Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Got my money's worth, and now I think I'm done.

Impulse47Impulse47 St. Louis, MOPosts: 158Member Common

This is meant to be a positive "I quit" thread.  Despite my decision to stop playing, I still encourage anyone on the fence about this game to give it a try.  I paid my 50 bucks and I got a hell of a lot of enjoyment out of it.  BAM fights were epic, as advertised.  PvP was fast-paced and hectic, as advertised.  I felt my heart rate increase on several occasions, and there was a definite sense of accomplishment after beating some of the dungeons (Sky Garden, particularly).  Overall, the game held my attention better than any other MMO in the last 5 years and I felt engaged when I was playing.  I got a solid product and I wasn't mislead.  I think the last MMO that I can honestly say that about was Guild Wars (2005).

So there you have it.  I didn't buy the game in order for it to be a permanent replacement for my real life.  I think a lot of people on this board go from game to game with this expectation and are repeatedly disappointed when they poopsock for weeks and then realize that was never the purpose of the game.  I bought the game for 50 bucks and got much more than 50 bucks worth of enjoyment out of it.  I'm quitting because I don't feel like there is much left that I haven't already experienced, but I thank BHS / En Masse for the awesome memories I will take with me.

Comments

  • Lethal920Lethal920 Fultonville, NYPosts: 112Member

    Very similar to a single player (console) game. Buy it for $50-$60, it's good for a play through, in some occasions more than one, and then your done with it. Only TERA is online.

    image
  • RictisRictis UnknownPosts: 1,231Member Uncommon

    I stopped playing Tera seriously a week or so ago. I want to take a break and give it time to get more content before I re-subscribe. While the core game can be fun, I find that it can get repetetive pretty quickly. I am hoping the future patches help the game out a little bit.

  • BlackthornedBlackthorned Spring, TXPosts: 14Member

    It's not even barely a month old and you got your 50 dollars worth out of it? And you can't why people are upset? Cause most people don't spend 50 bucks to play a social rpg game for a month and say well that was good moving on.  The game is trash for anyone looking for a long term game to hop onto and play for fun. If you can justify paying 50 bucks mucking around a bit and leaving ten I think it's the perfect game for you I will agree.  My question is why is it even subbed then if that's what you think the game is designed to be? 

  • StarIStarI Mount EverestPosts: 926Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Blackthorned

    It's not even barely a month old and you got your 50 dollars worth out of it? And you can't why people are upset? Cause most people don't spend 50 bucks to play a social rpg game for a month and say well that was good moving on.  The game is trash for anyone looking for a long term game to hop onto and play for fun. If you can justify paying 50 bucks mucking around a bit and leaving ten I think it's the perfect game for you I will agree.  My question is why is it even subbed then if that's what you think the game is designed to be? 

     

    Me thinks you have no clue how many people buy single or multiplayer games for 50 bucks and than only play a few hours.

    There is a disturbing number of people who don't do any proper research on games, jumping into buying.

     

    Also It's also almost 2 months old.

    And, game is not trash. If you personaly don't like it it doesn't mean it's trash as a product. You should get that in that thick skull of yours.

    Game is very well done for what it offers. Some like it some don't. Just like it works for anything else in this world.

  • BlackthornedBlackthorned Spring, TXPosts: 14Member
    Originally posted by StarI
    Originally posted by Blackthorned

    It's not even barely a month old and you got your 50 dollars worth out of it? And you can't why people are upset? Cause most people don't spend 50 bucks to play a social rpg game for a month and say well that was good moving on.  The game is trash for anyone looking for a long term game to hop onto and play for fun. If you can justify paying 50 bucks mucking around a bit and leaving ten I think it's the perfect game for you I will agree.  My question is why is it even subbed then if that's what you think the game is designed to be? 

     

    Me thinks you have no clue how many people buy single or multiplayer games for 50 bucks and than only play a few hours.

    There is a disturbing number of people who don't do any proper research on games, jumping into buying.

     

    Also It's also almost 2 months old.

    And, game is not trash. If you personaly don't like it it doesn't mean it's trash as a product. You should get that in that thick skull of yours.

    Game is very well done for what it offers. Some like it some don't. Just like it works for anything else in this world.

    I clearly said trash for "anyone looking for a long term game to hop and have fun"  And the reason I say that is pvp is pointless as it provides no sort of tracking and or actual benefit to your character last for a massive 30 seconds max with class imbalance and pve is gear up to gear up to gear up to gear up to do more pve to gear up.  Now if you think gearing up to gear up is fun great, but I'd wager anyone looking for FUN wouldnt touch Tera with a 10 foot pole after they pull back the bait of action combat and find the ugly switch of grind and RNG. 

  • Impulse47Impulse47 St. Louis, MOPosts: 158Member Common

    Wow.  So much butthurt.

    Did you read my post?

    I quit when the game got grindy.  I enjoyed what it had to offer up to that point, and it was well worth 50 dollars.  Hell, 50 dollars buys you about four meals out where I live.  I can eat four PBJ sandwiches instead if it means I get to play a fun game for a month.  TERA puts all of its cards out on the table by level 30... You then have 30 more levels to enjoy the PvE and PvP before the game turns into a grind fest.  If you do it right, this can last a month.

    Also, PvP is its own reward, carebear.

  • VesaviusVesavius BristolPosts: 7,645Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Blackthorned

    It's not even barely a month old and you got your 50 dollars worth out of it? And you can't why people are upset?

     

    Well, to be fair, 'barely a month old' is kinda vague when it comes to talking  about MMORPGs...

    In that 'barely a month ' plenty of folks will have probably racked up 150 hours

  • BlackthornedBlackthorned Spring, TXPosts: 14Member
    Originally posted by Impulse47

    Wow.  So much butthurt.

    Did you read my post?

    I quit when the game got grindy.  I enjoyed what it had to offer up to that point, and it was well worth 50 dollars.  Hell, 50 dollars buys you about four meals out where I live.  I can eat four PBJ sandwiches instead if it means I get to play a fun game for a month.  TERA puts all of its cards out on the table by level 30... You then have 30 more levels to enjoy the PvE and PvP before the game turns into a grind fest.  If you do it right, this can last a month.

    Also, PvP is its own reward, carebear.

    In most games yes pvp is it own reward in satisfaction. Did you have more than a few pvp match-ups that left you feeling satisfied that you just had an epic battle? Do you even remember any of the battles? Everything about the game is forgettable and while I'm not knocking you for having fun, but advising people that its worth the 50 bucks and a play through isn't exactly the complete truth. I simply clarified that if you can justify 50 bucks for a bit of mucking around then go for it but if you're looking to sink your teeth into something long term this game is trash. 

  • ThaneThane berlinPosts: 2,232Member Uncommon

    and that, ladies and gentlemen, is the difference between a hater and a fanboi :)

     

    the haters said "uh fuck, i played ToR for 3 months and now it's boring, FAIL! want my money back"

    the fanboi sais "wowsers, i played TERA for 2 months and it was totaly worth the money!"

     

     

     

    in the end, i'd say an mmo should last longer than 2 or 3 months, whatever position you prefer :)

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • SlickShoesSlickShoes EdinburghPosts: 1,037Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Thane

    and that, ladies and gentlemen, is the difference between a hater and a fanboi :)

     

    the haters said "uh fuck, i played ToR for 3 months and now it's boring, FAIL! want my money back"

    the fanboi sais "wowsers, i played TERA for 2 months and it was totaly worth the money!"

     

     

     

    in the end, i'd say an mmo should last longer than 2 or 3 months, whatever position you prefer :)

    An MMO should last more than a couple of months but for someone to play for a month and think they got there monies worth does not make them a fanboi. I played SWTOR for one month and while the game was a total failure as an MMO for the amount of time I spent playing in that month it was worth the £34 I paid for the game. I think I got about 60 hours of gaming before I gave up on it. 

    It's all relative really, I spent £40 on Uncharted 3 and think it was well worth the money I paid for it but I only played it through twice for a grand total of 16 hours.

    image
  • xposeidonxposeidon Sandston, VAPosts: 384Member

    For a casual gamer like me my attention span on a game has gone very short. I used to play games daily, specially in high school and college. Nowadays with work, family, gf amongst other things my desire to play is kept on a minimum and very casual. Only my first MMO I played for years and then kept playing on and off but not as once. The last game that I probably played much was MW3 and that was just a month of it, now I can't bear to play it anymore just got too sick of it.

    Having that said for me, any game that lasts me a month is well worth the money, even an MMO though I just quit on MMOs altogether, the last one I played was Tera but that one only lasted me 3 weeks before I burnt out on it, after that Diablo 3 took about the same amount of time but after hell mode I was just bored of doing the same thing over and over to get better gear, to do the same thing again. I'm not sure how people pay real money to get better gear in this game and can't justify that, but to each his own. Heck. I bought skyrim and only played it for a few days before I quit on it, it just didn't work out for me with skyrim.

    I might as well be done with MMOs because they have been so unappealing to me as of late. GW2 is probably the last straw that will decide whether or not I'll keep playing MMOs, however I've loved the betas and it's a fresh breath of air for me. However I still can't say with confidence that it will keep me entertained longer than a month, I certainly hope so, I just can't know.

    So to me, the casual working man with activities and obligations but who still loves videogames. 1 Month of playtime is well worth the money.

     

    Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

  • BelarionBelarion na, ONPosts: 570Member

    Frack seriously OP. Why do you use terms like "poopsock" and "carebear". You think it makes you sound cool? Because it doesn't. It takes what I thought was going to be something worthwhile to read and changes it into the ramblings of a douchebag.

     

    The respect you earn is in direct corelation to the things you say and the words you use. God, MMO's are a game where working together should be encouraged. Your views on PvP and those you consider "carebears" are actually counterproductive to the community an MMO should foster. Go play CoD.

    I love snails.
    I love every kinda snail.
    I just want to hug them all, but I cant.
    Cant hug every snail.

  • karmathkarmath Posts: 829Member Uncommon

    Yet, in the ye old times of past, a game with 1/8 of the funding and time spent developing could hold interest for years. If you were not around then, you have no basis to post about the subject. In fact, its people like you who have created its ok to release a vapid clone that doesnt hold even the most casual of players for a month seemingly endless slew of fail.

    If thats what your after, please stick to console games which are, and allways have been catered to your tastes. Stop ruining ours.

  • Impulse47Impulse47 St. Louis, MOPosts: 158Member Common
    Originally posted by Belarion

    Frack seriously OP. Why do you use terms like "poopsock" and "carebear". You think it makes you sound cool? Because it doesn't. It takes what I thought was going to be something worthwhile to read and changes it into the ramblings of a douchebag.

     

    The respect you earn is in direct corelation to the things you say and the words you use. God, MMO's are a game where working together should be encouraged. Your views on PvP and those you consider "carebears" are actually counterproductive to the community an MMO should foster. Go play CoD.

    I -know- I'm cool.  I use those terms to piss off angsty, confused teenagers like yourself.  Go continue to hate the world.

  • Impulse47Impulse47 St. Louis, MOPosts: 158Member Common
    Originally posted by karmath

    Yet, in the ye old times of past, a game with 1/8 of the funding and time spent developing could hold interest for years. If you were not around then, you have no basis to post about the subject. In fact, its people like you who have created its ok to release a vapid clone that doesnt hold even the most casual of players for a month seemingly endless slew of fail.

    If thats what your after, please stick to console games which are, and allways have been catered to your tastes. Stop ruining ours.

    I'm pretty sure those games held our interest for years because we were all 14 years old at the time with nothing better to do after school besides masturbate and / or play FF7.

  • TerronteTerronte Cedar Rapids, IAPosts: 321Member

    I also got my 25 dollars worth out of it (thank you amazon sale). I'd just note at the time of my leaving they were having massive issues with billing and subscriptions and to be wary of giving them your CC info. It maybe have been sorted/resolved by now.

  • KiyonoriKiyonori Sticks, NCPosts: 49Member Uncommon

    They're not, I'm stuck with Tera till August.

  • pezitpezit StockholmPosts: 63Member Common

    This site is so full of retards it is scary. The OP had fun for a while but the retards jump at him for expressing any kind of enjoyment, holy shit you guys need to get a life and I need to stop visiting this site.

Sign In or Register to comment.