Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP: We all look like girls dressed the same way?

UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

I tried PvP for the first time today and instead of my manly mohawk and leather jacket toon, I appeared as a girl in a generic lookign Templar outfit.

Is this supposed to be that way or are they just ruining my immersion?

Comments

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I believe its a beta.

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430
    Originally posted by UnleadedRev

I tried PvP for the first time today and instead of my manly mohawk and leather jacket toon, I appeared as a girl in a generic lookign Templar outfit.

It's to reduce lag, we use a mask + uniform.

you looked like a girl because you are a Templar.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by rpgalon

Im playing a templar and this made me laugh lolololol.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

yet another reason to avoid fusang.. clone vs clone vs clone... thought this was just for beta though.... ill have to check into that.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

I doubt the uniforms are just for beta, they are there to make the 3-faction PvP a bit clearer so if you are fighting Illuminati you can try to ignore the Templar if it's the Illumniati holding a well or factility.

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

You know, ive always wonderd why more games dont do something like this, its actually genius...and im making the assumption based off this thread only that each faction is dressed in a faction specific uniform for the massive pvp (decided no more spoils im out untill launch so i missed all the pvp)

Instead of 150 players all in unique outfits and looks running around, standardize each faction or teams...putting them in uniforms of sorts.  Not only does it make it much more easier to identify the enemies,theres no giant red names floating above them in this game anyway...also its much easier for your rig to render and should make situations where you have 150 people on screen less taxing.

I was actually quite concerned with how the 150 player map would play out in terms of stability, being a resource intensive game...is this the reason i havent heard that the game is unplayable with so many people on screen?  Or does everyone playing have an i5 and a 600 series GPU?

• healboothealboot Member UncommonPosts: 103

I think its because the game is more realistic than others in the fact that Oposing armys usualy wear uniforms denoting which faction they are with so they dont get killed by friendly fire

• UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    Originally posted by rpgalon

Oh, so the Templars are an ALL GIRL faction?

LOL!

Sounds like lazy programming to me!

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by Crunchy221

You know, ive always wonderd why more games dont do something like this, its actually genius...and im making the assumption based off this thread only that each faction is dressed in a faction specific uniform for the massive pvp (decided no more spoils im out untill launch so i missed all the pvp)

Instead of 150 players all in unique outfits and looks running around, standardize each faction or teams...putting them in uniforms of sorts.  Not only does it make it much more easier to identify the enemies,theres no giant red names floating above them in this game anyway...also its much easier for your rig to render and should make situations where you have 150 people on screen less taxing.

I have to agree. I've always like the idea of faction or guild specific armors and uniforms. It creates a great sense of "allegiance" to your side, but, i'd prefer a greater variety. I think everyone's using almost the same uniform because everyone's going DPS, or whatever the systems is that defines your clothes. I'd also like special armors for the high ranking members, to identify them as such (like commanders)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I´d love to get some confirmation on this, is it just for beta, or is it this way to keep performance issues out of Mass PvP.

Personally i´d imagine that at release there might be different PvP armor and weapons that can be used instead of the standard set.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by Aerowyn

yet another reason to avoid fusang.. clone vs clone vs clone... thought this was just for beta though.... ill have to check into that.

[mod edit]

I really enjoy the PVE of this game.. not to mention I plan on playing this game ALONG with GW2 yet I still see no reason not to be critical on a game during development or after launch for that matter but especially during development. You get to many people with their heads stuck so far up the dev's asses you end up with games like SWTOR and I do NOT want that to happen to this game. Saying that if they can improve PVP I would galdly play it but think it still needs a lot of work. Sorry if that bothers you so much

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

I have to agree. I've always like the idea of faction or guild specific armors and uniforms. It creates a great sense of "allegiance" to your side, but, i'd prefer a greater variety. I think everyone's using almost the same uniform because everyone's going DPS, or whatever the systems is that defines your clothes. I'd also like special armors for the high ranking members, to identify them as such (like commanders)

that would actually be a decnt idea

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

Actually I think the more uniformed approach is better. In the military there is a reason that officers and top brass wear subdued rank insignia. Unless they plan on giving players who get kills streaks and what not an aura that buffs  those around them, we should continue to believe that the top brass are back at HQ making all the important decisions and keep us all grunts when engaged in massive faction PvP.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

1) Looking the same as everyone else is FAIL!

2) Looking different in PvE and obtaining and/or buying gear that looks different, and customizing your toon in PvE, but then being forced to look all the same in PvP is double FAIL!

3) Being forced into an all girl  looking Templar faction is triple FAIL and not accurate to the storyline or the games premise.

4) I can understand to a small degree the uniforms for team differentiation, [mod edit]

I thought this was a MMORPG, the RPG stands for roleplaying game....forcing everyone to be illuminati males and Templar girls all wearing the same faction uniforms is not roleplaying.

Just change the game to an MMO then.

[mod edit]

• Ren128Ren128 Member UncommonPosts: 73

Well, I just tried PvP in Fusang and was quite surprised how well it ran even with many people around. You actually get a choice of 3 uniforms, each one does give you different bonuses or penalties. I think most people didn't notice that and used the 1st (default uniform), which I think is dps. 2nd one is for tanks and 3rd one is for healers/casters. Tanking one does have a 5% dps penalty but more health and defensive stats.

If having everyone look the same is the price to pay for having smoother pvp experience, I'm willing to pay it.

All I get is "Waiting in Que"......

FAIL

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

There are 3 different uniforms for each faction to indicate tank, dps, support. In essence, it is red v green v blue. At first , I didnt like it because Ive always been able to pvp with whatever wardrobe I wanted to look cool in. But in a situation with 3 factions, all human, with identical physical builds, it makes sense. Id rather have color coded uniforms than flags on my back or glowing borders around my body. And it really does decrease the lag factor and allow for a ton of people on the screen with decent framerates. Also, it lets you get a very general idea of what you are fighting based on the uniform which helps a lot actually. If this is a deal breaker for you, Id guess you really didnt care about the actual pvp in the first place.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520

All I get is "Waiting in Que"......

FAIL

Welcome to a beta test... it's not a free come play our game happy go fun time. If you think it's something broken or an issue report it. 

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by DannyGlover

There are 3 different uniforms for each faction to indicate tank, dps, support. In essence, it is red v green v blue. At first , I didnt like it because Ive always been able to pvp with whatever wardrobe I wanted to look cool in. But in a situation with 3 factions, all human, with identical physical builds, it makes sense. Id rather have color coded uniforms than flags on my back or glowing borders around my body. And it really does decrease the lag factor and allow for a ton of people on the screen with decent framerates. Also, it lets you get a very general idea of what you are fighting based on the uniform which helps a lot actually. If this is a deal breaker for you, Id guess you really didnt care about the actual pvp in the first place.

Is there a link with pics for each of these uniforms somewhere, I like the game, would just like to see them :)

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

Its amazing to me how forgiving the fans of this game are. I'll be interested to see how this plays out over the next few months.

This all reminds me alot the fans reactions in SWTOR beta as it neared launch.

Character gen is a fail.

Character appearance is a fail.

Combat is a fail.

Cash shop + sub is a fail.

Are people jsut seeing the potenial of what could be and ignoring what's right before there eyes?  "Lets all hope for a better tomarrow"?

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by Ryowulf

Its amazing to me how forgiving the fans of this game are. I'll be interested to see how this plays out over the next few months.

This all reminds me alot the fans reactions in SWTOR beta as it neared launch.

Character gen is a fail.

Character appearance is a fail.

Combat is a fail.

Cash shop + sub is a fail.

Are people jsut seeing the potenial of what could be and ignoring what's right before there eyes?  "Lets all hope for a better tomarrow"?

Forgiving about what? I prefer uniforms over everyone using their own clothes, as i explained in my post. That's a matter of opinion, like my things people feel about this and other games.

• if this is the way they go for release then, in my opinion, they should not make the role based uniforms visually distinct.  The other side should have to figure it out.

Maybe give 3 looks but dont assoicate them with role

Originally posted by gestalt11

if this is the way they go for release then, in my opinion, they should not make the role based uniforms visually distinct.  The other side should have to figure it out.

Maybe give 3 looks but dont assoicate them with role

agreed 

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Should be colors

templar=red

illum=blue

dagon=green

simple!!!!

Originally posted by DaezAster

Should be colors

templar=red

illum=blue

dagon=green

simple!!!!

would be nice if it just dyed you current gear one of these colors to show your faction when in the zone...