Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Tera PVP worth subbing for?

GeschaeferGeschaefer Member Posts: 117

I love PVP. Popbable the only reason why i play MMO's and level sharacters.

Question is: Is teras PVP god enough to buy the game and subb?

Im quite tired of buying games who claim to have new and amazing PVP; then they announce that its not ready at launch,, 

Any feedback ?

G.E.Schaefer
Played: EQ1. EQ2. FFXI. SWG. Aion. WAR. LOTRO. TabulaRasa. Hellgate London. Diablo 1. Diablo II. Diablo 3. STO. WOW. Vanguard. Guild Wars. Rift. Terra. The Secret World. EVE. Guild Wars 2. Firefall. Neverwinter.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Geschaefer

Im quite tired of buying games who claim to have new and amazing PVP; then they announce that its not ready at launch,, 

Any feedback ?

really depends what you consider "good" pvp.. some like organized, structured pvp with a purpose. Some like zerg vs zerg. Some like free for all no rules gear based PVP... so it all really depends on the person so you need ot be more specific on what you like.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• GeschaeferGeschaefer Member Posts: 117

I like all PVP.

I particularly like open world,, skeaking up and killing..

Have you played TERA and have you PVP'ed in it?

Their free trial wont even let me use /say chat let alone PVP.. So any feeback would be greatly appreciated

G.E.Schaefer
    Played: EQ1. EQ2. FFXI. SWG. Aion. WAR. LOTRO. TabulaRasa. Hellgate London. Diablo 1. Diablo II. Diablo 3. STO. WOW. Vanguard. Guild Wars. Rift. Terra. The Secret World. EVE. Guild Wars 2. Firefall. Neverwinter.

• CitalkayCitalkay Member Posts: 141

No.

• LissylLissyl Member UncommonPosts: 271

I like all PVP.

Their free trial wont even let me use /say chat let alone PVP.. So any feeback would be greatly appreciated

I have played TERA and pvp'ed in it.  I typically do not like pvp.  My experience was that the pvp in and of itself was quite fun, even for someone who typically doesn't like it.  However, the ganking/zerging drove me away from it as it invariably does.

If the ganking/zerging is something you do not mind, then yes you will almost certainly enjoy TERA pvp.  Do note that the 'action lock' is in pvp (where you can't move freely during move execution) just as in pve; that is the one thing that pvp'ers typically complain about IF they don't enjoy TERA's pvp.  Those who don't mind that really seem to love the pvp.

Remember there are -no- battlegrounds at the moment, nor will there be until September.  Even then, bg's will be for max level only according to current plans.  But there is as much open world pvp as you'd like, because there are no factions.  Everyone is a target for you.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

I'm not sure if the trial forces you onto some server or not, but you can PvP after level 11 on the PvP servers. You go to Velika and get your "Outlaw" skill. It's a toggle skill, so when you have it on, you can attack people at will, but your name also turns red so you're a target for all.

EDIT: I love the PvP in Tera but like someone said above, it isn't structured whatsoever. You go out and look for it on your own. All I wish for is for them to release an area where essentially all level 60s need to gather to farm materials.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I like all PVP.

I played up to my 30s.. didn't PVP much though to me I don't enjoy gear based PVP... while TERA has little more skill involved while leveling its still very much a gear based game. There is no stealth class so no real sneaking up but there is open world.. well basically all there is is open world till battlegrounds go in... honestly for me its a big no on pve and pvp but others would disagree

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• EwanisEwanis Member UncommonPosts: 39

PvP in Tera is great, i love it. Its so good for me, that as a player that plays MMO's just for pvp, one of very few times of my MMO's experience i can live with grearing up for pvp by doing pve. For me the most important part of Tera's pvp is that it is not instanced in any way (no sh1tty bg's or arenas), you just go out of the city flag yourself and you have as much opvp as you wish ;)

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

Any feedback ?

It depends on your view on pvp.

Owpvp - yes

Battlegrounds - no

Siege system - no

Spawn camping - no

griefing - yes

ganking - yes

zergfest - yes

pvp reward system - no

guild versus guild - yes

full loot - no

gearbased pvp - yes

instanced channels - yes

• CeromusCeromus Member UncommonPosts: 114

I am a PvPer and I just unsubscribed from Tera.

The reason I unsubscribed is the community is intolerable. I am not talking about chat. I sat there doing the whole retarded nexus grind to obtain my PvP gear. I got my PvP gear enchanted, I did the stupid grinding to get my Zyrk items. Then I go to do even more PvE to get my advance glyphs but guess what?

BOOTED
    BOOTED
    BOOTED
    BOOTED

I haven't even touched a fucking mob in Temple of Temerity thats how quick they are to boot someone that doesn't have t13 PvE items.

• PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105

If you like the combat in TERA I think you'll enjoy the PVP but there are some problems.

Safe zone huggers can be frustrating

No battlegrounds (suppose to be released Aug/Sept)

Doing Nexus to get PVP gear (I would say doing 2 weekends of Nexus should get you close to getting your full T12 PVP set if you don't miss any of them)

Enchanting your gear is frustrating

Running TOT a lot just to get your master glyphs

Been doing dailies just to get my 2 rings and 2 earrings for the extra stat and crystal slots. This can take weeks.

Guild vs Guild battles are a lot of fun though. It will be interesting to see how GVG will work during the next election when 5-10 guilds are at war with each other to get Vanarch.

• xxtriadxxxxtriadxx Member UncommonPosts: 155

Played a Red Warrior  from level 12 to level 45ish or so.....then  quit. Was always red during that period.

+

PvP is fun ..fast paced..open world. You can enter towns do quests etc while red(a HUGE + to the devs for finally stopping the overwhelmingly negative effects on reds in more recent pvp games)

-

There is zero point to it. There are no mechanics for any kind of bounty, murder, or any system.

--

It was starting to become a gear focused pvp game when I quit..now its really lear that is what it will be. Gear = Win.

Its fun but much like the combat is fun it wears thin after a bit.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by Ceromus

BOOTED
    BOOTED
    BOOTED
    BOOTED

Sadly, all games are ending up like that. WoW's gearscore started it, and now no other game can escape it.

It's like you have to have claimed every single piece of epic gear from the very instance you're doing - to GET said epic gear - before anyone even lets you run it with them.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331

Any feedback ?

important things to note that right now PVP has no rewards or purpose, though if you're part of a guild war then there are points and assuming if that one patch is in, then the top guilds running for Vanarch of each province are automatically in a huge war to determine the positions in the end for what area they rule.  BG are getting implemented way later.  So right now you will be grinding Hardmode dungeons over and over and over for gear since there really isn't too much to do anymore.  I left the game and gave me fully gear T13 lancer to my guild leader to use to help gear up the rest of the guild.  When I come back which is when BGs is back ill be playing that lancer again.  The only good thing about pvp is that it does take skill since aiming, position, blocking is crucial.  

• CeromusCeromus Member UncommonPosts: 114

Originally posted by GTwander
    Originally posted by Ceromus BOOTED BOOTED BOOTED BOOTED
    Sadly, all games are ending up like that. WoW's gearscore started it, and now no other game can escape it.

It's like you have to have claimed every single piece of epic gear from the very instance you're doing - to GET said epic gear - before anyone even lets you run it with them.

Yeah thats true but in WoW the instances are easy enough to where the requirements are more reasonable. In Tera PvE is more frustrating and people are far more serious about picking and choosing top geared players for the encounters.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Any feedback ?

I stopped trusting ANY feedback from this forum. Some just advertise, some just plain #^%* on games. Many are actually employed for this.

Try it yourself, it has a free 7 day trial, limited to lvl 23 for each class.

• pwainpwain Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by BTrayaL

Any feedback ?

I stopped trusting ANY feedback from this forum. Some just advertise, some just plain #^%* on games. Many are actually employed for this.

The trail version does not allow PvP. I also like to know if PvP is ok, fun or just trash

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Originally posted by pwain
    Originally posted by BTrayaL

Any feedback ?

The trail version does not allow PvP. I also like to know if PvP is ok, fun or just trash

The third one.

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

Been PVPing a lot in Tera and don't really understand people that say there's no pvp in Tera, just go outlaw and people will jump you.

The pvp system is fun as long you are not one of those girlies that don't pvp if they don't get any tokens/medals/points or whateer. It's action combat and I killed a quite a few people with higher levels or better gear.

Gear matters but it's easy to obtain and enchant, been running around in +6-+9 gold gear during my whole xping time, so don't really understand complaints about people with better gear.

As for gankers, I rarely had issues with gankers even though it happens every few days, not that I really care. At lower levels there were some typical lowbie gankers, but since you can just switch the channel at lower levels, only cluless people get affected by them.

LFG!
  • EwanisEwanis Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by eHug

The pvp system is fun as long you are not one of those girlies that don't pvp if they don't get any tokens/medals/points or whateer.

Nothing can be more true.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

tera pvp its outstanding and 1000 better than WoW pvp, but at end level its still geared basis, need some skill though.

• XPraetorianXXPraetorianX Member CommonPosts: 107

Tera has awesome graphics. The engine runs very well even with lots of peeps in a gvg pvp match. That said I stopped my sub as TSW is just more fun atm. Im not one to say this mmo is better than that mmo cause who am I to say what you will like. Best way to know is to buy it. Think about it you spend more then $50.00 going out with your GF, BF husband or wife. If all you do is play for one month its still a good deal. I pretty much buy every MMO that comes out. Play it and decide for my self. I never felt cheated except for WAR. I logged in and saw the graphics and was like you got to be kidding me. Checked to make sure they where turned all the way up. Still looked like garbage and logged out. After the awesome cutscene I was shocked by how terrible the graphics where. I know got off subject but that WAR purchase has been eating at me for years. I feel so good to get that off my chest. Anyway, Tera is fun there are tons of quest. They are very generic but the cool combat makes up for it in some ways. The grind is not a factor as there is none. The dungeons are well done and rewarding. Just my thoughts.

Happy B-day America. Thanks to all the men and women who serve that are reading this post.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

I say wait a week for people who play K-Tera to sent the new of the new update that went live i guess yesterday for them. And play the 7 day trial and decide from there. If you enjoy the trial and the QoA pt2 looks good to you get the game, even though we aren't getting it for other month or so your going to need that time to catch up. So far battleground has 10mins cd, but considering how fights can easly last over 10mins i guess its not really much of a problem, i think what it prevents is like total over geared or really good re-made going in and instantly wiping groups in few mins farming BG way too fast lol.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

The OWPVP is great, im just waiting for them to remove channels and let me loot players that I kill. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• Poison_AdelePoison_Adele Member CommonPosts: 287

Not really. The PVP in and of itself is fairly good, but it seems to have been an afterthought at best. The PvE itself is just a skeleton, and the game seems slated to last as a F2P if anything. There is much better PVP had to be found in other games, even F2P games. Games where combat isn't stop-click-stop-click-stop-click, or where actually thinking about your moves pays off...

Having wasted a month's subscription and box price on the game, my suggestion is "no".

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by Poison_Adele

Games where combat isn't stop-click-stop-click-stop-click, or where actually thinking about your moves pays off...

Well I can't speak for PvP, but I find the PvE to be really well done (besides the questing methods). It's a game where instinct is key, rather than premeditation. As a sorc I find myself using my backstep and forward-teleport constantly, and the latter even helps me move into a position to gain a better advantage as well. It's far less boring, and to a certain extent, mind-numbing, than typical MMO combat - and I am very much enjoying it atm.

Though, this doesn't mean I likely won't hit a wall at level 60 and drop my sub at some point. To me, a subscription requires enough side-content or metagame to keep me hooked past the moment I've "done it all". So, we'll see.

~The game is making it very hard to go back to EQ-style combat all-together... but that is something that has been in the works, for me, since DDO/FE/DF/MO/etc.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture