Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holy Fck PvP in TSW is massive and goes completely nutcase :)

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Zergs will be found in all mass pvp games. What I don't like is the fact that you have to be completely geared up to have any chance.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Kuppa

Zergs will be found in all mass pvp games. What I don't like is the fact that you have to be completely geared up to have any chance.

this and the fact small groups don't really have any point from what I saw and played... at least in WvWvW you could gather resources and build seige weapons.. A well organized small group of players could actually take out entire zergs I just don't see that type of gameplay in this warzone its just zerg vs zerg and bigger zerg generally wins.. yawn.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540
    Originally posted by maitrader
    Originally posted by Byteboy

So, I haven't been in the CB for long and havent been able to play a truckload of time like many have around here. Either way I can't talk about previous CB experiences so I decided to log in today and see what, if anything, had changed.

With that said. Im not sure what to make of pvp in this game yet. I was in the pvp queue for BGs for probably 3 hours. Never went in....I ask in the general chat and people tell me there are too many times only one or two folks dominate a match because of "their build". They keep one and two shotting folks, I have no clue how can a "build" do something like that, to me it sounds more like simple gear based pvp. Or maybe the outer skills in the wheel are ubber powerfull, idk.

Fusang, tried that too. Unfortunately didn't enjoy it one bit....At first there was one guy camping spawn point and did away with me in maybe two hits. There were people in my team but for some reason no one talked back so I could not get any help. After a while more folks spanwed so I was able to move on, hoping to get some pvp action post NDA. Well, turns out it was the same thing. Two shotted here, one shotted there. Either I have the worst "build" in the game or everyones has better gear than me. I suspect the latter.

Still, I expect they have something up their sleeves for the OB. At the very least I hope folk queue up for the BGs...

Remember if you just got into CB your PvP'ing against people who have been in CB for months and have QL10 everything which makes a huge difference. Our CB characters are not in the BWE's so this weekends PvP will be people who have only had a few weekends to play and are not geared out which should provice a better experience if your just starting.

But thats ridiculous....only the higher tier folks will be able to pvp in this game??? its ok for OB cause everyone is in the same field and even then if you start playing on sunday there are folks who will have played all weekend long, how do you keep it competitive then?

........................... ummmm.... lol ... how do you keep competitive in any game??????????????? ............. hmmmm .. well ... by maybe playing the fuqqing game?

Which translates to: be prepared to take it up the backside for a while because you're nothing but a gib waiting to happen until you've paid your grinding dues.  F*ck skill.  A real man is defined by his bling.

I've been hearing that PvP is the weakest part of the game.  Sounds confirmed to me.

• AeonAeon Member Posts: 39

The PvP in this game isn't very good at all in my opinion. It mostly boils down to your gear and your build. You can very easily be one shotted or stunlocked and killed within 5 seconds. They have made some balancing improvements since I stopped playing the closed beta around 2 weeks ago, but since TSW is a skill based game (I mean skill based in the sense of progression and not player skill) the interaction between certain skills can get outta hand. There really is very little player skill involved. Dodging one attack wont get you the win if you don't have a oneshot or stunlock available. Fights are very short for the most part. The objectives are boring and uninspired. Capping a few spawn points and a few facilities on a small copy paste map isn't very fun after a little while (unless you are one of the people with uber gear and a crazy build).

To me it boils down to the fact that 3 faction PvP is hot right now and Funcom just threw it into TSW without building the game around balance, skill and fun. Some people will like it and some people will love it especially if you want to PvP where very little skill is involved and your power is determined by gear and how cheap your build is.

Just my opinion though..

Originally posted by Aeon

The PvP in this game isn't very good at all in my opinion. It mostly boils down to your gear and your build. You can very easily be one shotted or stunlocked and killed within 5 seconds. They have made some balancing improvements since I stopped playing the closed beta around 2 weeks ago, but since TSW is a skill based game (I mean skill based in the sense of progression and not player skill) the interaction between certain skills can get outta hand. There really is very little player skill involved. Dodging one attack wont get you the win if you don't have a oneshot or stunlock available. Fights are very short for the most part. The objectives are boring and uninspired. Capping a few spawn points and a few facilities on a small copy paste map isn't very fun after a little while (unless you are one of the people with uber gear and a crazy build).

To me it boils down to the fact that 3 faction PvP is hot right now and Funcom just threw it into TSW without building the game around balance, skill and fun. Some people will like it and some people will love it especially if you want to PvP where very little skill is involved and your power is determined by gear and how cheap your build is.

Just my opinion though..

agreed.. unfortunatly:(

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• tarestares Member Posts: 381

I'm shocked TSW would let so many in this open beta and then let players PvP.  Is like they are trying hard to keep people from buying the game.

Everyone seems to have a templar, 3 hour wait to do any PvP.

I'm playing a dragon, zero second wait but we have 1/3 the players of any other faction once we zone into the PvP game.

Some players are rocking tier 5 and can instant gib the Tier zero newbies.

Build doesn't seem to matter one bit due to the zerg but also in 1v1.   My 100% AR build obviously got nerfed since last open beta,  it doesn't have anything going for it but I still top the DPS out chart and can kill 1 v 1 with my one builder and one finisher. So QQQQQEQQQQQE.  maybe I am more geared, but I didn't spend much SP.

Having so few players on my team makes doing anything pointless so I roam around and kill straglers but it is pretty boring.  One thing I did noticed is so many people use the same abilities.

• Sameer1979Sameer1979 Member Posts: 362

Well that was anti climatic, no one in our guild could join Fusang, we were getting kicked out of map repeatedly. It went lot smoother in CB though. I gave up after 6 tries, i will try later to see if it lets me in.

Originally posted by tares

I'm shocked TSW would let so many in this open beta and then let players PvP.  Is like they are trying hard to keep people from buying the game.

Everyone seems to have a templar, 3 hour wait to do any PvP.

I'm playing a dragon, zero second wait but we have 1/3 the players of any other faction once we zone into the PvP game.

Some players are rocking tier 5 and can instant gib the Tier zero newbies.

Build doesn't seem to matter one bit due to the zerg but also in 1v1.   My 100% AR build obviously got nerfed since last open beta,  it doesn't have anything going for it but I still top the DPS out chart and can kill 1 v 1 with my one builder and one finisher. So QQQQQEQQQQQE.  maybe I am more geared, but I didn't spend much SP.

Having so few players on my team makes doing anything pointless so I roam around and kill straglers but it is pretty boring.  One thing I did noticed is so many people use the same abilities.

Three faction PvP is hot right now, that is why they let people play it during the open beta I guess.

If you think QL 5 gear is crazy just wait till the game launches and you get thrown around by someone with QL 10 purple gear enhanced with purple glyphs and purple signets. Of course all that takes a long time to grind.

Build may not matter much against a zerg but if you are geared out and have an uber build than you will be able to take out quite a few lowbies before they get you. 

Also a tip for building your character is not to go purely with one weapon. You can take passives from any weapon tree and apply them to your build. So wheather you have one weapon or two (which I would recomend) adding passives from other weapon trees that activate off of your attacks will make you're build that much better.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Just my opinion though..

There is a bug. Well I think it was said "we forgot to put it in." There is supposed to be a 1 second CD on "On hit passives" No one passive can proc more than once a second. 

The way things are (They may have already patched it) on hit passives are cascading and procing off each other. This is what's cause the fast kills. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by bcbully

Just my opinion though..

There is a bug. Well I think it was said "we forgot to put it in." There is supposed to be a 1 second CD on "On hit passives" No one passive can proc more than once a second. 

The way things are (They may have already patched it) on hit passives are cascading and procing off each other. This is what's cause the fast kills. 

I have to be honest here, the sheer amount of issues in this game, when it's 9 days away from launch is absolutely staggering! I've been saying this for a few months now: this game needs more time. We're 9 days away and the abilities don't even work right?

Just my opinion though..

this is a bug they said will be fixed but really doesn't change the fact PVP is still very gear dependent and really pointless till everyone is QL10 geared so guess it's fine for endgame but wouldn't really suggest it for any other time aside from that

Just my opinion though..

That may be true but I wasn't just talking about broken AR builds. There are still single hit kills. So that bug has nothing to do with one shotting someone by building a massive crit damage stat, using a hard hitting ability in conjunction with a auto crit ability. Or for the most part chaining stun after stun abilities on someone. 5 seconds is more than enough time to stunlock and kill most people.

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430
    Originally posted by heartless

Just my opinion though..

I have to be honest here, the sheer amount of issues in this game, when it's 9 days away from launch is absolutely staggering! I've been saying this for a few months now: this game needs more time. We're 9 days away and the abilities don't even work right?

it's not really a bug, they nerfed the proc in the passives skills, but some of then they forgot to change...

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Just my opinion though..

this is a bug they said will be fixed but really doesn't change the fact PVP is still very gear dependent and really pointless till everyone is QL10 geared so guess it's fine for endgame but wouldn't really suggest it for any other time aside from that

you hit Qlv 10 when you are half way trought the game....

Originally posted by rpgalon

Just my opinion though..

haven't played past QL4 stuff so couldn't say but either way still don't see point of PVP until you are well geared and even then it's still just zerg vs zerg in fusang

• CrisazgoCrisazgo Member Posts: 42

I tried 3 of the bg's on the beta tonight.

Ive never played the game before. I saw a message saying dodge is temporary disabled maybe that makes a big different but..

Wow it was terrible. Stonehenge people just stnading around shooting with shotguns and stuff. The animations are really wooden. All you see is little numbers ticking off no real damage to it. The game feels like its not fluid at all. I was kiting some melee around and it jsut didnt seem right the way characters interact with obstacles. I also seemed to take hits when im long way away or maybe its from someone shooting me hard to tell theres barely any animations?

The combination of no aiming and lots of spammable skills with from what i could tell no animation to indicate what was coming if they were about to do a big attack. It felt like a brianless zergfest. The first game was alittle fun but it got stale really fast. Again i wasnt sure if the dodge is something like tera/gw2 that was missing might make alittle different.

it honestly felt early stage beta far from release. Or like i was playing a low budget indie game. I actually enjoyed the pve side much more the questing was something a bit different to what i had experienced in other mmos combined with the unqiue(to me) setting. Just the pvp has really put me off. Everyone looks exactly the same also, not sure if this is temporary.

haven't played past QL4 stuff so couldn't say but either way still don't see point of PVP until you are well geared and even then it's still just zerg vs zerg in fusang

Sorry but you can't have everything. And yes it doesn't even take that long to get QL 10 items, the progression in TSW is not like WOW where you raid to get shinies till your fingers bleed.

As far as zerg is concerned DAOC is one of the best PVP games ever, what do you think it was? what do you think it will be in GW2?

Don't want to be part of a zerg do what my guild does, make a small party and take on bigger groups for challenge or kill stragglers if solo.

Originally posted by rpgalon

Just my opinion though..

That isn't true. In closed beta I had full QL 10 gear and completed all the available missions but only had around 175 skills out of 500. Once you complete the last zone the game turns into grinding the last few zones and dungeons over and over again for purple gear, purple enhancements and AP (of course !L 10 purple gear is way better than your standard QL 10 gear, so maybe that is what you are talking about) . Unless Funcom is hiding 8 more zones somewhere I would have to say you are far from half way through the game once you get QL gear and I didn't exploit to get full purple sets either.

Originally posted by Sameer1979

Sorry but you can't have everything. And yes it doesn't even take that long to get QL 10 items, the progression in TSW is not like WOW where you raid to get shinies till your fingers bleed.

As far as zerg is concerned DAOC is one of the best PVP games ever, what do you think it was? what do you think it will be in GW2?

Don't want to be part of a zerg do what my guild does, make a small party and take on bigger groups for challenge or kill stragglers if solo.

again in other games such as GW2 you have other objectives and can build seige weapons that can take out large amount of players so a small group can take on a zerg if played right.. I just see nothing like that here.. not to mention you get a boost in gw2 allowing you to at least be competative even in WvWvW.. so yes I would say you can have everything... I just don't care for gear based PVP never have and never will but some people seem to enjoy it so more power to them I suppose. Glad PVE is why I pre-ordered this game though not pvp...

That isn't true. In closed beta I had full QL 10 gear and completed all the available missions but only had around 175 skills out of 500. Once you complete the last zone the game turns into grinding the last few zones and dungeons over and over again for gear and AP. Unless Funcom is hiding 8 more zones somewhere I would have to say you are far from half way through the game once you get QL gear and I didn't exploit to get full purple sets either.

You know that a lot of content has been locked away? how can you not know this when devs repatedly said this on forums? even CB players don't have access to everything.

By the way if you PVP even on decent pace you will have all the skills you need.

again in other games such as GW2 you have other objectives and can build seige weapons that can take out large amount of players so a small group can take on a zerg if played right.. I just see nothing like that here.. not to mention you get a boost in gw2 allowing you to at least be competative even in WvWvW.. so yes I would say you can have everything... I just don't care for gear based PVP never have any never will but some people seem to enjoy it so more power to them I suppose. Glad PVE is why I pre-ordered this game though not pvp...

Sir / Madam i have pre ordered GW2 and i participated in all betas so far. Yes there are seiges and all but are you telling me it is not zergfest? your main point was zerg vs zerg, storm the castle or fight in open for objectives you are still zerging. Even in GW2 i was running seperate from zerg ina small group with friends.

And once again TSW PVP is not gear heavy at all because like i already mentioned you don't have to grind till you die to get QL 10 items to be on par with other players. Just play the game on natural pace and you will get what you need.

Even GW2 has stats on armor and weapons and you can even fill up slots on ur armor to get better stats, does it mean GW2 is gear dependent too?

That isn't true. In closed beta I had full QL 10 gear and completed all the available missions but only had around 175 skills out of 500. Once you complete the last zone the game turns into grinding the last few zones and dungeons over and over again for gear and AP. Unless Funcom is hiding 8 more zones somewhere I would have to say you are far from half way through the game once you get QL gear and I didn't exploit to get full purple sets either.

You know that a lot of content has been locked away? how can you not know this when devs repatedly said this on forums? even CB players don't have access to everything.

By the way if you PVP even on decent pace you will have all the skills you need.

As stated by a couple devs on the closed beta forums, what I experienced was 90% of the content they had to offer. The only stuff they locked away was the story missions past the 5th map and a lot of the investigation and sabotage missions in which there aren't many. Also the faction specific missions which there aren't many of. So I could probably get to over 200 skills out of 500 available. Still not enough content unless you repeat.

Having just the 14 skills you need to PvP isn't enough for me to be satisfied.

• DarkDemon69DarkDemon69 Member Posts: 154

Its just like lotros monster play its the biigest zerg wins pvp

again in other games such as GW2 you have other objectives and can build seige weapons that can take out large amount of players so a small group can take on a zerg if played right.. I just see nothing like that here.. not to mention you get a boost in gw2 allowing you to at least be competative even in WvWvW.. so yes I would say you can have everything... I just don't care for gear based PVP never have any never will but some people seem to enjoy it so more power to them I suppose. Glad PVE is why I pre-ordered this game though not pvp...

Sir / Madam i have pre ordered GW2 and i participated in all betas so far. Yes there are seiges and all but are you telling me it is not zergfest? your main point was zerg vs zerg, storm the castle or fight in open for objectives you are still zerging. Even in GW2 i was running seperate from zerg ina small group with friends.

And once again TSW PVP is not gear heavy at all because like i already mentioned you don't have to grind till you die to get QL 10 items to be on par with other players. Just play the game on natural pace and you will get what you need.

Even GW2 has stats on armor and weapons and you can even fill up slots on ur armor to get better stats, does it mean GW2 is gear dependent too?

besides the gear thing the difference is how the maps are layed out and how it handles the zerg and how you can avoid it if you want... obviously we can go back and forth and get no where on this topic but I just don't find TSW PVP a strong point in the game at all.

• spector_0_0spector_0_0 Member Posts: 28

The rose-colored glasses are going to take a beating when the game goes live.  Gear quality most certainly makes a difference, and will have a large negative impact on players who are slow to progress through PvE content or brand new to the game.  (This gear-dependent PvP situation was a major thorn in SW:TOR, and begged the question why brackets weren't implemented.)  It seems like Funcom wanted to go the route of giving players faction-dispensed PvP gear, hence the decision to choose Tank/Healer/DPS outfits, but the implementation fell flat.  Unfortunately, gear quality/rank plays a major role in ones ability to compete (most notably when you are going up against decked Q10 players).  This is quite disappointing, because it would seem like Funcom would want to highlight the importance of creating effective builds rather than gear being the major deciding factor (in what should be a contest of players' skill).

I doubt any open beta player will get to experience the joys of a 13K Hammer of Thor, but, hey, it's something to look forward to in release! :)  Yes, there are still many balance bugs that need to be addressed...