Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Gladiator, Necromancer & Warlord Decks

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Funcom has partnered with MMORPG.com to give our readers the first look at custom decks that players will have access to when playing The Secret World. These decks guide players in finding an awesome build for their characters in game. This time, we bring you the Gladiator, Necromancer & Warlord decks. Read on!

The Gladiator wades into battle using both Chaos Magic and the Assault Rifle. With a host of Frenzy attacks she can damage large groups of enemies at once, and control the battlefield by Hindering, Impairing and Weakening those who stand against her. The Gladiator lacks defensive abilities, but can use her maneuverability to stay one step ahead of her opponents.

Read more of The Secret World: Gladiator, Necromancer & Warlord Decks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

oh ffs I guess I better start looking at these decks... the clothes are too cool to pass up.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401

The decks and the outfits are making the anticipation for launch alot more exciting. I struggled the first beta weekend and was on the fence until I actually read up on this MMO and now I can't get enough of it. Finally get to try out some PVP after work, excited.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

they have some good artist working for them so sad that nice art is wasted on funcom :[

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

really looking forward to headstart. Gotta love some of those deck outfits

Hodor!

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

So many of the outfits for Templar and Dragon look awesome- I don't get why Illuminati gets the short end of the stick. Almost all of their outfits look like a three piece suit done up Road Warrior style, or something from Dog the Bounty Hunter.

• gjaxongjaxon Member UncommonPosts: 8

I agree. I am going to play a templar but they could work on the illuminati wardrobes i think.

• GeladiusGeladius Member UncommonPosts: 29

A Necromancer that doesn't summon undead?....Fail

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by uncletoma

But TSW'd be a "no classes" game?

correct, decks aren't classes so much as DEV suggestions for ability setups that work together and a way to get a unique outfit for getting a bunch of skills.   like an achievement.

I doubt that many people will play these preset decks after they get them.  Most will - at the very least - adjust them, but i'm sure many will throw them right out the window.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

dont let the "no classes" fool you. TSW is still all about tank, healer, dps. you just have the ability to switch between or mix and match roles. However from my experiance most group content is still gonna require dedicated trinity classes.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

lol thumbnail for this feature is upside down, good looking decks though!

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by Kenze

dont let the "no classes" fool you. TSW is still all about tank, healer, dps. you just have the ability to switch between or mix and match roles. However from my experiance most group content is still gonna require dedicated trinity classes.

havent noticed that at all, ran the first dungeon with a dps tank hybrid, 2 pure dps, and 2 dps/heal hybrids

• shin_chanshin_chan Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by Geladius

A Necromancer that doesn't summon undead?....Fail

Fail²

Necromancer with rifle?!?!?!?

• BlessingsBlessings Member Posts: 66

I wouldnt get too excited over the outfits, they look great on chars, but ingame, not so much. Some of them are really cool, but most just don't mesh will with the character models ingame. Trust someone who has played all of the different decks, do NOT base your decision on what to play based on the outfit.

If outfits are your thing, there are a lot cooler outfits from ranking up with your faction, or putting one together from the different clothes shops ingame.

On a side note, I think Funcom is going to drop the ball on this one, just based on what I've seen so far, which is everything. Thanks to the NDA being lifted, I can at least talk about current and future things in the beta, and I can tell you, what they have right now, will keep you occupied for about two weeks, and then leave you staring at your screen wondering, why? If you're a fast leveler, don't have a job, w/e, tone that down to about three days, one for each main leveling area. The third one is just for extra xp, you'll be QL10 (highest level of gear) by the end of the second area, and be able to run elite dungeons, which have no requirements to get into, and are so easy its a joke.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

@Blessings really doesn't sound like he played the game at all, my experience is basically the complete opposite. Besides there being eighty areas not three, you aren't exactly finished with your character when you have QL 10 equipment. Plenty of different things to do besides the dungeons with region bosses, lairs with summonable lair bosses in all zones and some PvP that looks really good from what I have seen.

• CamthylionCamthylion Member UncommonPosts: 220

MMORPG putting so much hype and articles out on one of the worse modern MMOs on the market.... give this shit game a rest, and yes I have tried it. 

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263

the necromancer? not so creative...i was under the impression that one may be able to summon or raise an undead... ? did I miss something?

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    @cam don't like the game? That's ok but don't troll when coming to a thread meant for discussing deck builds, plain and simple the game isn't meant for you, maybe it was to hard?

The group content requiring the trinity class system ? Really? My friend you did NOT play this game at all, just wait for GW2 at least that game still has the same old same old formula.
  • BrodieBroosBrodieBroos Member Posts: 32
    Necro should have some control over the undead. Or at least cast debuffs to create buffs. This just sounds like a healer class.
  • KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217
    Originally posted by Aeolron
    @cam don't like the game? That's ok but don't troll when coming to a thread meant for discussing deck builds, plain and simple the game isn't meant for you, maybe it was to hard?

The group content requiring the trinity class system ? Really? My friend you did NOT play this game at all, just wait for GW2 at least that game still has the same old same old formula.

Ive been in CB for 6+months and have beenrunning "currently available" end game content almost exclusively and if YOU are claiming there is no need for dedicated tank(threat) and healer(heals,even if heals are wrapped up in dps type abilities) decks(classes) then you are either uninformed or deliberately trying to mislead people.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

I played the first CB but wasn't  impressed at all so didn't bother with the other tests, tried it again lastnight and have to say it's improved a lot, no idea about endgame but it's holding my interest and the decks seem to give plenty of options to play about with. I'll probably give this a proper go at launch now and see what the rest of the games like. 

• GeladiusGeladius Member UncommonPosts: 29

I actually played the beta, and have to say the classes and abilities don't really feel like they do much. Not sure how to describe it, but you feel like you're using pop guns and wiffle bats. There's no feel to your attacks. The diversity is nice, but it seems to be part of the problem, so many abilities, but not enough time put into sound and effect design in them. Story, quests, and atmosphere are great, more so for a HP lovecraft fan or someone into the macarbre and conspiracy fiction.

• pixelRainbowpixelRainbow Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Blessings

I wouldnt get too excited over the outfits, they look great on chars, but ingame, not so much. Some of them are really cool, but most just don't mesh will with the character models ingame. Trust someone who has played all of the different decks, do NOT base your decision on what to play based on the outfit.

If outfits are your thing, there are a lot cooler outfits from ranking up with your faction, or putting one together from the different clothes shops ingame.

On a side note, I think Funcom is going to drop the ball on this one, just based on what I've seen so far, which is everything. Thanks to the NDA being lifted, I can at least talk about current and future things in the beta, and I can tell you, what they have right now, will keep you occupied for about two weeks, and then leave you staring at your screen wondering, why? If you're a fast leveler, don't have a job, w/e, tone that down to about three days, one for each main leveling area. The third one is just for extra xp, you'll be QL10 (highest level of gear) by the end of the second area, and be able to run elite dungeons, which have no requirements to get into, and are so easy its a joke.

So were you in CB? Are you sure you have been exposed to all content of the game during this time?

Most people have full time jobs, partners, even kids... you know, the 'boring' stuff. I highly doubt someone could get through all content in 2 weeks' time, especially if also getting into PvP heavily (I say this having been particiapted in open beta weekends).

This game is not only for fast levelling but to enjoy all of its lore throughout the areas in the form of quests. Did you try investigation quests for instance? If so, did you do them in 10-15 minutes? With how much thinking/wlakthrough help? I highly doubt you did those, if you're fixated on fast levelling.

There is no such thing as 100% objectivity and sometimes our opinions may be infused with emotions (fanboyism/hatred) too much, but your comment just seems very... awkward (and smells a bit like hatred). Let's wait until the game is released, you play through all content and then report to us that '2 weeks have passed and I am done with everything, boooring...', shall we?

(edited some typos...)
  • batnovabatnova Member Posts: 2

There are arguments that can be made for and against the need for the trinity in dungeons. A friend and I, both having QL 10 gear, basically two-manned Polaris yesterday. I was running a tanking build and he DPS. We made it through the whole dungeon with minimal wipes, maybe two or three on bosses only. And almost each time, I died from being overwhelmed  and pulling too much hate, and he didn't have the defensive skills to manage without me.  We could not take down the final boss without having at least one healer or hybrid healer. We could have definitely done it with a healer without any issues, making the argument for the trinity. However, with us pretty much able to 2 man it (of course it was the normal version of the first dungeon and we had QL 10 gear, when really only QL 3 seems to be the lowest needed), I can also probably make a case for a 5-person team of DPS being able to take it without too much problem, or any combination of characters, making the trinity a little less necessary.

hammerfistclan.com
    STO Team Leader
    DCUO Team Leader