of the times." ~ Anonymous. Lakexeno.com

• hotixhotix Member UncommonPosts: 130

Gotta go with the illum. Best feature ever ow yah.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Didnt plat last weekend but heard they made a lot of improvements. I will go illuminati this weekend and see if its a better fit than the templar character I have.

• azrielmackayazrielmackay Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

suprised so many for templar.. figured more would be drawn to the other two and since templar are the do as your told and don't ask question take everything on faith type I thought this may turn people off... I'm still up in the air though but leaning toward dragon

I didn't really get that from templar.  That is more the way dragon come off to me.  Templar are just organized in a more military fashion.  You are expected to follow orders, but I never got the impression you wouldn't be given pertinent intel if asked.

As to the original question, I'm kind of torn.  Always been illum, but templars have been growing on me.  Plus they have one of the decks I want. 

• Bluefear77Bluefear77 Member UncommonPosts: 112

I am tempted to play Templar because London looked so cool.

But I will be playing an Illuminati (wearing a grey Armani suit).

Last weekend I saw mostly Templars and Illuminait, and not very many Dragons.

• Asuran24Asuran24 Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by azrielmackay

suprised so many for templar.. figured more would be drawn to the other two and since templar are the do as your told and don't ask question take everything on faith type I thought this may turn people off... I'm still up in the air though but leaning toward dragon

I didn't really get that from templar.  That is more the way dragon come off to me.  Templar are just organized in a more military fashion.  You are expected to follow orders, but I never got the impression you wouldn't be given pertinent intel if asked.

As to the original question, I'm kind of torn.  Always been illum, but templars have been growing on me.  Plus they have one of the decks I want. 

I really not sure we can make much opinion on how any of the three groups work or act, other than off the lore of how they are given by the devs, since really outside of the starting part of the game befre you go to Kingsmoth you do not deal with them much. Though i got less of a faith or religious style feel from the tempar area, and more of a group compeltely driven an soldified by traditions which is highly rooted in the mulitary fields.

• stromp45stromp45 Member UncommonPosts: 159

dragon all the way

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Asuran24
    Originally posted by azrielmackay

I really not sure we can make much opinion on how any of the three groups work or act, other than off the lore of how they are given by the devs, since really outside of the starting part of the game befre you go to Kingsmoth you do not deal with them much. Though i got less of a faith or religious style feel from the tempar area, and more of a group compeltely driven an soldified by traditions which is highly rooted in the mulitary fields.

hmm well I got a holy crusader vibe from them but yea I'm only going off the opening movies so it's not a whole lot to go by

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• kaguhoOkaguhoO Member Posts: 84

dragon ofc

they will be the dominate faction

couple friends like templar best so going templar!

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

I was going to go Illuminati but after playing the betas I've decided to focus on tanking least intially. For some reason just seems like Templar fits better with this focus so going Templar.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

If this poll results are indicative of how the population will break down, I see a Templar/Dragon allaince for me in the future...scratch future, tomorrow :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScriveanScrivean Member Posts: 11

The Tempest Syndicate will be Illumiinati, we will be in PVP this weekend, and after launch.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

From what I've seen, not only from this poll, but from all over, is that Dragon is gonna be the least played faction... Kinda fits the whole butterfly effect theme the dragon got going on too, so ye, green it is for me..

From Chaos... There is Order, Order and Clarity.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

Templar, since im a big religious person IRL. Also love the crusader look they got going.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by LaZyBuTCrAzY
    Originally posted by kaguhoO

dragon ofc

they will be the dominate faction

Lol. Gl.

Get ready for the beating of your life this weekend.

Dominate underdogs.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

I had initially chose to go Dragon but since playing the beta's I've now opted to go Templars, the whole look and feel of the Dragon is not really for me, however the more archiac Templars feels more like home to me =)

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Templar has more of a following than I thought... dragon actually may end up being the underdogs in this game.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

'lumi

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

i was  prefer dragons , but  my  answers for secret war event send me to templars ,and  I am stay there

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283

I want to go Dragon but the cloths are ugly and  And no Blood Magic/heal deck

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

This poll seems skewed from what I recall on facebook, official forums...Dragon was the leader with templar being dead last. I wonder if beta changed that. Damn lesbian scene at the beginning!

• some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227

Likely to be dragon here, can't be sure.

It's good to see that players can team up for PVE content even while belonging to different factions, but population balance will surely play an important role in "stuff" like Fusang project.

I suppose we will get localized server at launch (correct me if I'm wrong), so maybe templars will get more love in the EU area, while Dragons might be the favourite in the east, if they are planning to release there of course.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by Corthala
    I want to go Dragon but the cloths are ugly and  And no Blood Magic/heal deck

Are you talking about the outfits?

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.