Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is your Blacklisted company?

ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117

Who is the mmorpg company you refuse to buy another one from?

For me my list is SOE , Cryptic , EA and Funcom.

After SWTOR my list has grown with the addition of EA , Im afraid I'm running out of companys.

And yes sorry Funcom , I would be much more interestead in The Secret World if you guys didnt make it.

I know nothing about The Secret World because once I saw Funcom attached to it, that was it.

I guess im waiting on either Blizzard's Titan or Archage , those are my onlt two hopes and I dont have much faith in Blizzard anymore.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

Comments

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

And the reason i should blacklist a company is?

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

uhm.. probably Blizzard.. but honestly.. if they make a game that i think looks good, i'll play it.    i don't really hold grudges against businesses.  Square Enix is the ohter one i can think of.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117

You lost faith in the company.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Well I haven't blacklisted anyone but EA with thier hatred for PC gaming (no Madden/NHL on PC) and Ubisoft for thier constant delays to multiplatform games for the PC are getting close to going on the list.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

This "I will never ever for the love of god buy a game of company X or Y" in my eyes is pretty silly and childish. While it is more than reasonable to be more wary and less inclined to step into another hype trap of certain companies the only one you truly punish actually is yourself. That is if you actually even live up to your holy oath to never ever touch one of their games again. What I very much doubt in case of at least 80% of the people that make such claims.

• dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306

"Blacklisting" an entire company based on a release from one of their studios or projects isn't going to lead you to anything positive. The issue is over-hyping and spike sales/subs which are destorying too many MMO's now a days. You haven't heard anything about TSW ? Good, after the game's been out for awhile and they have good server stability and have re-balanced the game a bunch of times, try it and you might like it. 

In my personal experience, I have found that jumping on bandwagons and playing games at release always leads to disapointment because no matter how much attention to detail developpers put into their games, it's never truly ready until thousands upon thousands of people have tried it, run it to the ground and found every possible exploit they can.

So instead of saying you'll never play a title simply because it's got EA's name on it (which is HUGE number of games now-a-days) , wait for it to come out , give the devs time to polish it up then give it a try. I hated EVE online when first came out, I went back to it about a year later and played it for nearly 6 years afterwards ... sometimes patience pays off.

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381

For me it's BioWare.  I was never a big fan of their games, they were just too linear.  With SWTOR I thought they would try and break out of that mold but they didn't so I'm done with them.  Not so much for punitive reasons but more I just don't like what they make.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

You lost faith in the company.

For that, i'd have to have faith in the first place. You case you don't know, all companies are after your money. They all want to milk me somehow, and i don't know them in person, so why trust them at all?

Just do this: Play smart with your money. So many players waste money without even thinking and them come QQ and complaing to the internet. All i ask myself is "Do i like the game?" "Yes", then i just don't give a sh** who makes it, because i won't buy at alunch anyway and will save my money for when the time is "right", like discounte sales.

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

EA.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Only SOE due to the SWG NGE and the recent selling of EU accounts to PSS1. They've destroyed the gaming worlds that I called home twice.

I've never trusted EA, Blizzard, or Bioware, but if they came out with something that interested me, I wouldn't shun it without reason.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

EA is the only company that I really really dislike, but blacklisting a publisher based on 1 release from one of their dev studios is naive.

As much as EA pissed me off with SWTOR, if the next MMO they release shows promise, I will still probably buy it, but not without beta access/free trials/etc

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

StarVault... the creators of  an excruciatingly bad title called Mortal Online.  They are so bad that over 2 years after "release" they still haven't shipped the "release discs" that they sold and promised.  That's hard to beat. (and that's only one small example... it goes on and on)

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Originally posted by Saydien

While it is more than reasonable to be more wary and less inclined to step into another hype trap of certain companies the only one you truly punish actually is yourself.

So ... greylist rather than blacklist?

I do think that some management/development cultures simply work better than others, but I don't feel a need to broadcast any negative opinions at the moment.

• oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79

Hell yeah! StarVault is on top of my list ( no need to comment why i guess )

2.nd place for me is NEXON.

Their customer support is just the worst i've ever seen.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

StarVault... the creators of  an excruciatingly bad title called Mortal Online.  They are so bad that over 2 years after "release" they still haven't shipped the "release discs" that they sold and promised.  That's hard to beat. (and that's only one small example... it goes on and on)

Why has no one sued them for this yet? Its such a blatant breach of contract

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

Blizzard and Ubisoft are the only two that come to mind for me.

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

Blizzard / Activision  , BioWare / EA

• MisatoTremorMisatoTremor Member UncommonPosts: 72

I don't think it is wise to judge a book by it's cover and so it is for companies and "their" games.

I judge games by what they are.

A company would have to really screw up by cheating on me to be blacklisted. As of today none have done this.

Misato - TankDoc for Life
  • IrusIrus Member Posts: 774
    Originally posted by stragen001

EA is the only company that I really really dislike, but blacklisting a publisher based on 1 release from one of their dev studios is naive.

How about based on swallowing about 5 (if not more) companies and 20+ releases?

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

I will never sub to a game run by GOA ever again. They failed twice with me: terrible customer service (pretty much read that as no customer service) in DAoC, and I couldn't physically sub to WAR years later.

If I can't access my EQ2 characters on Crushbone, SOE will be the second since I am a euro player though I would only really blacklist EQ2, which is a shame since I enjoy it. It will most likely not stop me from getting PS2 or EQNext if both turn out to be good.

I am wary of dealing with Square Enix because they continued to charge me after I had cancelled FF XI. I wrote to their customer service and got no response so I had to take them off my direct debits list manually.

I am wary of Bioware/EA after not being able to patch up or use DLCs for Dragon Age Origins, and I am wary of EA/Mythic after I got charged 7 times between two accounts for DAoC. At least they reimbursed me and fortunately in the case of DAO, I never spent more money on it than initial boxprice because I had the DLC problem in the first place.

Every other company I will take case-by-case.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

EA, Activision, Blizzard.

EA and Activision have been continuously killing their own IPs gradually, and steered the industry into this whole DLC pisshole. Now we even have Day 1 DLCs and whatnot, it's ridiculous.

Blizzard, with the direction they're going with DRM and RMAH, I'll vote with my money and not purchase any of their games.

• NerfmehNerfmeh Member UncommonPosts: 36

EA , Aeria games and Blizzard.....oh and Perfect World entertainment 2.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Not Blacklisted. . I will always play a good game that comes out. . but I hate whate happened after EA bought up many of my favourite studios.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• ThrennieThrennie Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by darwa

Only SOE due to the SWG NGE and the recent selling of EU accounts to PSS1. They've destroyed the gaming worlds that I called home twice.

Same company for me and for the same reasons. Though I could have forgiven them for the SWG fiasco, their selling off of EU accounts to PSS1 has totally lost me to buying any more of their games.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

SOE, Turbine, Cryptic, EA/Bioware/Mythic, Fucnob, AV and SV. The list keeps growing

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)