Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runes of Magic: Chapter V: Fires of Shadowforge Preview

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

We stopped by the Frogster folks during our time at E3 to learn about Runes of Magic's latest update, Chapter V: Fires of Shadowforge. Read on for the full-scoop!

Players playing the new Dwarven race will experience a storyline that involves setting the Dwarves back on the right track and acclimating to their new environment. This kicks off with the new area of Taffrock designed exclusively for the Dwarves. We weren’t able to pin down the exact level range of the new content, but it’s definitely focused on the beginner levels. The new zone even includes one of the update’s two new instances, the Taffrock Outskirts. This instance is found in the south of Taffrock and tasks the player with helping free the Dwarves from their petrified state.

Read more of Michael Bitton's Runes of Magic: Chapter V: Fires of Shadowforge Preview.

Comments

• TiiKiiTiiKii Member UncommonPosts: 163

Personally.. I love my new Dwarf!! I have  a: Warrior/Champion and a Warlock/Priest. Both are fun to play :)

I do have issues with our new beginning area though :( Some of the quests are broken and that puts this Dwarf in a huff.. Lol

Over and over I keep hearing.. Ewwww why did they put DWARVES in this game?!! I thought it was about time for a new race. Lord all mighty - how long does a game have to go on with only Elves & Humans.. hmmmm??

"Huntress"

• zinger71zinger71 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Runes of Warcraft: Chapter V: Fires of Ironforge. The next expac will see the release of the gnome race.
  • werewoodwerewood Member Posts: 76

So whats the deal with dual classes. I disliked playing RoM since I always had to switch primary to decondary to level. What if I only like one combination, and class X as just secondary. Anyway ... its prob just me ;)

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426

Runes of Magic, one in a long line of games that prove F2P is the way to go and is more profitable than being a mediocre P2P.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by rdrakken

Runes of Magic, one in a long line of games that prove F2P is the way to go and is more profitable than being a mediocre P2P.

Exactly, mediocre wow rip off with heavy cash shop dependance is the way to roll!

• IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304

RoM is nothing like wow lol you obviously have never played it. I played RoM from start and am one of they players that actually played for free an did dailies on two-three accounts to get my free cash shop items. The first expansion made using cash shop NOW a must and they jus got more gangster with it from there. The game rocked until it became 100% pay to win. I miss the days of havin a decently moded set that that I got from knowing the system and how to work the mechanics that could pwn the people that paid 100s of dollars for their gear until I got it to drop from pk'in them LOL. 3rd expansion was fun for a bit but thats where I had to draw the line such an blatant money grab from that point on.  Oh and the ghey protect your items crap they put in that expansion too lol. Damn noobs if you want yer gear protected use costumes >.< like the real pvpers use to : P

Buuut other then that one complaint RoM was a great game with alot of rly cool mechanics. The browser thing might make me give it a try see if its still give us all ur monaaa

• SilverbranchSilverbranch Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Originally posted by Ishkal

RoM is nothing like wow lol you obviously have never played it. I played RoM from start and am one of they players that actually played for free an did dailies on two-three accounts to get my free cash shop items. The first expansion made using cash shop NOW a must and they jus got more gangster with it from there. The game rocked until it became 100% pay to win. I miss the days of havin a decently moded set that that I got from knowing the system and how to work the mechanics that could pwn the people that paid 100s of dollars for their gear until I got it to drop from pk'in them LOL. 3rd expansion was fun for a bit but thats where I had to draw the line such an blatant money grab from that point on.  Oh and the ghey protect your items crap they put in that expansion too lol. Damn noobs if you want yer gear protected use costumes >.< like the real pvpers use to : P

Buuut other then that one complaint RoM was a great game with alot of rly cool mechanics. The browser thing might make me give it a try see if its still give us all ur monaaa

Yeah.  And don't forget the Dupping that was going on.  Can't forget that.  Or the seige map that's continually been broken to the point of booting people repeatedly during a 1hr match . . . wait, that's 10 minutes if the other team is twinked to the point someone can nuke a siege GATE down in 15 seconds . . . lol.

RoM was actually great . . . till 50 to 55, at which point you'll either open your wallets hard-core, every month, to maintain gear levels . . . or you grind / farm forevah, and could "overlook" the huge cheat-holes present in the game that were blatantly exploited.

So much potential . . . trashed.

Too bad.

Wherever you go, there you are.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

While fun at the lower levels this game always turns into a cash shop grind as you have to have cash shop items to improve your equipment to be viable at the higher levels.  Of course the improvements are chance based too.  On top of that every expansion they raise the level cap so you are back grinding out the new equipment and playing roulette with the cash shop.

Enjoy the lower levels and then find another game.