Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Line of Defense: E3 2012 Preview

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

We stopped by 3000AD's Derek Smart to check up on the development of his upcoming free-to-play MMOFPS, Line of Defense. Read on to find out what we learned!

We last checked in with Derek Smart’s upcoming free-to-play MMO, Line of Defense, during this year’s GDC in San Francisco. I honestly came away a bit surprised at how well the game was coming along and more importantly, that Derek Smart was building a game I could actually understand at a glance!

Just a short couple of months later, we had a chance to check out the game once again during this year’s E3. Since I had already seen the game before, Derek spared me the spiel and we instead focused mainly on the bits that had changed since I last saw the game.

Read more of Michael Bitton's Line of Defense: E3 2012 Preview.

Comments

• KhurgKhurg Member UncommonPosts: 45

I like Derek smart. BC game release was not huis choosing and he did his best to fix the problem. I liked the finished product. He is opinionated but I love his passion for his projects. Let me know when you have almost 30 years as a respected gaming developer. He would not keep getting jobs, contracts and games releeased otherwise

• Radar11xRadar11x Member UncommonPosts: 118

I'll be playing planetside 2.

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280

From Derek Smart you can expect alot of trash, but then again, those games dont represent my audience at all.

• huntardhuntard Member Posts: 133

If this game is of any indication as to how well Alganon was maintained (meaning None!) then i will pass and play Planetside 2. Derek has a proven track of below quality MMO games.

• Bobbie203Bobbie203 Member Posts: 136

yea this game cant compete against planetside 2, ill be playing that instead.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

im willing to give it a try when it comes out not like my hopes for ps2 are very hig with sonys track record

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

This is from the worlds BIGGEST shit talker.  derek smart.  Man wouldnt know quality if it fell outo f his ass lol...Also  if you had any personal interaction with him via facebook or  twitter you'll learn  quite fast hes the textbook definition of an Asshole. 

People..Dont suppsort assholes.

It..Burns..

• FailtrainFailtrain Member Posts: 129
    Originally posted by guy232

This is from the worlds BIGGEST shit talker.  derek smart.  Man wouldnt know quality if it fell outo f his ass lol...Also  if you had any personal interaction with him via facebook or  twitter you'll learn  quite fast hes the textbook definition of an Asshole. 

People..Dont suppsort assholes.

Too true. If this game doesn't fail then good for him! But from what I've seen and what I know about the guy himself, it probably will fail.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Ah our old friend Derek Smart, aka bugs anonymous.  I have learned the hard way to always avoid any game he is associated with.