Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Will you ever buy another blizzard game?

Comments

• kyssarikyssari Tipton, IAPosts: 142Member

I'll never play another Activision/Blizzard game again myself but maybe buy one for my 4yr old in the future since that the target audience of their games these days it seems.

• SlampigSlampig Chantilly, VAPosts: 2,376Member Uncommon

Yes I will.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Sameer1979Sameer1979 ParisPosts: 362Member
    Originally posted by kyssari

I'll never play another Blizzard game again myself but mayb buy one for my 4yr old in the future since that the target audience of their games these days it seems.

Need more hyperbole...please.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Elmer, NJPosts: 1,857Member
    Originally posted by stratasaurus

At this point no I will never buy another Blizzard product they are dead to me I do not like the direction the company is going.  But to say you will never buy a game from a company is kind of closed minded.  Blizzard could get new management or current management could pull their heads out of their asses and put out something worth buying but I'm not holding my breathe.  This goes for Activision as well, I'm sick of them getting away with getting people to pay 60 dollars more then once a year for the same Call of Duty game.  They have not updated the engine and the graphics are pretty much all the same since the move from MW1 to MW2.

This is somewhat true, but I think the concept of them winning me over is more far fetched than them turning things around.  I mean, they would have to do some drastic things before I would even consider looking at them:

#1 Split from Activision and keep Kotick away from their company.

#2 Apologize for everything they did under Activision, publically and uncategorically.

#3 Re-hire and Re-open Blizzard North.

#4 Release All 3 Starcraft games as one, for $40 combined

and

#5 Get rid of all the unethical business models.  This includes RMT auctions, cash shops, splitting games up into pieces, DRM for ARPGs, etc...

So, is this impossible?  No, but possibility is a strange thing.  The moon could fall out of the sky tomorrow. 

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• RakujiRakuji Rossville, GAPosts: 135Member

will i buy another Blizzard MMORPG? - No cause they ruined WoW with BC expansion

will i buy another Blizzard RTS? Ya

will i buy D3? No cause of D2 and all its merry hackers.

Kick to the Face.

• GeschaeferGeschaefer Parlin, NJPosts: 117Member

Blizz games are just too childish and simple these days.

After this D3 bomb; im not going to shell out any more pre-ourchase or launch cash to them.

Im going to wait and test the game on friends accounts before I buy.

Theyve made a skeptic out of me.

G.E.Schaefer
    Played: EQ1. EQ2. FFXI. SWG. Aion. WAR. LOTRO. TabulaRasa. Hellgate London. Diablo 1. Diablo II. Diablo 3. STO. WOW. Vanguard. Guild Wars. Rift. Terra. The Secret World. EVE. Guild Wars 2. Firefall. Neverwinter.

• The real question should be will you ever blindly buy another Blizzard game which I will not. I will however wait a month or 2 and see what the forums are saying about the game. If it seems to have good gameplay and the forums are discussing minor things about balance then sure I would purchase. If they look like the Diablo3 ones where people are literally forced to stop playing a character because they can't afford to repair then no I wouldn't. Diablo 3 made me lose a lot of faith in the company and I would never purchase a game from them again on faith. I look at Blizzcon announcements and interviews showing the game to what we got on release and I go wow this game could have been good but instead we got this pile of shit. Unfortunate, but hey companies falter and die some times.

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Rakuji

will i buy another Blizzard MMORPG? - No cause they ruined WoW with BC expansion

will i buy another Blizzard RTS? Ya

will i buy D3? No cause of D2 and all its merry hackers.

Personally, BC IMO of course was WoWs best era... I can't imagine not liking BC if you liked vanilla, it was improvements all around.

• KyleranKyleran Tampa, FLPosts: 19,981Member Uncommon

If they can create a new title and not borrow heavily from what they learned from WOW, sure, I'll consider it.

But I don't see it happening.

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KanethKaneth Posts: 1,922Member Uncommon

I will purchase another Blizzard game as I tend to get my monies worth out of their games. D3 was by far the worst experience I have had with a Blizzard game, which really isn't a bad track record, of course I didn't pay additionally for the game since I am an annual pass WoW player (still having fun with my group of friends who still play), so I am literally out nothing. Of course, I don't just buy games blindly either. MoP expansion beta has been quite a bit of fun, so I'll be purchasing that.

Whether I purchase Titan or not is another story, since we don't even really know anything about the game.

• UnlightUnlight Ottawa, ONPosts: 2,540Member

I doubt I'll buy another Blizzard game.  I don't like the direction they've been taking creatively, nor with their business practices.  Buying their products, regardless of quality, supports those decisions, which just tells them I'm OK with their antics and I'd accept seeing more of it.  Well, I'm not and I won't.

• ThemePorkThemePork Boston, MAPosts: 312Member

No, never again. Blizzard stopped being any good when they merged with Activision, now they're no better than EA, just a sorry bunch of money grubbers. I stopped at WotLK and will most probably never buy another one of their titles.

Yeah SC2 is good but only because it's a clone of SC with updated graphics.

D3 I don't even wanna know. They lost me with their RMAH.

• ZorgoZorgo Deepintheheartof, TXPosts: 2,226Member
    Originally posted by Souldrainer
    Originally posted by Zorgo
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

So the game isn't a pvp game - it is a pve game that will one day have a pvp side feature.

So your protest actually is:

'It isn't a B2W, and it never will be for PVE, but someday, they'll add PVP and so one day it will have a side pvp game which will be b2w, which you don't have to participate in. And that is evil.'

That doesn't sound as dramatic somehow.

Or maybe you can explain why you HAVE to participate in the future pvp?

What other endgame will D3 have?

Umm.....what endgame is it suppose to have? It isn't an mmo......it's a finite rpg ..... with an end. It's like saying....skyrim has no end game....or there is no end game to kotor.....or D2 and D1 for goodness sakes.

Their story finishes. The game is suppose to be over. It isn't an mmo with an obligation in its definition to have a never ending content additions.

PVP is not the point of this game. It is a side feature. You can choose to participate in it or not.

If you deem it unfair or a scam, then complete the game on nightmare mode with all the classes then congradulate yourself, you won D3. It's over now.

• tollboothtollbooth grants pass, ORPosts: 298Member

only blizzard games i've ever played are D1,D2 and Warcraft 2.  Those were pretty good.  I don't play their games because of the art style mostly.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Elmer, NJPosts: 1,857Member

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

So the game isn't a pvp game - it is a pve game that will one day have a pvp side feature.

So your protest actually is:

'It isn't a B2W, and it never will be for PVE, but someday, they'll add PVP and so one day it will have a side pvp game which will be b2w, which you don't have to participate in. And that is evil.'

That doesn't sound as dramatic somehow.

Or maybe you can explain why you HAVE to participate in the future pvp?

What other endgame will D3 have?

Umm.....what endgame is it suppose to have? It isn't an mmo......it's a finite rpg ..... with an end. It's like saying....skyrim has no end game....or there is no end game to kotor.....or D2 and D1 for goodness sakes.

Their story finishes. The game is suppose to be over. It isn't an mmo with an obligation in its definition to have a never ending content additions.

PVP is not the point of this game. It is a side feature. You can choose to participate in it or not.

If you deem it unfair or a scam, then complete the game on nightmare mode with all the classes then congradulate yourself, you won D3. It's over now.

See.. this is why I am saying you need to look at the futuer and the big picture. If PVP is the only endgame D3 will have, and the person who has the best gear will do the best in PVP, and the best gear will be bought through the RMT AH, then the RMT is the endgame... hence, buy 2 win.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• GTwanderGTwander San Diego, CAPosts: 6,035Member

It's not fair to say Skyrim has no endgame. Regardless of whether you've completed 100% of the quests or not, it doesn't end. Thusly, it's endgame is "mindlessly piddling about". Like GTA4 endgame.

Fallout 3 had no endgame, until they patched in the ability to continue playing after the end credits... so, now it does.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Adelaide, AKPosts: 953Member

I will buy nothing from Blizzard or Activision either for that matter.

• GTwanderGTwander San Diego, CAPosts: 6,035Member
    Originally posted by TheCrow2k

I will buy nothing from Blizzard or Activision either for that matter.

I know it's WAAAAAAY too much to ask for... but people should start buying their smaller, more experiemental games en masse, and completely snub the next "shiny bright ultimate shooter invasion part troix".

If they stop making shitloads of unfounded income on their established (and OVERUSED) IPs, and see a bigger surge in smaller ones that end up having developers bought and sold like cattle, then they might gravitate to acting more human, and less 'evil overlord'.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• winterwinter El Paso, TXPosts: 2,276Member Uncommon

If its a good game sure why not? I have to admit while i no longer play Starcraft or  Wow I have always gotten my monies worth from blizzard games. Even D3  which has its pitfalls has had me playing for well over 40 hours so that less then $2 a hour. Try going to see a movie/eat out/bowl/go to a concert/anything on that.

• TrionicusTrionicus Fort Lauderdale, FLPosts: 497Member

I have no clue, I like to play good games but at some point it's too not worth it. D3's always online motto is more then screwball and since I live in a place that could lose power for days because of natural disaster... I'm not a fan of their tactics is all. If the trend is more battle.net with no offline mode then no D3 would be my last mistake.

Unless it's an MMO, then obviously being online is a must. I could confidently say I'll never buy a call of duty game, how's that?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member
    Probably, yeah.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• newbinatornewbinator LA, CAPosts: 780Member

Yes, I'll be buying Mists of Pandaria. Why do you ask?

• stoolstool AdelaidePosts: 11Member
    Hell maybe!
  • GrayImpactGrayImpact NetherlandsPosts: 983Member Uncommon

Can't really properly vote.. I mean, if they stop sucking sure i will.

The chance of buying a game launch day though, absolutely no chance, I'll wait a month to see the whining and see if theres any legitimate complaints.

• GrrlGrrl B-Town, CAPosts: 364Member

Voted yes. Most definitely.